Is Casey Anthony Possibly Innocent?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that Casey is innocent, but there is always a possibility that she could be found not guilty. I started a thread about an aquittal, so I'll just leave it at that ;)

This is a great thread and brings up a lot of things (worries) I've had as we get closer to trial.

Is she "innocent"? Not by a long shot, can she be found "not guilty".. I'm worried it could happen.

I think it's important for all of us to realize that while we have had YEARS to look at and study the evidence to draw our conclusions, the jury won't have that same amount of time. They are going to have a LOT to absorb in a very short amount of time.

Playing devils advocate I can easily see how the DT can raise reasonable doubt about all the evidence and explain away the partying, not reporting etc.

The one thing I can't see being "explained away" though is Zanny.

The other thing we have to remember is "reasonable doubt" and what it means to different people. Remember it doesn't matter what "you" think the law says.. it IS open to interpretation in each persons mind.

One person might say "We have to use our common sense and common sense says all these pieces of evidence point to KC".. another person might think "We have to use our common sense and common sense tells me that no one saw her do it, none of the evidence points directly to her, it could have been a family member and she was afraid to tell her mommy because she didn't want to get in trouble.. I am not allowed to vote guilty in that case)

Because so many people have different interpretations, here is my fear of what could happen:

The last time I was on a jury we had a phone harassment case. The evidence showed the victim had numerous restraining orders against the guy and proof that he had violated those orders. They had a TAPE of him harassing and threatening the victim. He did not admit that it was him on the tape.

During deliberations 11 of us voted for guilty.. ONE person could not vote that way because he had no PROOF that it was the defendant who was on the tape. In his mind that constituted "reasonable doubt"

Goes to show that even the best circumstantial evidence isn't always enough for some people.

I agree, it doesn't matter how strong the circumstantial evidence is, people will choose not to see it. Unfortunately, some people also have a hidden agenda not always consistent with the guilt or innocence of an accused.

Thats a tough one because I admittedly have not seen everything but I will say this, I would never vote for the DP, I am firmly against and as I said my gut tells me she is involved somehow, I think it would be very tough for to be vote not guilty, I would really need to know lesser charges included would be before I could really answer this but I am not going to lie to you, based STRICTLY on what I know and I would say I probably know as much as most of you who have followed the case, and assuming the state doesnt bend over backwards in their presentation but just lays it out there, based on what I know right now today I would likely vote not guilty simply because I dont think the state can prove it an I am one of those guys that would rather see ten guilty people go free rather than one innocent person lose their freedom, but again if the state does an extraordinary over the top job and I think Ashton in particular is capable and very likable, I could be swayed for a guilty verdict.

I can see your point, actually. Before the body was found...I was convinced she had sold her or something too. I know beond a resonable doubt that she is involved. I think it could have been an accident or act of rage. But the longer she goes without breaking down, the less I believe that. I too am not for DP in THIS case. Based on what I know now. However, if the SA lays it out well and tells me a "story" that makes sense...I could change my mind. If they can add a human element to the evidence, I think they will convince jurors beyond a doubt. When JA had the speech where he was trying to keep the DP on the table and described the last face Caylee seen was that of her mothers that shook me up big time. Especially when he said that Caylee was a bright 2 year old, above average in intellegence. Could she have known what was happening to her? I have a son that would have been Caylees age if she were alive. He is bright, but not nearly as bright as Caylee appears on her videos. He would have understood what was happening to him.

You would not have been able to make it to the jury since you are not DP qualified. I am sure the sentence is ultimately what is giving you more reasonable doubt in your mind. Almost as if you are trying to create doubt because you don't feel the punishmnet is just. I can understand that. I can also understand about letting a quilty person go free then have one innocent one locked up. Everyone has given KC the benefit of the doubt so far. Her family to a point of fault, LE, her friends, etc. If she showed an ounce of remorse. Shed one tear for Caylee, admitted to her part whatever it was...told the truth about ANYTHING during this investigation, I think she would have a chance of getting a lesser sentance if any at all. But her behavior makes me so afraid to see her walk. Aparently the state is too which is why they are seeking such a tough sentence. They know more than they have shared. Trial will be interesting.

This is a great thread and brings up a lot of things (worries) I've had as we get closer to trial.

Is she "innocent"? Not by a long shot, can she be found "not guilty".. I'm worried it could happen.

I think it's important for all of us to realize that while we have had YEARS to look at and study the evidence to draw our conclusions, the jury won't have that same amount of time. They are going to have a LOT to absorb in a very short amount of time.

Playing devils advocate I can easily see how the DT can raise reasonable doubt about all the evidence and explain away the partying, not reporting etc.

The one thing I can't see being "explained away" though is Zanny.

The other thing we have to remember is "reasonable doubt" and what it means to different people. Remember it doesn't matter what "you" think the law says.. it IS open to interpretation in each persons mind.

One person might say "We have to use our common sense and common sense says all these pieces of evidence point to KC".. another person might think "We have to use our common sense and common sense tells me that no one saw her do it, none of the evidence points directly to her, it could have been a family member and she was afraid to tell her mommy because she didn't want to get in trouble.. I am not allowed to vote guilty in that case)

Because so many people have different interpretations, here is my fear of what could happen:

The last time I was on a jury we had a phone harassment case. The evidence showed the victim had numerous restraining orders against the guy and proof that he had violated those orders. They had a TAPE of him harassing and threatening the victim. He did not admit that it was him on the tape.

During deliberations 11 of us voted for guilty.. ONE person could not vote that way because he had no PROOF that it was the defendant who was on the tape. In his mind that constituted "reasonable doubt"

Goes to show that even the best circumstantial evidence isn't always enough for some people.

I want to ask you a question, how many murderers do you think are seen committing the act...very few, that argument is specious and in this case practically ALL the evidence points to her.

I have no idea who did it and I dont want to start throwing people under the bus on here even if I have my suspicions, I have a practice to protect and I dont need any defamation suits. That said, I do think she was knocking the kid out and leaving her in the car (man I HATE to think she would leave her in the trunk) and going out with her boy toys, again I HATE to think she would put duct tape on her during THIS PROCESS to muffle any screaming should the child wake up but I have to admit IT SURE LOOKS THAT WAY and if so then perhaps the child suffocated and died I just dont know if the state can prove it. If she did indeed do this the she should be punished with life in prison.

I do have some suspicions of others perhaps being involved but I dont want to go there on a public forum,not yet at least, I will let the defense start that conversation then maybe I will finish it.

So based on your post, sounds like you WOULD or COULD be conviced to vote her quilty to felony child abuse (knocking her out) or a involunatary manslaughter. These are both charges the jury can consider. If they don't all agree on murder, I am sure they will all agree on SOMETHING. Since the child is proven dead and proven to last be seen with her mother that would still constitute as a First degree murder charge according to the law the judge will give to the jurors. Now, lets say they decide to just go with the Felony Child abuse or Neglect charge only because one or two jurors just won't budge...the jury could recommened up to 50 years and the judge could still override it and sentence her to LWOP. I personally don't care what the charge is, just that she is off the streets. (If proven of course)

Many and I think MOST are simple things, a bar fight gone wrong, domestic abuse, etc. I can only go on what I know but with the exception of Robert Manwill, I believe all of our local cases have had witnesses.

Even in cases where there aren't any witnesses, we usually have someone who can come forward and say someone was threatening the victim, or someone had a problem with the victim. A timeline of the victims last movements can be traced and LE can find someone who saw or heard something.. anything...

That makes it easy.

Which is what causes the problems for this case..

Sweet Caylee was just gone.. we can prove what her mom was doing and where her mom was.. but does that prove that she was involved?

Some people need to see something definitive.. (echoes of the OJ case going through my head)

I want to ask you a question, how many murderers do you think are seen committing the act...very few, that argument is specious and in this case practically ALL the evidence points to her.

If they were seen they would have plead out way before it even gets to trial. I just read an article, not sure if I can post it, but it said having no body in a murder case, is not a problem with getting a convictions 90% of the time!! That is crazy! That is without a body! I wonder what it is when there is a body and that body is that of a child whos mother never cared to file a missing child report?? Not to mention all of the other circumstantial evidence...

I followed the case alot in 2008 and just after Caylee was found. I am current on the whole but do not know some key information I dont feel opinion is weighted enough to decided if I think it is first degree based on that.

At the start I thought it was an accident. I still kinda think whatever happened was not a premeditated murder attempt but her actions do imply guilt. I cannot set aside public opinion to make a fair verdict.
If the defence can pull off a believable accident verse cover up that is backed up with something concrete. They maybe able to get the reasonable doubt they are seeking.

To a jury who is not aware of the amount of information that there is on this case.

I am worried by the jury pool we have so far and I am thinking she may not be found guilty of first degree.

The thing is the law in Florida says even if the DT can pull of a accidnet theory, if the state can prove the accident happened while she was in KC's care they can still claim felony child neglect resulting in the unlawful death of her child and she would still qualify for DP at the very least 20 years in prision. But I guess it could save her life.

Anyone know the sentence for second degree?

Per the FLorida Sentence Statue it says up to LWOP for second degree murder, if it is a child time can be added including DP if the aggravating factors are there. So it's the same sentence no matter the charge. But I guess more flexibility.

Hey CiCi so glad to see you again. Its a little late for me but a lot of talk of the duct tape. The duct tape is highly circumstantial and doesnt prove anything IMO, it can link anyone in the Anthony household or anyone with access to that houshold to the death and not JUST Casey. IMO the duct tape possibly serves as a staging device, that is to say someone, whomever killed her, after tried to make it look like an abduction which also jives with her being put in a trash bag and dumped in the woods, The duct tape simply cannot be tied any more directly to Casey than it can George, Cindy or Lee. And that being the case, one could seed reasonable doubt from that alone.

Also there was talk upthread about Casey texting her friends complaining about the horrible smell in the car, its possible she did smell something and had no idea what it was, perhaps whomever killed the child put her in the trunk without Casey knowing, as a means of framing her or further redirecting LEO's attention away from them and on to someone else ie Casey. Again I dont necessarily believe all of this but it is POSSIBLE and therefore, in good conscience, I would not be able to utlize such evidence to coem back with a guilty verdict because it doesnt matter what I BELIEVE or what my perceptions of those things are, all that matters is can the state prove she killed her, put duct tape on her and put her in a trash bag and discarded her in the woods? No they cannot, not beyond a reasonable doubt, I could stand in front of that jury all day long and sow enough reasonable doubt for at least a hung jury and maybe although unlikely, an acquittal. I am just of the opinion and I respect those who disagree, that the state has a tough case to prove AND IF the jurors are truly following the law and are not influenced by the media coverage of this case since day one a unanimous guilty verdict is a long shot.

BBM That may fly if it were one little sliver of duct tape, but there were three long pieces of duct tape applied to Caylee's face. Three! I believe one piece was nine inches long. Nine inches could cover my face and I am a grown woman. The duct tape was the murder weapon, imo.

Although I agree that it could be tied directly to anyone in the Anthony home and the Anthony home only... that includes Casey Anthony. The last person to be seen with Caylee on June 16th, 2008. Also, Cindy and George have both stated that they had never seen that "Big Trouble" shirt Caylee was found with. We have pictures of Casey and Caylee with Caylee wearing that shirt.

I do not think she is innocent, but I agree that she may not get the death penalty, even though I think she could also. It matters none to me. As long as she is in prison for the rest of her life.

Hi everyone! Im popping out of my lurking closet to add some of my own feelings. While I do not believe she is innocent, I also dont believe she premeditated the murder. Something GA said in the beginning about a lie that keeps getting bigger and bigger has stuck with me. And the reason it has stuck in my mind is a personal experience I am going to share. Sorry if it is long, but I have wanted to share this since "day 31". Just finally got the courage. :great:

I am an Army wife, and with that comes constantly making new friends and getting to know them in an expedited way. We move our lives around the world and begin a new life at each and every location we move to. We are forced to do the same thing over and over..look for someone with something in common that we can pass time with. We get to know people based on what they share about themselves, and often dont have much reason to doubt their stories. We just want to make friends and secure a support system with others who are in the same position. That being said, here is my experience with someone that has given me a view into ICA and her mind.

I met this person through the normal channels. Through neighbors. I was invited to a baby shower for this person. I was told she was having twins, and I found out that her DH worked side by side with my DH. Also, I have twins, so there is a factor that automatically put us on the fast track for a new friendship. As many of us do, we gossip. And gossip some more. I am the type of person who doesnt like to get involved in it, but still listen. As my neighbors were setting up for the shower, I came to offer a hand. A few ladies were talking about the Mom to be. They were saying that she had just lost a baby some months back. The baby was "born in pieces". I thought how awful, but born in pieces? Huh? Really? They went on to say that she drove herself to the hospital, lost the baby, and the same day, came home and told everyone about her horrible ordeal. My hinky meter was on overdrive, but I stayed quiet. My jaw was on the ground anyways, so Any words I would have said would have been less than audible. The wonderful neighbors all pulled together and started collecting donations and even contacted the DH's unit. They paid for a funeral, and gave extra money for whatever hardships she may endure. That's just how we roll, we support each other as much as we can with the hope that if we are ever in need, someone will do the same. Since that particular incident happened before my time, I brushed it aside thinking I may not be getting the right story. It was punch bowl gossip at that point. Fast forward to the twins she was now preparing to have. The ladies were saying they didnt think she was even really pregnant. I thought "No way...you couldnt make up something like being pregs with twins." I have twins and I know how huge you get. They also said she was having identical girls. I could be wrong, but my doc told me he could not be sure if they are identical or fraternal until birth. Not sure if it was just my particular case, or every twin mom to be. They asked me what I thought, and since I had never met this woman, I just said I didnt want to pass judgement and feel stupid when she came home with twins. So, when she finally arrived and I saw her for the first time, my opinion was that she LOOKED pregnant, but not "twins" pregnant. This woman was so much like ICA was with her friends. The always there, and ready to help kind of friend that is hard to find. The almost too good to be true heaven sent friend. Much like ICA was with the group of friends she had. The texts between herself and Amy H were so familiar to me. This woman was good. And we quickly became close friends. She showed me a sealed box that held the ashes of the baby that was born in pieces. In the back of my mind, I had that nagging voice, but decided to push it aside and give this woman the benefit of the doubt. She was due to give birth in 2 weeks. Knowing what I know about birthing twins, I know most docs wont let you go too far over the expected due date, which is in my experience around 34 weeks.

When I went over to her house to help her set up for the babies, I noticed most of the gifts she received at the shower were nowhere to be found. And there was no cribs, just a room with a desk for her arts and crafts and scrapbooking things. She told me she refused to set up until the babies came home because she didnt want to jinx it. Ok, fine. Later, I found out she had returned all of the gifts she could and pocketed the cash. So, her 34 weeks came and went. There were a few nights she offered to babysit for me so I could go out. We military wives usually jump on offers like that. More on that later....(again, sorry this is so long!!!)

Right around week 38, this woman called me and asked if I could come over she needed to talk to me. When I got there she informed me that she had lost the twins that day. She was crying and hysterical, telling me she lost the twins, got her tubes tied, and came home all in the same day. I decided to distance myself from that day on. She did come around to talk to me once in awhile. Shortly after, she asked me if she could come and spend nights at my house because she told her DH that she got a job doing security work. She didnt. For about 1 week, she came to my door, dressed in a security guards uniform. She would sit and talk all night long. She confided to me that she was writing checks for cash at our PX, and it has totalled over $5000! All in her DH's name. Since he is the soldier, anything done by his dependants directly affects him. And I felt like she was bringing me directly into the path of deceit. My Dh finally had enough and told her Dh she wasnt working. We pretty much stopped talking at that point. She went on to become pregnant with twins AGAIN. She had the maternity clothes and all. Just like before. People would spot her at Wal mart returning things on a normal basis. It was all just too creepy. The lies never stopped. They were soon transferred to Germany. She was still pregnant when she left. About 2 years later, we were transferred to Germany. I got in contact with her to see if she could give me advice. She told me they now had 3 kids and another on the way. Didnt believe it, but we were in different places in Germany so it didnt affect me much. Oh, as we were packing to move, I noticed that my baby books were not in the same place I stored them. I looked through them, and ALL of my Ultrasound pics of the twins were gone. No doubt taken when she so graciously offered to babysit for me. 2 years ago, I found out that her DH was in Iraq and commited suicide. Upon looking for obituaries for our friend, it listed her and his cat as his ones left behind. Not the "kids" they had. The miracle kids, mind you, because she got her tubes tied, remember?

Ok, now as for my feelings for ICA and her guilt. I dont believe she planned to murder her child. I believe there was an accident. I believe she died in the swimming pool. Sometimes, I forget about all of the drama surrounding the 31 days, and just think about the first day. The flurry of calls, and then nothing for hours. The shovel borrowing, backing the car in. The dogs hitting in a spot in the yard. The A's saying the gate wasnt where it should have been. I think, IMO, she borrowed the shovel in order to bury Caylee, but for some reason did not do it, instead put her in the trunk. Perhaps she went into shock or was worried about being spotted. But the body in the trunk tells me she did not plan it. If she had, she would have made sure to have plans to dispose of her body. She was great at making up complete lies that got so deep. If she planned a murder, IMO, she would have planned it well. Her entire life was one enormous lie. She went into panic mode. And that is where she tied all of her previous lies into the story. The "nanny", had been mentioned before. Telling CA she was out of town for work. She did not plan on the A's doing what they did. The chloroform......I cant understand it. Unless she was researching it because her friend had some sort of picture about chloroform on his myspace or facebook. The duct tape, well, if it was placed there before death, that is hard to argue. And would be the only reason I would think she premeditated it. But it just doesnt fit for me. Perhaps she used the tape on a regular basis to cover her mouth if Caylee needed a time out and wouldnt stop crying. The heart sticker makes more sense that way. Like ICA was punishing her with tape over the mouth, but putting a pretty sticker would make caylee think it was normal. (I used to have time out chairs with my kids names lol) Maybe Caylee suffocated while in a time out. I just feel strongly that it was an accident that started everything. I do hope she never sees the light of day again and is never permitted to live among us, but not the death penalty. Just like my old friend, she created a whole story and brought people into it. ICA just didnt have the option to start a brand new life with brand new people such as my friend did. She didnt have the luxury of starting all new lies with nobody to call her on it. Unless you count the letters between herself and the other inmate. That looks like the beginning of a whole new story and set of lies. Sorry this was so long, but I wanted to tell the story for so long now. Justice for Caylee!!!!

I am of the opinion that with the evidence so far which includes:

The bag in which poor little Caylee's body was found is the same brand that the CA family uses.

The residue from the heart sticker matches the stickers within KC's room.

The duct tape is an obscure brand that matches what the Ants owned.

The fact that she did not report Caylee missing for such a long time.

The car smelled and still smells as if someone died.

That she had on previous occasions visited the site where the remains of Caylee was found...to bury dead pets and visit with friends.

There is much more and would require more time than I am willing to put into this question but...more will come out during the trial and I am postitive that she will be found guilty and recieve a life sentence for the crime.

I am not sure that she will recieve the death penalty and that is ok by me because she may wish that she was dead. How horrible to live with life knowing that you sucked the life out of an innocent child.

I am greatful that you asked this question. All of us have soul searching to do.

Thanks!

Hi everyone! Im popping out of my lurking closet to add some of my own feelings. While I do not believe she is innocent, I also dont believe she premeditated the murder. Something GA said in the beginning about a lie that keeps getting bigger and bigger has stuck with me. And the reason it has stuck in my mind is a personal experience I am going to share. Sorry if it is long, but I have wanted to share this since "day 31". Just finally got the courage. :great:

I am an Army wife, and with that comes constantly making new friends and getting to know them in an expedited way. We move our lives around the world and begin a new life at each and every location we move to. We are forced to do the same thing over and over..look for someone with something in common that we can pass time with. We get to know people based on what they share about themselves, and often dont have much reason to doubt their stories. We just want to make friends and secure a support system with others who are in the same position. That being said, here is my experience with someone that has given me a view into ICA and her mind.

I met this person through the normal channels. Through neighbors. I was invited to a baby shower for this person. I was told she was having twins, and I found out that her DH worked side by side with my DH. Also, I have twins, so there is a factor that automatically put us on the fast track for a new friendship. As many of us do, we gossip. And gossip some more. I am the type of person who doesnt like to get involved in it, but still listen. As my neighbors were setting up for the shower, I came to offer a hand. A few ladies were talking about the Mom to be. They were saying that she had just lost a baby some months back. The baby was "born in pieces". I thought how awful, but born in pieces? Huh? Really? They went on to say that she drove herself to the hospital, lost the baby, and the same day, came home and told everyone about her horrible ordeal. My hinky meter was on overdrive, but I stayed quiet. My jaw was on the ground anyways, so Any words I would have said would have been less than audible. The wonderful neighbors all pulled together and started collecting donations and even contacted the DH's unit. They paid for a funeral, and gave extra money for whatever hardships she may endure. That's just how we roll, we support each other as much as we can with the hope that if we are ever in need, someone will do the same. Since that particular incident happened before my time, I brushed it aside thinking I may not be getting the right story. It was punch bowl gossip at that point. Fast forward to the twins she was now preparing to have. The ladies were saying they didnt think she was even really pregnant. I thought "No way...you couldnt make up something like being pregs with twins." I have twins and I know how huge you get. They also said she was having identical girls. I could be wrong, but my doc told me he could not be sure if they are identical or fraternal until birth. Not sure if it was just my particular case, or every twin mom to be. They asked me what I thought, and since I had never met this woman, I just said I didnt want to pass judgement and feel stupid when she came home with twins. So, when she finally arrived and I saw her for the first time, my opinion was that she LOOKED pregnant, but not "twins" pregnant. This woman was so much like ICA was with her friends. The always there, and ready to help kind of friend that is hard to find. The almost too good to be true heaven sent friend. Much like ICA was with the group of friends she had. The texts between herself and Amy H were so familiar to me. This woman was good. And we quickly became close friends. She showed me a sealed box that held the ashes of the baby that was born in pieces. In the back of my mind, I had that nagging voice, but decided to push it aside and give this woman the benefit of the doubt. She was due to give birth in 2 weeks. Knowing what I know about birthing twins, I know most docs wont let you go too far over the expected due date, which is in my experience around 34 weeks.

When I went over to her house to help her set up for the babies, I noticed most of the gifts she received at the shower were nowhere to be found. And there was no cribs, just a room with a desk for her arts and crafts and scrapbooking things. She told me she refused to set up until the babies came home because she didnt want to jinx it. Ok, fine. Later, I found out she had returned all of the gifts she could and pocketed the cash. So, her 34 weeks came and went. There were a few nights she offered to babysit for me so I could go out. We military wives usually jump on offers like that. More on that later....(again, sorry this is so long!!!)

Right around week 38, this woman called me and asked if I could come over she needed to talk to me. When I got there she informed me that she had lost the twins that day. She was crying and hysterical, telling me she lost the twins, got her tubes tied, and came home all in the same day. I decided to distance myself from that day on. She did come around to talk to me once in awhile. Shortly after, she asked me if she could come and spend nights at my house because she told her DH that she got a job doing security work. She didnt. For about 1 week, she came to my door, dressed in a security guards uniform. She would sit and talk all night long. She confided to me that she was writing checks for cash at our PX, and it has totalled over $5000! All in her DH's name. Since he is the soldier, anything done by his dependants directly affects him. And I felt like she was bringing me directly into the path of deceit. My Dh finally had enough and told her Dh she wasnt working. We pretty much stopped talking at that point. She went on to become pregnant with twins AGAIN. She had the maternity clothes and all. Just like before. People would spot her at Wal mart returning things on a normal basis. It was all just too creepy. The lies never stopped. They were soon transferred to Germany. She was still pregnant when she left. About 2 years later, we were transferred to Germany. I got in contact with her to see if she could give me advice. She told me they now had 3 kids and another on the way. Didnt believe it, but we were in different places in Germany so it didnt affect me much. Oh, as we were packing to move, I noticed that my baby books were not in the same place I stored them. I looked through them, and ALL of my Ultrasound pics of the twins were gone. No doubt taken when she so graciously offered to babysit for me. 2 years ago, I found out that her DH was in Iraq and commited suicide. Upon looking for obituaries for our friend, it listed her and his cat as his ones left behind. Not the "kids" they had. The miracle kids, mind you, because she got her tubes tied, remember?

Ok, now as for my feelings for ICA and her guilt. I dont believe she planned to murder her child. I believe there was an accident. I believe she died in the swimming pool. Sometimes, I forget about all of the drama surrounding the 31 days, and just think about the first day. The flurry of calls, and then nothing for hours. The shovel borrowing, backing the car in. The dogs hitting in a spot in the yard. The A's saying the gate wasnt where it should have been. I think, IMO, she borrowed the shovel in order to bury Caylee, but for some reason did not do it, instead put her in the trunk. Perhaps she went into shock or was worried about being spotted. But the body in the trunk tells me she did not plan it. If she had, she would have made sure to have plans to dispose of her body. She was great at making up complete lies that got so deep. If she planned a murder, IMO, she would have planned it well. Her entire life was one enormous lie. She went into panic mode. And that is where she tied all of her previous lies into the story. The "nanny", had been mentioned before. Telling CA she was out of town for work. She did not plan on the A's doing what they did. The chloroform......I cant understand it. Unless she was researching it because her friend had some sort of picture about chloroform on his myspace or facebook. The duct tape, well, if it was placed there before death, that is hard to argue. And would be the only reason I would think she premeditated it. But it just doesnt fit for me. Perhaps she used the tape on a regular basis to cover her mouth if Caylee needed a time out and wouldnt stop crying. The heart sticker makes more sense that way. Like ICA was punishing her with tape over the mouth, but putting a pretty sticker would make caylee think it was normal. (I used to have time out chairs with my kids names lol) Maybe Caylee suffocated while in a time out. I just feel strongly that it was an accident that started everything. I do hope she never sees the light of day again and is never permitted to live among us, but not the death penalty. Just like my old friend, she created a whole story and brought people into it. ICA just didnt have the option to start a brand new life with brand new people such as my friend did. She didnt have the luxury of starting all new lies with nobody to call her on it. Unless you count the letters between herself and the other inmate. That looks like the beginning of a whole new story and set of lies. Sorry this was so long, but I wanted to tell the story for so long now. Justice for Caylee!!!!

Very scary! I am glad you got out of the situation, no telling what she could have done. On that note...

The Anthony's have stated that the ladder incident didn't happen until June 17th, 2008. Caylee was already deceased by then. I personally do not think it was an accident, but I understand why people think it may have been.

No one is going to buy the I was framed and sat in jail for 3 years lying theory. [B said:
The problem is, when KC started lying, she never expected the body to be found[/B]. She wanted to create doubt that Caylee was still alive. Hoping she would go to trial w/ a deceased child never being found and be able to talk about all of these so called Caylee sightings in GA and CA. But once she was found, the plan backfired. End of yet another hallway, KC.

Snipped for space and BBM.

Interesting thought here about Casey not expecting her daughter's body to be found. Just last night, in reading another post, it popped into my mind that perhaps Casey did expect and did want the body found.

I think the lies about the Nanny taking her daughter and the unusual wrapping and the amount of the tape around the child's head ties in with an attempted proof of kidnapping - what Casey was claiming happened to her daughter.

She claims the child was taken, she does her best and goes out of her way to make officials believe in the fictional babysitter: She gives a name and address and even builds a background and personality for the fake babysitter. Besides telling everyone who inquires about Caylee during the 31 days that her daughter is with "the Nanny."

It would seem to me that having the remains found with evidence of the body being bound with tape, in Casey's mind, shows a kidnapping did occur.

However, the big problem for Casey is that she didn't go far enough in realizing that all she was telling them about her fictional Nanny could be proven false. IMO Casey believed LE would buy her story, everyone else had in her past when she needed to lie. Especially her own family.

In summary I am now leaning toward the fact, although Casey took steps to hide the body, she did expect her daugher's remains to be found and laid her money on the fact that the appearance of the tape surrounding the head would prove a kidnapping.
jmo

I think it's important to remember that premeditation doesn't mean weeks of planning. It can be just a minute of intending to kill. I believe this was premeditated, because I believe Casey did this out of a desire to have freedom and to have a relationship with Tony (who didn't think the apartment or his bed was a good place for a child). That's different than someone who gets suddenly angry or upset and lashes out. She saw Caylee as an obstacle to her Bella Vita and decide to remove the obstacle. I don't think she planned it all out in detail because she's just not much of a planner. But she did kill her intentionally.

I don't believe that Casey could have used duct tape for "time outs" because it is very difficult to remove duct tape from a child's skin without leaving noticeable marks. People would have seen the red marks and damage to Caylee's skin and nobody did.

Tink

I understand that the defense does not legally have to put on a case or prove something else happened. But they had better come up with something good to explain away KC's actions in that 31 days, because I don't believe the jurors will be able to ignore the things that she didn't do.
What is that saying? The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67