Iowa - Coronavirus COVID-19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've read that Iowa is one of the states that might go to phase 1 of re-opening. I'm in neighboring Nebraska, and we (apparently) will not. I'm all for re-opening the states, yet I will feel more sad than ever to be stuck behind closed windows when other states are enjoying more freedom. We are just experiencing a hot spot in a city that doesn't take quarantine guidelines (Grand Island) seriously so are boosting our stats. I'm interested in your thoughts, and I'd love to visit your state soon. Maybe as soon as you allow restaurants and bars to reopen.

My niece is an Ironman Triathlon competitor, she didn't register for the Des Moines inaugural event, because it's close to one she is registered in Idaho. I have heard that they haven't cancelled the event yet. Hopefully, next year, we will be attending.

MOO

I've read that Iowa is one of the states that might go to phase 1 of re-opening. I'm in neighboring Nebraska, and we (apparently) will not. I'm all for re-opening the states, yet I will feel more sad than ever to be stuck behind closed windows when other states are enjoying more freedom. We are just experiencing a hot spot in a city that doesn't take quarantine guidelines (Grand Island) seriously so are boosting our stats. I'm interested in your thoughts, and I'd love to visit your state soon. Maybe as soon as you allow restaurants and bars to reopen.

My niece is an Ironman Triathlon competitor, she didn't register for the Des Moines inaugural event, because it's close to one she is registered in Idaho. I have heard that they haven't cancelled the event yet. Hopefully, next year, we will be attending.

MOO
Yes you are right Governor Reynolds is going to use the phase approach to reopen the state. Iowa will adopt phased reopening approach after coronavirus closures, Gov. Kim Reynolds says Our current restritions (no shelter in place or stay at home order) with bars and restaurants, malls, libraries, hair salons, etc. (there is a lot not open here) goes to April 30th. Schools are already closed the remainer of the school year. IMO-we will hear by Thursday or early next week what is going to happen after April 30th. IMO-regions 1, 5, and 6 in Iowa are no where near ready to have the restrictions lifted. They are currently rated at 9 or 10 and are where there are many nursing home and meat packing outbreaks as well as hospital workers. I'm almost 100% positive the meat plant workers spread this around communities before they even knew they had it. I also live in one of these regions and will voluntarily stay home regardless of what she does. IMO-I think Reynolds could extend the restrictions to mid May (14th or so) before starting any phased reopening. I do think she made a good choice by keeping the schools closed. Iowa COVID-19 Information ETA-However, I am really looking forward to being to go out and buy flowers like the week before Memorial Day or so. Really do hope this is better under control by then.

The website, TestIowa.com, will let users conduct a guided self-assessment to determine if they need to be tested. The first testing site will be in downtown Des Moines on Saturday, Reynolds said.

The program comes with increased testing capabilities of up to 3,000 additional tests a day.

"By taking the assessment and sharing the information, you can help us zero in on potential outbreaks and new clusters so that we can target our response and protect the health of others," Gov. Kim Reynolds said at her Tuesday news conference.
Iowa rolls out new COVID-19 testing regime with online assessment, mobile testing sites

More: The latest on coronavirus in Iowa

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory
Back