Is Elizabeth's Jail Food Cruel & Unusual Punishment?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Is Elizabeth's Jail Food Cruel & Unusual Punishment?

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 79 89.8%
  • It depends - please post dependencies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just don't know

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
well I hate she's not getting the kind of diet she would like (duh) but rest assured they're not going to give you something that will konk you out. It was mentioned with an earlier WS'er...anyone who has ever spent time in the military would know eating what they have to eat out of those MRI can's and the kind of water they have to drink in some of these countries...could be consider cruel...hey she might like that better...maybe Sheriff Joe can help her out...like a boot camp environment!

I think to be humane we need to give prisoners nutritional meals, a balanced diet, meet minimum daily nutritional requirements. Nutraloaf shouldn't be a punishment - it should be standard fare for all prisoners. I'm sick of the coddling of prisoners. They hurt society, they cost society. If they want a good or better life, then they shouldn't commit crimes. Plain and simple.

Elizabeth can't be rehabilitated. She's a drain on and cost to society. Keep her alive certainly, keep her contained where she can no longer hurt others definitely. Keep costs to maintain her at an absolute minimum.

When we don't have any more brutalized and abused and neglected and murdered and hungry and sick children, I'll be happy to start putting my energy towards whether prisoners should get Happy Meals.

:clap::aktion033:

/snipped/

Is there a need to prove she hurt Gabriel? She arrived back in the state without him, she left without notifying his father (or the courts - defying a custody order) and she refuses to say where he is - aside from giving him to strangers she met at or near a park, sound familiar? Sounds a little too close to the stories KC Anthony wants us to believe.

We know how that turned out for Caylee.

I agree with you LCoastMom on this... I don't think there needs to be additional proof that EJ is guilty of many horrible acts already, but I was replying to Saba's post above mine, that regardless if the court has proven her guilty, she is already guilty of attacking other inmates and therefore the nutraloaf was not unfair treatment at all.

I voted no.

Still my answer won't be popular.

If this were a regular diet for prisoners I would vote yes.

From what I've read about the "loaf" it's given to prisoners who have thrown food at CO's or other discipline issues. There was a news article here in FL where a state legislator tried one and described it as bland with a gross consistency. (my words)

Food should not be a punishment in the general scheme of things. It's a necessity and it's no secret that it's quality in prison attributes to morale/mental state of the prisoners (and with so many prisoners with mental issues, this is a big deal.. cost alone for the extra staff, medical should concern you all) and employee safety (riots have started over this issue). An edible, appetizing meal is not too much to give.

I mean, I know a lot of you are venting. EJ is a jerk, no matter what, what she's done is horrible

I might be wrong, but I get warm fuzzies knowing she was forced to eat that carp. It sounds like she earned that loaf too. But still.. Most of these people will get out one day then you have to deal with bitter ex-cons that were treated like animals..

Yup, I want that person as my neighbor.

So my answer is still NO. The loaf is given primarily as a safety issue not a regular diet. No problem. She's still a crybaby, I feel bad for the CO's that have to deal with her every day.

I kind of agree here. Using it as a deterrent- good deal. But cruel and unusual for Elizabeth attacking people? Uh uh. Maybe she (and others) will think about that funky aftertaste before they go after someone next time, and I'm guessing that's what officials are hoping for.

I went to a really crappy public school in the 80's- before they got big into making sure we got balanced, healthy lunches there. Those were the times when they counted ketchup packets as a vegetable. Now what they served us back then may have been cruel and unusual......

I kind of agree here. Using it as a deterrent- good deal. But cruel and unusual for Elizabeth attacking people? Uh uh. Maybe she (and others) will think about that funky aftertaste before they go after someone next time, and I'm guessing that's what officials are hoping for.

I went to a really crappy public school in the 80's- before they got big into making sure we got balanced, healthy lunches there. Those were the times when they counted ketchup packets as a vegetable. Now what they served us back then may have been cruel and unusual......

BBM, if you ask my grandsons, they'd tell you it still is 'cruel and unusual.' ;)

fran

UGH.
Check out this article, picture included...

Taste-Testing Nutraloaf...
(The prison food that just might be unconstitutionally bad):

http://www.slate.com/id/2193538

I am wondering of Nutri-Loaf in fact could be what Misty Croslin (Haleigh Cummings Case) complains to her mom about and refers to as as "mystery meat" that she had been served a few times and refused to eat?! In any case it isn't something that I would ever want to eat. But as far as I am concerned when you are a criminal you "reap what you sow." Therefor it is not cruel or unusual. If it meets the nutritional expectations then fine. Nobody said jailhouse/prison food would be tasty!

Honestly, let's close this thread. She is being fed period. Does she like it, guess not...is it wonderful food...who knows...but it is food...I do not care what she is being fed...but I do CARE what Master Gabe is being fed! NUFF said!

I opened this thread to ask the same question.

Honestly, let's close this thread. She is being fed period. Does she like it, guess not...is it wonderful food...who knows...but it is food...I do not care what she is being fed...but I do CARE what Master Gabe is being fed! NUFF said!

Closing thread.

Elizabeth is now out of the psych ward where she was given regular food instead of nutra-loaf. She's back in her regular cell, and I'm assuming she's still getting regular food instead of the nutra-loaf.

If there are any further loaf-related developments, I'll re-open this thread, or we can start a new one.

Thanks!
BeanE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members