Ireland Ireland - Roanaid Murray, 17, murdered, Glenageary, 4 Sept 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is the link to watch the documentary Rainy in Glenageary : The Murder of Raonaid Murray
Its a real vanity project that documentary. The family were not even featured and two POI were never really looked at. A friend of mine, in the process of making a doc, has narrowed the POI down to two individuals. What I have learned in the last few months I couldnt possibly post here, but keep an eye out for a YT on this case in the coming months.

Its a real vanity project that documentary. The family were not even featured and two POI were never really looked at. A friend of mine, in the process of making a doc, has narrowed the POI down to two individuals. What I have learned in the last few months I couldnt possibly post here, but keep an eye out for a YT on this case in the coming months.
and disregard all my other comments here, none of it is relevant anymore.

Aug 26 '23

Ali Bracken 3 Sep 2022

'Raonaid Murray: ‘It may have been a woman who killed her’​

Detectives are convinced answer to the murder lies within the teenager's social circle'
View attachment 443116
'Raonaid Murray was likely caught off guard when her attacker punched her in the face, chipping one of her front teeth.'

2000 > January > 14 > The Mirror (London, England)
rbbm
''A STRAND of hair taken from the body of murdered teenager Raonaid Murray could prove to be vital in trapping her killer.

Gardai have sent it for DNA testing in England along with samples from possible suspects.

The hair was found on Raonaid's body during forensic tests after she was stabbed to death last September but is definitely not hers.

One investigator said: "If it matches one of our suspects we could be able to solve this very quickly.''

"At the same time, it could have been anyone's. We'll just have to wait for the results."
she wasnt punched in the face and the female suspect was cleared on DNA analysis.

she wasnt punched in the face and the female suspect was cleared on DNA analysis.
''A SUSPECT i n the 1999 murder of Raonaid Murray has been ruled out of Garda inquiries after she voluntarily supplied a DNA sample from the U.S. Security sources have revealed that the woman was believed to have stabbed the 17-year-old in a jealous rage.Jul 2, 2012''

''A SUSPECT i n the 1999 murder of Raonaid Murray has been ruled out of Garda inquiries after she voluntarily supplied a DNA sample from the U.S. Security sources have revealed that the woman was believed to have stabbed the 17-year-old in a jealous rage.Jul 2, 2012''
clearly she didnt...getting on with her life today and back living in the neighbourhood.

I've never heard of this one before, sounds like the local community may know who killed her then but scared to speak out?

My gran is from Dun Laoghaire.
It depends on who you talk to...quite a few people spoke to us...from DL...but that area where she grew up...people are inclined not to talk....

clearly she didnt...getting on with her life today and back living in the neighbourhood.

Kids of her own now who’d be Raonaid’s age. Wish she’d just hand herself in. Don’t know how she lives with what she’s done tbh! Wonder do her kids know she did it?

Murdering someone with such evilness over an argument about a bloke. Did she stay with the fella also involved all this time? Not a chance!
Raonaid’s poor family. I’ve not seen anything said by them in the media since 1999. I hope they’re doing ok.

Kids of her own now who’d be Raonaid’s age. Wish she’d just hand herself in. Don’t know how she lives with what she’s done tbh! Wonder do her kids know she did it?

Murdering someone with such evilness over an argument about a bloke. Did she stay with the fella also involved all this time? Not a chance!
Raonaid’s poor family. I’ve not seen anything said by them in the media since 1999. I hope they’re doing ok.
you make it sound like its an open and shut case...i wish it was that easy! .maybe you know more than me...which i doubt as ive been working with people on this for the last year...we've come across all kinds of theories/suspects/and read everything from the court material, archival, online, and have spoken to retired guards. As for your question and i presume we're talking about the taxi suspect and female suspect...shes not involved with him today...we dont even know if they were an ''item''...as for the family...theres been some issues but i dont know how they are today...there was no appeal in 2023 and this year is the 25th anniversary....

i dont mean to come across as smart about this....its just that we've looked at a lot of material and its not as simple as an argument over a fella...think about it...we know the suspects....theres no way on earth the detectives behind the biggest homicide investigation of the state would allow these characters to get away with it....and these characters, no offence intended, are not very bright....

but if you have something that might interest me, do share. Thanks...

Today is the 20th anniversary of the murder of Raonaid Murray. I didn't know her myself, but i hung out in the same area as her, and a lot of people i know were friends of hers. They are still devastated about her death and talk about her to this day. What are peoples thoughts/theory's about this case?

'Come out from the shadows' - Raonaid Murray family addresses killer 20 years after murder
So 25th anniversary soon … you hung around that area…two brothers were brought in for questioning, I’m curious to know the surname, any idea? Apparently they lived up that way, used The Cut to get home.

I'm from Glenageary myself, many moons ago. Arnold Grove originally. I remember walking down to the newsagent off Bellvue road to buy a packet of smokes, and the dude behind the counter said: "Terrible what happened last night." I asked, what happened? He went on to tell me about the stabbing. I was stunned. We had been literally a few doors down from the scene working in a house the day of the killing that happened that night . I went to the cops and told them, gave them my car reg in case somebody reported an unknown vehicle and they needed to cross it off their list. They weren't a bit interested. I think they botched that inquiry. They said there was no DNA. C'mon, there must have been something. I think it was a woman who did that. <modsnip - no link to approved source to statement of fact>. Raonaid's father was the Irish teacher to a few of my mates in Pres Glasthule. I was born and lived in Glenageary for 29 years and was absolutly horrified that something so terrible could have happened in my district. I've taken that laneway as a short cut home on thousands of occasions coming back from the boozer in Dun Laoghaire.
Did you know the brothers who were arrested? They lived up your way.

Today is the 20th anniversary of the murder of Raonaid Murray. I didn't know her myself, but i hung out in the same area as her, and a lot of people i know were friends of hers. They are still devastated about her death and talk about her to this day. What are peoples thoughts/theory's about this case?

'Come out from the shadows' - Raonaid Murray family addresses killer 20 years after murder
I won’t say too much but my pals doc has taken many twists and turns. He hopes to release it for September. We can’t name names here & I can’t really divulge what progress has been made but you can email at art_condor@yahoo.ie I’ll update you there.

Same applies to you, contact me on that email, and she had a chipped tooth & was strangled also. I read the coroners report - autopsy etc

Obviously I’ve learned a lot about this case in the last 6 months & information came to us via a number of reliable sources. We also read the coroners report & autopsy report. Extremely chilling. We also, through sheer determination, unearthed our own info & worked our way through the POI list. I have to say that was quite a disturbing journey. In the end we are left with 3 individuals who might have been responsible. We suspect evidence for two is circumstantial & too lightweight for DPP to go ahead with a prosecution. The third individual remains unquestioned to this day but in part our suspicions about him have somewhat rescinded, irrespective of his dubious behaviour in the years after the murder. So, it leaves two suspects who we believe are the only POI that matter. You can forget about the female suspect, the numerous chefs and rehashed theories banded about. In part the media are responsible for the “tunnel vision” that has blighted the case & the clearly flawed investigation from the moment Raonaids body was found. I’ll post a tribute to Raonaid one of the lads uncovered and leave it at that for now.

Just to say it’s inconclusive a kitchen knife was used. One stab wound to the abdomen penetrated to the depth of 5 inches, no hilt bruising so length of blade was 6 inches or so. Our findings suggest it was more likely a hunting knife. Both suspects had a fascination with knives, one from a very young age. Both were known to carry them for “self protection”. Crucially, one of the POI was certainly in the area at the time of the murder. Let’s call him S1. The police know this, a SW publication in 2010 highlighted it. The other suspect, S2, was in the company of Raonaid in July of that year. July 29th was the night she sought sanctuary in a friend’s apartment. Something spooked her as she made her way home. We are not sure if S2 was responsible for this. S2 was reported when the photofit released by the guards piqued the attention of people who knew him. He was subsequently invited to have a chat with the guards & he was cleared on an alibi. Puzzlingly, the photofit matched 3 people further confusing the authorities. Back to S1. He was 100% in the area on the night of the murder. To say this guy was unhinged would be too kind. He stayed a suspect for 10 years, questioned over that time about the murder. His explanation about that night is littered with lies. Tellingly he lived not too far from the murder scene. I think today he’s still a POI but hard evidence is lacking. I’ve no idea if authorities were waiting on science to catch up from 1999. We are not even sure what DNA evidence they have. I mentioned another person who resembled “oasis/nerd guy” composite. yes, we have a name but he has disappeared and probably lives abroad. He knew S1. There’s zero online info or clues as to where he is or what he does. Frustratingly S1 knew two brothers who lived near the scene or approx location. They were questioned about the veracity of S1s movements. We are still looking for info on them. So, I think this case is not lost. The top cops involved have either retired or passed away. One or two are still on the books. Time buries everyone. But I think there will be a confession and a prosecution.

Just to say it’s inconclusive a kitchen knife was used. One stab wound to the abdomen penetrated to the depth of 5 inches, no hilt bruising so length of blade was 6 inches or so. Our findings suggest it was more likely a hunting knife. Both suspects had a fascination with knives, one from a very young age. Both were known to carry them for “self protection”. Crucially, one of the POI was certainly in the area at the time of the murder. Let’s call him S1. The police know this, a SW publication in 2010 highlighted it. The other suspect, S2, was in the company of Raonaid in July of that year. July 29th was the night she sought sanctuary in a friend’s apartment. Something spooked her as she made her way home. We are not sure if S2 was responsible for this. S2 was reported when the photofit released by the guards piqued the attention of people who knew him. He was subsequently invited to have a chat with the guards & he was cleared on an alibi. Puzzlingly, the photofit matched 3 people further confusing the authorities. Back to S1. He was 100% in the area on the night of the murder. To say this guy was unhinged would be too kind. He stayed a suspect for 10 years, questioned over that time about the murder. His explanation about that night is littered with lies. Tellingly he lived not too far from the murder scene. I think today he’s still a POI but hard evidence is lacking. I’ve no idea if authorities were waiting on science to catch up from 1999. We are not even sure what DNA evidence they have. I mentioned another person who resembled “oasis/nerd guy” composite. yes, we have a name but he has disappeared and probably lives abroad. He knew S1. There’s zero online info or clues as to where he is or what he does. Frustratingly S1 knew two brothers who lived near the scene or approx location. They were questioned about the veracity of S1s movements. We are still looking for info on them. So, I think this case is not lost. The top cops involved have either retired or passed away. One or two are still on the books. Time buries everyone. But I think there will be a confession and a prosecution.
Just to add S1 was 15 yrs old in 1999, S2 was 19/20 and S3 who disappeared was 17 yrs old. S1 was 15 yrs old but his background and his state of mind pointed to a very volatile individual. For clarity S1 fancied Raonaid, S2 was in her class (we tend to believe he was innocent) & S3 wanted to date Raonaid also. S1 & S2 both went to the same school. S1 left before he was expelled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back