Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Is the DNA relevant?

• Yes, it could solve this crime.

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Possibly, it's worth looking into further.

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Highly unlikely that it is related.

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • It is transfer/not relevant.

Votes: 27 46.6%

• Total voters
Whoa what dead kids names on his cane? Just got a bit creepier

It's even creepier than you don't think, as the French say. It was actually a harp on which Santa Bill carved the names of dead children - who had become angels with harps? And, he had been close to a little boy who was also murdered. And, he confessed to long term indulgence in *advertiser censored*. What are the odds that an innocent person would be at the hub of a wheel connecting dead children, two murdered children who were his friends, the the fake kidnap of one of them, one real kidnap of his own daughter and her friend, and the sexual assault of that friend with his daughter as forced witness, *advertiser censored*, a wife who wrote a play about a real torture and murder of a little girl in her basement, echoed years later by the basement torture and murder of the child previously mentioned, and the access-to-children role of Santa? Did I leave anything out? Although there was no hard evidence to tie him to the murder, the large and bizarre circumstantial case against McR has always troubled me. You'd get better odds on Miley Cyrus becoming a nun.

The McR's daughter and her friend were kidnaped on Dec. 26, 1974. JBR's lifeless body was found in the basement 22 years later to the day. This cannot be sheer coincidence on top of everything else constellated around McR, and yet the Rams are clearly guilty in JBR's death. How could these two stories possibly fit together?

As to the DNA - It is not relevant viewed alongside the totality of evidence against the Rams, IMO.

It is very creepy, but it seems like several people who annoyed Patsy the most in the few days leading up to the death got suspected the most. People who asked something of Patsy and who either butted in or really liked or even loved her daughter. Linda asked to borrow money and gave kid raising and housekeeping advice. Priscilla offended her at the party about JonBenet's food and was planning to speak to Patsy about pageant mania. Santa asked to have the party to promote a magazine interview, and really liked JonBenet. All 3 were heavily suspected. If these 3 were set up to be suspects then maybe Santa's history could show premeditation if it were planned to blame him.

i thought santa was off limits as a suspect?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8806452&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - A Message From ME to Everyone in the JonBenet Forum[/ame]

I don't have the detailed knowledge of this case that many of you have, but I'm wondering if it's too late to collect DNA from everyone who touched the body during the investigation and rule them out? Did someone say something (semen?) was found in her panties? If that belongs to the father or brother, I'd say that's not incidental or just because they all lived in the same house. Maybe someone can catch me up on this.

I don't have the detailed knowledge of this case that many of you have, but I'm wondering if it's too late to collect DNA from everyone who touched the body during the investigation and rule them out? Did someone say something (semen?) was found in her panties? If that belongs to the father or brother, I'd say that's not incidental or just because they all lived in the same house. Maybe someone can catch me up on this.

No semen was found on the panties.. Semen was found on the blanket that was in the suitcase that JonBenet's older step brother used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

IMO, it's not relevant in this case. I find it so hard to believe an intruder, who left no other clues that he was there, made the slip up and left his DNA at the crime scene. Plus, this intruder(DNA) is not in CODIS......so this was his only crime? Normally they are repeat offenders and don't stop at one. Especially since he has gotten away with it all these years. Just MOO

I don't have the detailed knowledge of this case that many of you have, but I'm wondering if it's too late to collect DNA from everyone who touched the body during the investigation and rule them out?
Good question! LE, medical personnel, etc. were ruled out as possible innocent sources of contamination; this practice is standard protocol. I believe you can find the info in PMPT, for sure.

Is the touch dna sample sufficient to possibly provide any information as to the race or geographic ancestry of the donor?
In the event that it is, has this work ever been done?

It's even creepier than you don't think, as the French say. It was actually a harp on which Santa Bill carved the names of dead children - who had become angels with harps? And, he had been close to a little boy who was also murdered. And, he confessed to long term indulgence in *advertiser censored*. What are the odds that an innocent person would be at the hub of a wheel connecting dead children, two murdered children who were his friends, the the fake kidnap of one of them, one real kidnap of his own daughter and her friend, and the sexual assault of that friend with his daughter as forced witness, *advertiser censored*, a wife who wrote a play about a real torture and murder of a little girl in her basement, echoed years later by the basement torture and murder of the child previously mentioned, and the access-to-children role of Santa? Did I leave anything out? Although there was no hard evidence to tie him to the murder, the large and bizarre circumstantial case against McR has always troubled me. You'd get better odds on Miley Cyrus becoming a nun.

Didn't JBR say Santa came to visit her in the middle of the night or was coming to visit her that night? CREEPER

Didn't JBR say Santa came to visit her in the middle of the night or was coming to visit her that night? CREEPER

I feel like that's a normal thing for a 6 year old to say or think. We all tell our kids Santa comes to bring presents in the middle of the night. JMO!

He is...The poor guy can't even RIP. It just sickens me how far the IDI's will go to "save" their "sainted Ramseys."

The question was about the DNA, not about who it might belong to...

Well, if he was cleared by DNA then, the Ramsey's were too. For the record I'm not in either camp although I lean towards a Ramsey doing it, mostly John. Nothing is set in stone in my mind, actually, I was just asking a question! I'm new here and tried to start my own thread, but, I don't have enough posts to do so. Sorry if I clogged up your DNA thread with useless nonsense:seeya: I just was thinking with my fingers.

Still, the DNA exhonerated the Ramsey's , right? But, you still feel like they are guilty, right? And the DNA exonerated the Santa guy? I still feel like too many things are fn weird about his tale and plus he looks creepy too! Jmo

Whoa what dead kids names on his cane? Just got a bit creepier

"Santa" Bill McReynolds loved playing Santa for children over the years. He had a cane or walking stick that he had carved the names of several of the children who had died.

"Santa" Bill McReynolds loved playing Santa for children over the years. He had a cane or walking stick that he had carved the names of several of the children who had died.

Aw that's kinda sweet...except for JonBenet being murdered! Idk it's strange.

DeeDee, did he have a walking stick with names, as well, or instead of -? I've only ever seen mention of a celtic harp or harp. It's on ACR, just by way of example, and on this old WS thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43125"]Bill McReynolds & the Small Wooden Harp - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
It's entirely possible there's some disagreement on this point that I missed in my reading, or have forgotten.

Well, if he was cleared by DNA then, the Ramsey's were too. For the record I'm not in either camp although I lean towards a Ramsey doing it, mostly John. Nothing is set in stone in my mind, actually, I was just asking a question! I'm new here and tried to start my own thread, but, I don't have enough posts to do so. Sorry if I clogged up your DNA thread with useless nonsense:seeya: I just was thinking with my fingers.

Still, the DNA exhonerated the Ramsey's , right? But, you still feel like they are guilty, right? And the DNA exonerated the Santa guy? I still feel like too many things are fn weird about his tale and plus he looks creepy too! Jmo

The DNA is useless in this case. If the DA would have went along with the Grand Jury and brought charges against both mother n father, we wouldn't be discussing DNA today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

DeeDee, did he have a walking stick with names, as well, or instead of -? I've only ever seen mention of a celtic harp or harp. It's on ACR, just by way of example, and on this old WS thread: Bill McReynolds & the Small Wooden Harp - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
It's entirely possible there's some disagreement on this point that I missed in my reading, or have forgotten.

I had read it was a walking stick, but now that you mention it I do recall reading on ACR about a harp. i guess it is one of those things on the case that has never been fully settled one way or the other.

The DNA profile, in CODIS, was not obtained from a "small" sample, relatively speaking. The size of the sample mixed with the bloodstain in the panties was sufficient enough to yield "reliable results" according to Krane, and the TDNA collected did not require LCN, thus, this sample was also adequate in size.

Except the standard of what is "adequate" in size has changed a lot within the last ten years. Not necessarily for the better.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soundvisualproductions
Back