Intruder theories only - RDI theories not allowed! *READ FIRST POST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading a 1999 archived Q & A 'chat' session with Pam Paugh @ ACR. ...interesting read! For example:

Q: "Finally, I've always wondered if there were anyway for an intruder to climb up on the balcony of JonBenet's bedroom, and if so, was there a sliding door to her room from the balcony that might have been left unlocked? Thanks, river"

A: "There was clearly full access to the balcony outside JonBenet's room. Any intruder could have entered from that position. There was also a tree located close by which had several branch extensions giving additional access to the balcony. Her room did not have a sliding glass door, but a regular door leading to the balcony. Oddly enough, when I was in the room, I noticed that this same door had been 'secured by obvious means' from the inside. It is a point of investigation and I cannot comment further."

*Paugh is referencing the 28th, when she was chaperoned in the house, collecting items to take to GA. I've always wondered about the balcony...

Link to source: http://www.acandyrose.com/s-pam-paugh.htm

That is interesting. I think this house had many ways in and out. I have to wonder how hard they really looked at this house and investigated entry points.

Since one statement is from Pam and the other from Patsy, all it means is that Pam was not aware. Patsy revealed the truth.

I still think that because they had a santa suit does not mean that someone else also did not have a santa suit that showed up there that night.

IT makes sense with what Jonbenet said... And how else to be under cover at Christmas time..
I offered no editorial comment on what I posted -- no opinion, just the record. But now I will.

Pam was obviously wrong. But she seems to be suggesting in her answer something sinister (IMO). I've never seen a Santa suit at my brother's house, but I don't think I would ever state unequivocally that the g's (my brother and his family :giggle: ) "did not own a Santa outfit!!!"

I offered no editorial comment on what I posted -- no opinion, just the record. But now I will.

Pam was obviously wrong. But she seems to be suggesting in her answer something sinister (IMO). I've never seen a Santa suit at my brother's house, but I don't think I would ever state unequivocally that the g's (my brother and his family :giggle: ) "did not own a Santa outfit!!!"

There is no suggestion of anything. The only comment was that they never owned one TO HER KNOWLEDGE, they didn't.

That is all it means. There was no cover up, Obviously she was not aware they had one. I still see no big deal. Patsy answered truthfully and that is a better and more important source.

If you really want to find the truth you have to take things as they are without spin or bias. She made a statement. She was wrong. Simple as that.

I was most curious about the question asked of Pam, but after reading it again, it seems to be quite speculative in nature.

There's a Santa Claus suit & a canvas bag listed in the search warrant inventory from 12.26.96, but no indication that the Santa suit was in the bag, or any bag for that matter.

Also, the answer attributed to Pam seems 'distant', so I'm not certain the response was hers at all. I'd have to do more research...

What bothers me is if anyone takes an opinion of " I Know what happened". They are wrong. No one knows. Neither side can claim to be right. It is all opinion and it gets harder to find the truth in the rumors and lies and assumptions.

For me this case is hard because there is so much thought to be true that just isn't or has not been proved to be.

What bothers me is if anyone takes an opinion of " I Know what happened". They are wrong. No one knows. Neither side can claim to be right. It is all opinion and it gets harder to find the truth in the rumors and lies and assumptions.

For me this case is hard because there is so much thought to be true that just isn't or has not been proved to be.

When I first came to this forum I was pretty sure that JR did it, but seeing all the info, I have got to say, I'm not sure anymore. [modsnip] I just want the facts, but those are rare and hard to come by.

Im thinking the only way to have a real opinion is to go back to the beginning. Throw out most of it and start with what can be substantiated and is known FACT. IT is really hard to find the sources of a lot of things people say are facts.

IT is frustrating.

I keep thinking about the pineapple. AS near as I can see the only answer to if there was pineapple at the whites was fleet white saying he did not remember if there was pineapple there. Any more documented reports on that?

I keep thinking about the pineapple. AS near as I can see the only answer to if there was pineapple at the whites was fleet white saying he did not remember if there was pineapple there. Any more documented reports on that?
Steve Thomas says pineapple wasn't served @ the Whites, but FW Jr. couldn't recall. Makes me wonder how Thomas deduced it wasn't served. Hmmm... :dunno:

Steve Thomas says pineapple wasn't served @ the Whites, but FW Jr. couldn't recall. Makes me wonder how Thomas deduced it wasn't served. Hmmm... :dunno:

Exactly. Which could be why he was sued. [modsnip].

Exactly. Which could be why he was sued. [modsnip]

Or maybe Steve Thomas asked some of the others that were at the party and that was the answer. Perhaps the females prepared the food and were better sources of the right answer.

Or maybe Steve Thomas asked some of the others that were at the party and that was the answer. Perhaps the females prepared the food and were better sources of the right answer.

It would be nice to know where he got it. I have not seen any clear report that has anything listed other than FW stated he did not know.

It was Christmas, if there was fruit cake, It often has pineapple in it.

I just have never seen any proof that there was absolutely know pineapple there.

It would be nice to know where he got it. I have not seen any clear report that has anything listed other than FW stated he did not know.

It was Christmas, if there was fruit cake, It often has pineapple in it.

I just have never seen any proof that there was absolutely know pineapple there.

I thought there was some sort of forensic evidence that test the pineapple in her stomach to the rinds of that found in the bowl (or something like that). I know I have seen that written, I expect someone can possibly quote the source.

I thought there was some sort of forensic evidence that test the pineapple in her stomach to the rinds of that found in the bowl (or something like that). I know I have seen that written, I expect someone can possibly quote the source.

I am just looking at proving that there was or was not pineapple at the Whites..

I am aware of the theories regarding the pineapple in the bowl.

I've been reading a 1999 archived Q & A 'chat' session with Pam Paugh @ ACR. ...interesting read! For example:

Q: "Finally, I've always wondered if there were anyway for an intruder to climb up on the balcony of JonBenet's bedroom, and if so, was there a sliding door to her room from the balcony that might have been left unlocked? Thanks, river"

A: "There was clearly full access to the balcony outside JonBenet's room. Any intruder could have entered from that position. There was also a tree located close by which had several branch extensions giving additional access to the balcony. Her room did not have a sliding glass door, but a regular door leading to the balcony. Oddly enough, when I was in the room, I noticed that this same door had been 'secured by obvious means' from the inside. It is a point of investigation and I cannot comment further."

*Paugh is referencing the 28th, when she was chaperoned in the house, collecting items to take to GA. I've always wondered about the balcony...

Link to source: http://www.acandyrose.com/s-pam-paugh.htm

One of the police on the scene on Dec. 26 had a similar question about possible entrance from the balcony. He - I'm pretty sure it was a he - observed that the balcony had a coating of either frost or dew that would have retained footprints. No footprints were found. I don't have a source for you just now but will do my best to locate one.

One of the police on the scene on Dec. 26 had a similar question about possible entrance from the balcony. He - I'm pretty sure it was a he - observed that the balcony had a coating of either frost or dew that would have retained footprints. No footprints were found. I don't have a source for you just now but will do my best to locate one.

Frost usually comes in the morning.. So it would have been there AFTER someone had been there that night had they used the balcony. And that is more of the problem with this case. Someone deciding because there were not foot prints in the frost that occurs usually sometime before 6 am, That that would mean no one was there. Just like the no footprints in the snow thing..

Mama, the source is Steve Thomas's book, p. 18-19. He and Officer Reichenbach checked JBR's room together. A frost had formed on the balcony in the night and had not melted.

The pineapple in her small intestine was tested and so was the pineapple in the bowl. They were a match - said to match "down to the rind".

Thank you, Meara. :) I thought Pam Paugh had mentioned something significant about the balcony door around the time of JMK's arrest, but I haven't found the quote.

Thank you, Meara. :) I thought Pam Paugh had mentioned something significant about the balcony door around the time of JMK's arrest, but I haven't found the quote.

You're welcome, Mama. Since you're interested in the balcony question, frost does form at night, by the way. Generally speaking, it will form outdoors any time relatively calm air reaches the dew point and where there are surfaces colder than the surrounding air. Boulder had had a particularly cold night on Dec. 25-26 (-12* was it? anyway, below zero), so even after daybreak things would have remained quite cold for several hours. The temperature eventually rose to the low 50s, but JBR's south-facing balcony is covered and recessed behind the front part of the house, so it would have been sun-warmed later than an exposed surface such as the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maia1919