Intruder in Wichita, KS needs identified

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

midwestseeker

Reaction score
I hope everyone can forgive me as this is the first time I have ever started a new thread but I found this one scary and interesting enough that I felt it needed to be posted here. I saw the following news clip this morning about an intruder caught on a Ring camera in Wichita, Kansas. It bothers me the most because the intruder did not take or do anything. This is exactly the type of situation where I feel he could progress to something much worse. Please share and help get this person off the street before someone gets hurt.

Intruder caught standing over sleeping teen in chilling video

How terrifying! To my untrained eye, IMO, he appears to be a teen or very young adult. That last shot of him looking straight at the camera from the doorway is quite clear. I have a feeling most people would be able to recognize him from that shot. Now it’s just a matter of getting someone to come forward...and then figure out what in the heck his motive was.

That would be so terrifying! I am a little confused by the sequence of events (did she wake up while he was standing over her, or did she wake up from a Ring alert and then watched the video?). I wonder if they also had Ring video of doors? Since they don't know how he got in the house, that would at least eliminate those routes of entry/exit.

Do you, OP, have other "intruder in Wichita" stories during the last few months? Curious if this horror-fraught event was a one-off, or evidence of a spree.

Do you, OP, have other "intruder in Wichita" stories during the last few months? Curious if this horror-fraught event was a one-off, or evidence of a spree.
I do not and have not had the opportunity to research yet. Given these was the BTK stomping grounds, it creeped me out seriously. When I have the opportunity, I will be looking at the Wichita news more. It does appear to be a young adult and that worries me for the path he could be on. Hope that screenshot leads to a quick arrest.

Wichita has reason to fear -- not only BTK, but the Fager "hot tub" killings come to mind. And there are the Reginald and Jonathan Carr killings -- the so-called "Wichita Horror" of rapes, robberies, and murders. Scary enough for a small city, certainly. But the indivdual here also looks a bit young to take that seriously. Still....

Wichita has reason to fear -- not only BTK, but the Fager "hot tub" killings come to mind. And there are the Reginald and Jonathan Carr killings -- the so-called "Wichita Horror" of rapes, robberies, and murders. Scary enough for a small city, certainly. But the indivdual here also looks a bit young to take that seriously. Still....

It is what I fear that young man "becomes". :-(

this sounds seriously creepy
I can't watch tonight or I will have nightmares

Teen caught on camera watching girl sleep arrested for burglary, theft

Update: Thursday, May 14, 2020

Wichita police say they arrested a 14-year-old boy who was caught on camera breaking into a home and watching a teenage girl sleep.

Officers responded to a burglary in progress call at a residence in the 1200 block of North Harding around 2:41 a.m. on Friday. They arrived and made contact with a 32-year-old woman and her two daughters, ages 16 and 2, who lived in the home.

The 16-year-old reported waking up to an unknown person inside of the home. The suspect then fled from the home on foot.

The mother provided investigators with surveillance video from inside the home, which showed the 14-year-old roaming around the residence for several minutes before leaving.

On Wednesday, Wichita police asked for the community’s help to identify the suspect using social media. Through a tip from the community, the 14-year-old was identified and arrested.

The investigation revealed that the 14-year-old entered the residence through an unlocked door and stole a tool. The 14-year-old then ran from the home after the 16-year-old woke up.

The investigation is ongoing, and the case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s office

I remember the Fager murders like it was yesterday and can recall the time of day, where I was and what I was doing when I heard the report. It was definitely a difficult thing for a 16 year old to process and I am still not settled with the lack of justice. :(

Teen caught on camera watching girl sleep arrested for burglary, theft

Update: Thursday, May 14, 2020

Wichita police say they arrested a 14-year-old boy who was caught on camera breaking into a home and watching a teenage girl sleep.

Officers responded to a burglary in progress call at a residence in the 1200 block of North Harding around 2:41 a.m. on Friday. They arrived and made contact with a 32-year-old woman and her two daughters, ages 16 and 2, who lived in the home.

The 16-year-old reported waking up to an unknown person inside of the home. The suspect then fled from the home on foot.

The mother provided investigators with surveillance video from inside the home, which showed the 14-year-old roaming around the residence for several minutes before leaving.

On Wednesday, Wichita police asked for the community’s help to identify the suspect using social media. Through a tip from the community, the 14-year-old was identified and arrested.

The investigation revealed that the 14-year-old entered the residence through an unlocked door and stole a tool. The 14-year-old then ran from the home after the 16-year-old woke up.

The investigation is ongoing, and the case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s office

now that he's been caught, I watched it and what a freaking creep - the way he just stares I thought the video stopped repeatedly
he was definitely considering committing another crime IMO
this is just the beginning of his crime career JMO

Before your post I never heard of the Fager "hot tub" killings. I've spent the last hour or so reading up on the crime. It seems to me the police got the right man and the jury let him go.

Thanks for posting Madfrank and Perfectingpink..

I remember the Fager murders like it was yesterday and can recall the time of day, where I was and what I was doing when I heard the report. It was definitely a difficult thing for a 16 year old to process and I am still not settled with the lack of justice. :(
I'm not sure how I ended up on this thread but like you, I remember this case clearly. I lived in Wichita at the time and my mom worked with Ms. Fager at Boeing when the murders happened. I believe the right person was arrested and charged and the jury got it wrong. JMO.

I hope everyone can forgive me as this is the first time I have ever started a new thread but I found this one scary and interesting enough that I felt it needed to be posted here. I saw the following news clip this morning about an intruder caught on a Ring camera in Wichita, Kansas. It bothers me the most because the intruder did not take or do anything. This is exactly the type of situation where I feel he could progress to something much worse. Please share and help get this person off the street before someone gets hurt.

Intruder caught standing over sleeping teen in chilling video
Wichita girl here and yes this was a terrifying time for us. We were retweeting this and sharing everywhere. So glad that it was followed up in as quickly as it was. We have several crimes here in Wichita haven’t been so lucky. So glad to find a group that is actually paying attention to All crimes and giving victims a voice.

I agree. I feel like most murder committed in the 80s many were too quick to try to lump in with BTK rather than believe we have another rampant killer. Landwehr did an excellent job with this case however at this time the evidence was circumstantial and even though Butterworth drove the Fager’s car to Florida. Bought new clothes before leaving town. Did the handyman work on the Fager’s sunroom. As well as stating he had amnesia as to why he could not remember events prior to arriving in Florida. Jury members still stand by their acquittal. ‍♀️

Last edited:
@Laughing and @al66pine I agree with both of you there should be a separate link. I was looking around the Eagle (our local newspaper) and of course it will only all access with subscriptions. There are some True Crime YouTubers who have touched on it but I haven’t really watched those. It still technically remains unsolved even though police feel like they had the killer and he was acquitted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back