Intruder theories only - RDI theories not allowed! *READ FIRST POST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this might seem incredibly bizarre. But guess what Melody and her husband and son opened in 2005.

http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/articles/art01246.html

More Family Hospice:

Family Hospice is a family owned and operated agency, based in Boulder Colorado. It was founded in 2005 by a local Boulder family who, nearing retirement, felt they still had something very important to do. Luther and Melody Stanton were very familiar with hospice services. Melody had been the Administrator for an independent living facility in Boulder for eight years and Luther, a financial planner with a major brokerage firm, had focused for many years on estate planning; helping seniors with financial decisions. However, he always felt he could be doing so much more. Over the years, Melody saw many of the residents at her facility with life limiting illnesses choose hospice services, which enabled them to remain where they were living and near their friends and family. The support, care and love Melody witnessed was life changing for her. Then their son Jerry Kopack, a business analyst with a finance degree from The University of Colorado, became a part of this very committed team, in order to "give back" to the community they love.

Now it's possible this is all on the up and up. But a hospice is a perfect place for a serial killer to work.

And something else. Her husband was an estate planner. He certainly would have had some important connections in Boulder in his line of work. Do these two sound like someone who would change their story and talk about "energies" eminating from Jonbenet?? They aren't wacky new agers.

Their statements are interesting. They DIDN'T go to the police with their first statement because "they didn't want to get involved." Why not? A kid's been murdered next door to you and you "don't want to get involved???" She was 52 at the time, not some naif.

Then they BOTH tell this story and then BOTH retract it. And so where are the cops sitting them down and interviewing them separately???? Where where where? Millions of pages of interviews and research, but these two? Nope. Never talked to them again. There isn't even an "official statement"

Page 193 Steve Thomas’ book:
But we all agreed that Melody Stanton, the neighbor who claimed to have heard a scream, “Obviously that of a child,” on Christmas night, could have done so. I wanted to go over and talk to her right then and dig deeper into her story, but Deptuy DA DeMuth refused, putting a blockade between police and Melody Stanton. He said he planned to “prep her” before trial. DeMuth didn’t explain his reasons to mere police officers and detectives. I could not fathom why a prosecutor would intentionally stop us from talking to her. Such a thing had never happened before in any investigation I was involved in, but with a wave of his hand---poof!---DeMuth sealed off an important avenue of investigation from the investigators.

So who's the one with the "connections" that were able to manipulate the investigation? Hmmm.

I do wish violent criminals would see the risks they assume when they commit their crimes and decide not to do them. It would make things so much easier for the rest of us. Unfortunately, some of them are warped enough to take the risks. Really, nothing they do surprises me anymore.

Ok this might seem incredibly bizarre. But guess what Melody and her husband and son opened in 2005.

http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/articles/art01246.html

Now it's possible this is all on the up and up. But a hospice is a perfect place for a serial killer to work.

And something else. Her husband was an estate planner. He certainly would have had some important connections in Boulder in his line of work. Do these two sound like someone who would change their story and talk about "energies" eminating from Jonbenet?? They aren't wacky new agers.

Their statements are interesting. They DIDN'T go to the police with their first statement because "they didn't want to get involved." Why not? A kid's been murdered next door to you and you "don't want to get involved???" She was 52 at the time, not some naif.

Then they BOTH tell this story and then BOTH retract it. And so where are the cops sitting them down and interviewing them separately???? Where where where? Millions of pages of interviews and research, but these two? Nope. Never talked to them again. There isn't even an "official statement"

I don't believe ST account. So I would need other sources to ponder MS. Just more bad investigating...

I don't believe ST account. So I would need other sources to ponder MS. Just more bad investigating...

I don't believe much of what he says, either. It's possible the Stantons heard something. I think they probably did. Hopefully, we'll see a trial one day and a jury will decide if there are problems with their testimony or not.

I don't believe much of what he says, either. It's possible the Stantons heard something. I think they probably did. Hopefully, we'll see a trial one day and a jury will decide if there are problems with their testimony or not.

No one else in the neighborhood reported hearing anything. Even those who lived closer. They lied. Why would they lie, why would they not want to talk to police, why would they run away? Why would their lie match crime scene evidence?

No one else in the neighborhood reported hearing anything. Even those who lived closer. They lied. Why would they lie, why would they not want to talk to police, why would they run away? Why would their lie match crime scene evidence?

There is no proof they lied. There is a way to hear sound outside the house.

Forgive the autocorrect. Tapatalk has a mind of its own. :)

Then why did no other neighbor hear it?? And yes they did lie. How do two different people spell out this entire story with all the details they did, then recant it?

If MS said it was two days earlier did her husband Luther change his answer to that AS WELL?? If she heard a "Blood curdling scream that she will never forget" and she thought it was Jonbenet, did she call the next morning to see if everything was OK? And wouldn't the relief of seeing JBR and her family set their mind at ease so as to clarify in their mind exactly when they heard it??

Where is their police interview???

I think the Stantons were in a good position to hear something other didn't because of the vent in the basement and the Stantons' open bedroom window facing the vent. I can see Mrs. Stanton trying to back out of something she said earlier because she didn't want someone to crawl in her window and kill her, too. Perhaps her earlier statements appear to match crime scene evidence because the first thing she said wasn't a lie.

Then why did no other neighbor hear it?? And yes they did lie. How do two different people spell out this entire story with all the details they did, then recant it?

If MS said it was two days earlier did her husband Luther change his answer to that AS WELL?? If she heard a "Blood curdling scream that she will never forget" and she thought it was Jonbenet, did she call the next morning to see if everything was OK? And wouldn't the relief of seeing JBR and her family set their mind at ease so as to clarify in their mind exactly when they heard it??

Where is their police interview???

You'd have to ask police. It is completely possible for a neighbor to hear something that another neighbor did not even closer.

They absolutely lied. First they said they heard something, then recanted.
Either they lied when they said they heard something. Or lied when they took it back. Both can't be true.

Either they lied when they said they heard something. Or lied when they took it back. Both can't be true.

A defense attorney is certainly going to have a heyday with her testimony if this ever goes to trial. She/They may be able to salvage it by saying they got scared temporarily and tried to back out, but it's definitely a problem. I don't think it's as crucial as we might think, though, since we have the DNA. Of course, if a theorist is theorizing one or both Stantons are involved in the crime, the problems with their testimony might take on a great deal of weight. I don't think they are involved, though.

No proof they lied. None. People change their mind all the time about testimony. For many reasons. Fear and intimidation being a few reasons.

I don't know why there is such an obsession in this forum with calling people liars. People make mistakes, People can have an absolute memory and then it turns out that was their perspective but not completely accurate.

I can think of a lot of scenarios in which they recanted and did not lie.

You'd have to ask police. It is completely possible for a neighbor to hear something that another neighbor did not even closer.

Of course it is, but these people recanted their story so it doesn't matter anyway.

Of course it is, but these people recanted their story so it doesn't matter anyway.

Often the situation causes nerves to fray, thus confusion, and "excited utterances" that are just wrong. How many people are questioned by LE about a murder, ANY murder? Add to that the proximity of the crime, the child victim, and the "nice" neighborhood. A rare event.

I think it still matters.

I really believe fresh unbiased investigators could get this case much further.

I don't get your perspective that they aren't lying.

The women claimed she heard a blood curdling scream that woke her up. She then woke up her husband who sat up listening and heard the metal on cement sound. They go to sleep and find out the next day that their neighbor is murdered. They say nothing and tell a friend. The friend goes to the police.

They tell the police the same thing. Then they change it completely to a different story. That's not a mix up or a mistaken memory because they BOTH changed their story. How is that "accidentally possible?"

Either way they are lying about something. The question is why. And the more important question to me is why they weren't brought in for questioning by police? Not only that but it's very difficult to find any information about them online, which is very strange IMO

I don't get your perspective that they aren't lying.

The women claimed she heard a blood curdling scream that woke her up. She then woke up her husband who sat up listening and heard the metal on cement sound. They go to sleep and find out the next day that their neighbor is murdered. They say nothing and tell a friend. The friend goes to the police.

They tell the police the same thing. Then they change it completely to a different story. That's not a mix up or a mistaken memory because they BOTH changed their story. How is that "accidentally possible?"

Either way they are lying about something. The question is why. And the more important question to me is why they weren't brought in for questioning by police? Not only that but it's very difficult to find any information about them online, which is very strange IMO

Maybe they were scared. Maybe they felt intimidated by police.. Maybe they thought the police were going to come after them. IT does not mean they were lying. It could mean many things. I am not big with the lying label.

If they changed their story because they are afraid of the police coming after them they are LYING.

Don't you understand what the word lying means???

ly·ing1 [lahy-ing] Show IPA
noun
the telling of lies, or false statements; untruthfulness: From boyhood, he has never been good at lying. Synonyms: falsehood, falsity, mendacity, prevarication. Antonyms: truth, veracity.
adjective

Maybe they were scared. Maybe they felt intimidated by police.. Maybe they thought the police were going to come after them. IT does not mean they were lying. It could mean many things. I am not big with the lying label.

Explaining why, after a blood curdling scream, from a small child, Ms. Stanton could not give a time, other than 12:00-2:00 am, AND did not call police, or the Ramsey home, then went back to sleep, would be tough. First impressions are often vivid directly after an event involving LE, then soften. "He ran right into me, on purpose!" becomes, "I do not know how, or why, but his car backed into mine" down the line. Not lying, human nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mustanglawton