Investigators search east of Skyline school

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, slow for me too. About an hour ago it was taking over a minute for each page to load. It has gotten a little better though. :woohoo:

It was taking so long to load that I thought there must be breaking news and lots of people were looking at the thread!

I wouldn't think horses would be much use on those steep densely wooded slopes with so much undergrowth.

TES is not just a horse search operation. They do use horses at times, but also have lots of other search equipment, such as side scan sonar boats, 4wheelers, etc. They know how to organize voulunteers to do proper grid searches. They also do not just show up for a search. They must be asked to come by the family. (maybe LE could ask too, I'm not sure.) It just makes me cringe when people think they just come with horses to search for the missing. Go check out their website, they really are amazing. Tim Miller ROCKS~!!

ETA: Websleuths has been very slow for me tonight, I logged out and came back, didn't realize others had responded. Sorry!!

It was taking so long to load that I thought there must be breaking news and lots of people were looking at the thread!

LOL...............that's what I thought too! I was sure I was missing something because WS wouldn't load.

They do use horses, but they also use all-terrain vehicles, boats, helicopters, etc., plus volunteer searchers.

I think a lot depends on the area of the search. When they were searching for Stacy Peterson, they utilized a lot of boats as there's a lot of rivers, ponds, lakes in Illinois. Searchers on foot fanned out in fields. With Caylee Anthony, the search was through fields and some water in Florida, but mostly in thick vegetation.

In all cases Texas Equasearch waits to be asked to search and they coordinate their searches with the local LE.......find out what's been searched and what hasn't, what areas need to be searched or researched, etc.

Okay, thanks.

TES is not just a horse search operation. They do use horses at times, but also have lots of other search equipment, such as side scan sonar boats, 4wheelers, etc. TH\hey know how to organize voulunteers to do proper grid searches. They also do not just show up for a search. They must be asked to come by the family. (maybe LE could ask too, I'm not sure.) It just makes me cringe when people think they just come with horses to search for the missing. Go check out their website, they really are amazing. Tim Miller ROCKS~!!

He's the best!

Lets get back to the search please. :) Sure sounds as though they were in the same general area as yesterday..... Searching the place Dede was working also sets of the Hink Meter.

I wish they would find Kyron. :(

Why would anyone go grocery shopping BEFORE they drove around for an hour or worked out? No dairy, no frozen foods, did she have a cooler? No sense, whatsoever!

Why would anyone go grocery shopping BEFORE they drove around for an hour or worked out? No dairy, no frozen foods, did she have a cooler? No sense, whatsoever!

Millions of people go into markets everyday for piles of things that need no refrigeration. All the time. I'm one of them, and I don't drink liquor or eat chips and I try to avoid the candy and ciggies and my son outgrew pampers decades ago.

I really had a feeling that this weekend was going to bring a conclusion, however tragic. Now it seems that won't be the case. More agony for the family, more frustrations for the investigators and possibly more dangerous, exhausting searches ahead...:(

you know, we were all hoping for something in the past two days...to our knowledge, nothing has...but maybe something did...we just don't know...but you know that's ok...it does take time...they've had 8 weeks, why would we think they would find something signifigant in 2 days...time will tell......thank you searchers for your time...you have families as well...

Searchers scour woods for Kyron clues
Sunday, August 8th, 5:21 pm

Search teams spent all day Sunday combing areas off Northwest Germantown Road.

snip

Neighbors tell us this is the second full day of searching in the area - some of it in areas so steep that teams had to rappel down cliff faces in order to cover the ground completely.

They say officers also went door-to-door interviewing neighbors with many of the same questions asked after the search first began.

snip

"All they did is they came to the door and said they were with search and rescue this morning and wanted permission to go on our land to check the streams," said neighborhood resident Judith Emerson.

Some crews were using search dogs to go through forested areas along Germantown Road.

http://northwestportland.katu.com/content/searchers-scour-woods-kyron-clues

There are a lot of wild animals up there folks...I've seen a ton of coyote personally up in that immediate area. I don't know how scent travels in relation to water, espescially as respects K9s. Checking the streams makes sense.

Check the streams????

Sometimes bears and other animals will drag prey to a water source. :(

I live in the East, but close to black bear country, and this has happened in some incidences when children were involved, sad to say.

Also, if there has been much rain on steep slopes, a body will be washed downstream along a natural watercourse - path of least resistance downhill.

passionflower said:
When I was a child and a pet died for some reason when dad buried them he also went a bought a tree or bush and put it on top with mulch etc and it was like a momument. We would say Fritzie's tree etc. Patsie's bush.........
If gardening in the woods on a path as post above by THOUGHTFOX, I got a morbid thought of could he be under a rhododendron or other bush and disquised?

That's a frightening thought! Especially when you consider that TH was reportedly driving aimlessly on rural roads from about 10:10am until 11:39am when she signed into the gym, and DD left where she was working at about 11:15 and was gone for about 90 minutes. There isn't much overlapping in time between TH and DD. What if DD's role was to plant shrubs over a grave? :(

It's a really scary thought, but immediately what came to my mind when they talked about gardening in the woods. :( I hope LE knows what she was planting and where!

Here is the link. Had an.. interesting day (see last picture-note that was NOT Kyron related but a place we have been wanting to visit).. but over all the day/night ended on a good note.
I had started earlier labeling the pictures, but not going to finish now tonight it's too late..
the old abandoned house is not confirmed where searchers went, but it was the property right next to the road I saw the K9 searchers pop out of.

The K9 searchers were on the east side of Corn Pass.
There is a photo of the mailbox in the shots of the K9, this is directly ACROSS the street from where they were searching.

The DBF hunts and knows animal tracks, etc, and we drove down Old Germantown and he said he could see where A LOT of people went in.
Looks like they searched in between Germantown and Old Germantown.
One crew had just left, but I got a picture of the other SAR shuttle van, they were still in the field (we could not see them)

The balloon in the grass/ferns was very random, it was down a path that was obviously searched by searchers.. Just found it odd to see the balloon, I thought it probably came from the Wall of Hope as I've seen many of them exactly like that up there.

Here is the link, I'll add more details of where/what are in the pics tomorrow..
nite nite =)

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/08 08 2010 SEARCH/

Here is the link. Had an.. interesting day (see last picture-note that was NOT Kyron related but a place we have been wanting to visit).. but over all the day/night ended on a good note.
I had started earlier labeling the pictures, but not going to finish now tonight it's too late..
the old abandoned house is not confirmed where searchers went, but it was the property right next to the road I saw the K9 searchers pop out of.

The K9 searchers were on the east side of Corn Pass.
There is a photo of the mailbox in the shots of the K9, this is directly ACROSS the street from where they were searching.

The DBF hunts and knows animal tracks, etc, and we drove down Old Germantown and he said he could see where A LOT of people went in.
Looks like they searched in between Germantown and Old Germantown.
One crew had just left, but I got a picture of the other SAR shuttle van, they were still in the field (we could not see them)

The balloon in the grass/ferns was very random, it was down a path that was obviously searched by searchers.. Just found it odd to see the balloon, I thought it probably came from the Wall of Hope as I've seen many of them exactly like that up there.

Here is the link, I'll add more details of where/what are in the pics tomorrow..
nite nite =)

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/08 08 2010 SEARCH/

freefallzzzz, thank you so much for all the pics you posted tonight and yesterday. With it being such a tense weekend, it really helps to be able to see specific locations.

Did any of your pics get used on the news? I hope so. I sure thought of you while watching;-)

Seeing the balloon was touching -- and sad.

Thank you for being our eyes and ears on the searches this weekend.
:blowkiss:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, does anyone know if Sauvie Island was searched Sunday? I know there was speculation about that yesterday and then heard nothing about it on the news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RowTheBoat
Back