Ireland Ireland - Mary Boyle, 6, Cashelard, County Donegal, 18 March 1977

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is anyone else listening to podcast? It's really well made.
@Justice4MaryBoyle is that you on the podcast being interviewed? I wonder if you are happy with the way it has been made/presented?

I do hope that something comes of all this new publicity, your family deserve to get some answers.

Is anyone else listening to podcast? It's really well made.
@Justice4MaryBoyle is that you on the podcast being interviewed? I wonder if you are happy with the way it has been made/presented?

I do hope that something comes of all this new publicity, your family deserve to get some answers.

Hi there

Thanks, yeah that is me on there I was really happy with it but it didn't seem to get much publicity in Ireland sadly
Would anyone know any good blogs etc who would share the podcast
or indeed I would be willing to chat to any podcaster etc about this case

we don't have too much to report in the meantime we have been getting filmed by a documentary crew for nearly 2 years now but they feel they need something new to release it

which is frustrating as we feel we will only get something new with more publicity

sorry for not being on in so long

Where is the Uncle now? Were the neighbors at the time checked out? What was the family dynamics then and now?

the Uncle lives not too far away and owns the land were Mary went missing, he's there almost every day farming on a field next to it

the family dynamics.

The Gallaghers refuse to say anything

Marys mother still isn't talking to her surviving daughter Ann because Ann is looking for Mary (I?)

Most of my extended family ( the Boyles ) just don't get involved, there's only me and my sister who have publicly backed Ann (marys twin) we have relatives in Canada and the US who wish us well and support us & my own family back in Scotland too but its radio silence elsewhere sadly

Where is the Uncle now? Were the neighbors at the time checked out? What was the family dynamics then and now?

Sorry yes the neighbours at the time , the only ones close by, who Gerry Brought the ladder too were checked out and I believe an attempt was made to try & pin it on one of them but it didn't stick .. whenever there is news of the Irish Police digging for Mary its usually a PR exercise and they are digging in the same field ( belonging to the neighbours) that they have dug up loads of times before.

The neighbours weren't involved

upload_2020-12-5_15-19-45.jpeg
At around 2pm, a little girl was sitting by a fire in her grandparents’ house in rural Donegal just before lunch.

The lively six-year-old suddenly motioned her mother over to her.

“I forgot to give you a kiss this morning,” she told her. And with that, she threw her arms around her mother, and gave her a kiss. She then sat down for lunch at the small table which had been set up for her, her brother and twin sister and two of her cousins, beside the table where the adults sat.

The last time her mother would ever see her after that was as she walked out the door with the rest of the children.

Spotting her uncle on his way to drop a ladder off at a neighbouring house, the girl decided to follow him, clutching half a roll of sweets in her hand.

But at some stage she decided to turn back and, in an instant, Mary Boyle vanished straight into history, and Ireland’s longest-running missing child mystery.

The last marks she left were her small footprints and a discarded sweet wrapper in some briars on a remote road leading to the junction

To this day, her mother Ann still feels that blood-chilling moment when she discovered Mary was missing on March 18, 1977.
Spotlight: ‘We will never stop looking for our loved ones’

I can't really see an opportunistic predator being responsible for Mary's abduction. The area is far too remote.

I am probably stating the obvious, but I believe some close to the girl was responsible.

I can't really see an opportunistic predator being responsible for Mary's abduction. The area is far too remote.

I am probably stating the obvious, but I believe some close to the girl was responsible.
On the other hand, an opportunistic predator may seek out remote locations- the Jacob Wetterling abduction for example.

On the other hand, an opportunistic predator may seek out remote locations- the Jacob Wetterling abduction for example.

The area Jacob Wetterling was abducted from was far less remote compared to where Mary Boyle went missing.

Wasn't it mentioned in the podcast referenced above that there were some farm laborers in a field by the road and no car had been on that road all afternoon? And cars, especially unknown cars, were unusual enough to be noticed and remembered?

Wasn't it mentioned in the podcast referenced above that there were some farm laborers in a field by the road and no car had been on that road all afternoon? And cars, especially unknown cars, were unusual enough to be noticed and remembered?
Good point.

It's possible that someone parked a vehicle up at the lay-by near the entrance to the road and walked down without being noticed. I can't help but think that there must have been a vehicle involved because otherwise where did she disappear to?

The Missing podcast have just done an episode on this case.

I wonder why the police drained a lake when Mary was terrified of water, I also wonder why the Gardai were told they couldn't investigate a certain "family member" just because they were a local member of Fianna Fail - especially since that family member was last to see Mary alive. I'm from a rural part of N. Ireland, not as rural as Donegal, but the point being that some "chance" encounter that Mary met her fate at the hand of serial killer Robert Black is highly dubious and a red herring at best. The Gemma O' Doherty documentary has a clip of an interview with the "family member" and they seem very uncomfortable in speaking of what transpired during the moments of the last sighting of little Mary. Occam's Razor would suggest the family member has more pertinent information that has never been revealed, or simply Mary wandered off and perished. Certain aspects of this case raise the hairs on my neck, and with respect to family members behaviour, have similarities to both Madeleine McCann and JonBenet Ramsey.

DEC 28, 2022

57b061a3-f88b-4526-abcb-49132d20c8f8.jpg

THE mother of Ireland’s longest missing child Mary Boyle has told how she’ll never give up hope that her daughter will be found.

Mary was six when she disappeared from her grandparents’ home in Cashelard, close to Ballyshannon, Co Donegal, on March 18, 1977, which would make her 51 now.

And despite an exhaustive Garda search, Mary has never been found.

But her mum Ann still lives in hope of finding answers about her little girl.

She told The Irish Sun: “I still keep hoping that we’ll find something.”

More at I still keep hoping that we will find something, says mum of missing Mary Boyle

the Uncle lives not too far away and owns the land were Mary went missing, he's there almost every day farming on a field next to it

the family dynamics.

The Gallaghers refuse to say anything

Marys mother still isn't talking to her surviving daughter Ann because Ann is looking for Mary (I?)

Most of my extended family ( the Boyles ) just don't get involved, there's only me and my sister who have publicly backed Ann (marys twin) we have relatives in Canada and the US who wish us well and support us & my own family back in Scotland too but its radio silence elsewhere sadly
I do not understand why Annes mother wont speak to her because she is trying to find her twin? isnt it normal to want to find a missing sibling?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals
Back