Is the Prosecution brokering a deal with D. Casey?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I understand things correctly, DC has no special privilege in court regarding any relationship other than that with an attorney. If JB was present at any conversation, that is covered by confidentiality. If JB was not, and DC's concurrent "contract" kicked in with someone else, it would not. DC's lawyer kept mentioning the two types of contracts DC entered into (with an officer of the court and with private citizen/s) as if they were the same, but IIRC, LDB made special mention that they don't consider anything DC did outside the relationship with JB to have any binding privilege in court, particularly regarding a capital case like this. Please, faefrost, or any one of our attorneys step in and correct me if I've misunderstood.

Does anyone know exactly when Baez told Dominic to do something besides call 911 if he found a body, as he stated in the interview with LE, just before they went off the record because DC was claiming "privilege"? Was Dominic actually under contract with Baez when Baez told him this? If he was, then I'm assuming Dominic would have been under no legal obligation to report finding the body. If he wasn't under contract at that time, it may be a different story. I think this may be a key in trying to understand what is going on and if a "deal" is being worked out with Dominic.

The logic gets confusing within my own head, so bear with me. The fact that Dominic filed the complaint against Baez for this has always bothered me. Why did he even bother filing a complaint -- UNLESS, he had something to hide and was trying to hide behind following Baez' instructions/privilege. IMO that something he was trying to hide was that he actually had found the body, either in November or earlier, and did not report it. It make sense to me because:

(1) According to Hoover, Dominic was very clear that Caylee was dead, he knew where she was, and they were going to get her.
(2) Dominic has been desperately trying to prove he has "privilege" and/or "confidentiality" with someone/anyone that prevents him from revealing what he knows.
(3) If he was not protected under privilege, then not reporting having found the body might be a crime or some sort in this case (obstruction of justice, interfering with an investigation, lying to LE??).

Perhaps the "deal" that LE might be working on with Dominic is that he won't be prosecuted for not reporting having found the body.

Does anyone know exactly when Baez told Dominic to do something besides call 911 if he found a body, as he stated in the interview with LE, just before they went off the record because DC was claiming "privilege"? Was Dominic actually under contract with Baez when Baez told him this? If he was, then I'm assuming Dominic would have been under no legal obligation to report finding the body. If he wasn't under contract at that time, it may be a different story. I think this may be a key in trying to understand what is going on and if a "deal" is being worked out with Dominic.

The logic gets confusing within my own head, so bear with me. The fact that Dominic filed the complaint against Baez for this has always bothered me. Why did he even bother filing a complaint -- UNLESS, he had something to hide and was trying to hide behind following Baez' instructions/privilege. IMO that something he was trying to hide was that he actually had found the body, either in November or earlier, and did not report it. It make sense to me because:

(1) According to Hoover, Dominic was very clear that Caylee was dead, he knew where she was, and they were going to get her.
(2) Dominic has been desperately trying to prove he has "privilege" and/or "confidentiality" with someone/anyone that prevents him from revealing what he knows.
(3) If he was not protected under privilege, then not reporting having found the body might be a crime or some sort in this case (obstruction of justice, interfering with an investigation, lying to LE??).

Perhaps the "deal" that LE might be working on with Dominic is that he won't be prosecuted for not reporting having found the body.

My thoughts exactly steadychick plus I think LE is looking for a slapdown for Baez if they can prove his instructions were to not call 911 when he found the body. Notice I did not say "if".

We may never know if or when this was ever said to Dom by Baez. Reporters asked him and he said that was ridiculous, and denied it categorically. When I heard Dom's interview with LE, he was getting nervous, they were catching him in obvious lies...I am sure he was very nervous. I wouldn't be at all surprised that someone who lied to LE in one area, would lie on a second subject. When I read Dom's e mails he exchanged with Cindy I found him to be someone I did not like, trust or respect. So in this instance we have a very unreliable witness in my opinion. Also, we have never actually seen the complaint to the bar, it is rumored that his complaint was two fold : this issue and non - payment by Baez. Meanwhile he has worked for a year on a contingency deal (and according to George in the ZFG depo. they haven't yet paid him a dime). It makes his righteous indignation a joke, to me. Apparently the bar didn't find his story compelling. It is too bad, the cast of characters, it is hard to know who to believe!!!![ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTNP-5Z0JT0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9AIov6MQ2k[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhnB-Vak0xg[/ame]

What if DC put the pavers in the woods to mark the spot (remains) so he could find them again (or attempt to) if necessary. Is that possible?

So if I understand things correctly, DC has no special privilege in court regarding any relationship other than that with an attorney. If JB was present at any conversation, that is covered by confidentiality. If JB was not, and DC's concurrent "contract" kicked in with someone else, it would not. DC's lawyer kept mentioning the two types of contracts DC entered into (with an officer of the court and with private citizen/s) as if they were the same, but IIRC, LDB made special mention that they don't consider anything DC did outside the relationship with JB to have any binding privilege in court, particularly regarding a capital case like this. Please, faefrost, or any one of our attorneys step in and correct me if I've misunderstood.

Around the three minute mark Brad explains to Dom that when a third party is in the conversation there is no privilege.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gk2OxnxZJs[/ame]

Another thing that makes me believe DC may have found the body was the pink blanket. The video of Dominic in the woods shows him lifting up a small, baby size blanket. And IIRC the discovery photos showed a similar blanket that was found near the remains. This was in addition to the WTP blanket. Could this be the same blanket? If it is, this could prove that Dominic was right next to the body. Is there anyone who knows where these pictures are and can compare them to the blanket in Dominic's video?

section 8:08 he speaks to this [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gk2OxnxZJs[/ame]

HERE THEY STOP THE TAPE WHEN DISCUSSION TURNS TO IF ANYONE TOLD HIM NOT TO CALL 911 ( AROUND THREE MINUTE MARK ) [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a0uIfJEKYk[/ame]

Have we seen anything official that states that DC has been added to the defense witness list (and I missed it somehow?)....

I am only recalling a comment to local media by Baez as he was leaving the courthouse that day that yes, he fully intends to add DC to the witness list...

but do we know for a FACT that this has actually happened?

(methinks Baez is scared of DC....)

I'm just at the beginning of this thread, but I don' think the defense has made their witness list public.

Personally, I think DC is sitting on some crucial information, and if he's truthful that information could be incriminating for Casey. His information may be the "smoking gun" in this case, tying together all the loose ends and be the nail in Casey's coffin.

One thing that I can't forget is Cindy's statement to Yuri Malich in late December when Yuri and other detectives served another search warrant on the Anthonys. Cindy said, "I sent someone there (to the area where the remains were found) in November and nothing was there."

When the above statement was made, the Anthonys weren't alone, the Milsteads and DC were among those present at the Anthony home. I can't help but think that DC has a lot of information - not only about his search of the woods off Suburban and who directed him to that location, but what was going on behind the scenes in the Anthony home. He knew what they were discussing, what they knew, and what their plans were.

DC could shed a lot of light on what the Anthonys knew, when they knew it, what they did to cover up for Casey, and most importantly, the events that led up to his search of the woods off Suburban.............did Casey tell them where she put Caylee's body?

I'm just at the beginning of this thread, but I don' think the defense has made their witness list public.

Personally, I think DC is sitting on some crucial information, and if he's truthful that information could be incriminating for Casey. His information may be the "smoking gun" in this case, tying together all the loose ends and be the nail in Casey's coffin.

One thing that I can't forget is Cindy's statement to Yuri Malich in late December when Yuri and other detectives served another search warrant on the Anthonys. Cindy said, "I sent someone there (to the area where the remains were found) in November and nothing was there."

When the above statement was made, the Anthonys weren't alone, the Milsteads and DC were among those present at the Anthony home. I can't help but think that DC has a lot of information - not only about his search of the woods off Suburban and who directed him to that location, but what was going on behind the scenes in the Anthony home. He knew what they were discussing, what they knew, and what their plans were.

DC could shed a lot of light on what the Anthonys knew, when they knew it, what they did to cover up for Casey, and most importantly, the events that led up to his search of the woods off Suburban.............did Casey tell them where she put Caylee's body?

In a subsequent interview, or perhaps his deposition, LA revealed his surprise and anger when his mother told him that she had sent DC out there. To me it appeared he was angry because his mother had gone against the family insistence that everyone should only look for a "live" Caylee. I'll see if I can find this. I think it shows that the family was indeed saying one thing but doing and thinking another.

This is a good point. I don't do criminal defense work except for some pro bono appellate stuff, so I was surprised to learn that it is considered "ethical" for a criminal defense attorney to find the body and not report it to LE--so long as he doesn't mess with the evidence in any way. (Which, uh, JB and anyone working for him would never do, right?)

So if Dom C found the body and agreed not to call 911 while he was working on the "defense team" through a contract with JB, maybe that would be OK. But if he found the body and agreed not to call 911 while working for the Anthony family, maybe that wouldn't be OK....

I guess I assumed from the little bit we heard in his interview that he was asked not to call 911 and REFUSED but he didn't actually say the REFUSED part, did he?

We have a lot to speculate on why he might consider a deal. JB was pretty rabid about getting a "special master" even when LE was interviewing him.

If the rumor DC was told by JB not to call LE if he found her, that is one thing. But I imagine proving who he was on the phone with while Hoover was videotaping him would be interesting.

Also, if he were the original leak about Caylee's location - that would be in late July/early August of 2008 (say, he started the "daisy chain" grapevine that led to RK looking because he received a tip from someone).

If DC knew JB knew where Caylee was and the defense said nothing - how cruel to CA and GA would that have been? Even if they wanted to save KC, I can't imagine them allowing their baby granddaughter's remains to be ripped apart by wildlife and the elements just so KC wasn't inconvenienced by a murder indictment (which happened anyway).

This man has stalled every which way but loose. I can't think it would be anything but that he knows something that would blow apart the defense and it's something he violated privilege or work product confidentiality to act upon.[/QUOTE]

BBM - Just re-reading this thread and it seems to me, you may have hit the nail on the head cecybeans!

from DC's website, here's a snippy from his "confidentiality statement". http://dgator.com/confidentiality.aspx

We do not disclose the identity of our Clients or communicate the details of any Case. Federal and State Law extend the privilege of confidentiality to Investigators and their Clients. Your privacy will be fully protected at all times

LOL. I beg to differ.

According to Judge Jeannine P. , opining here on JVM....it is highly likely. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYweJpl7lwo[/ame]

wow!

from DC's website, here's a snippy from his "confidentiality statement". http://dgator.com/confidentiality.aspx

We do not disclose the identity of our Clients or communicate the details of any Case. Federal and State Law extend the privilege of confidentiality to Investigators and their Clients. Your privacy will be fully protected at all times

LOL. I beg to differ.

Unless, of course, it involves a crime. Then, all bets are off.

I am not in disagreement with you, because of one thing in particular-The break in the recorded session of LE's interview with DC.

He may have told them something very important there, something that he has been avoiding since. Maybe something that would make him look like a turncoat to the A's and JB...but at the same time, having spoken this something to LE, they were able to make him feel comforted in the notion that they (LE) would look out for DC in the end. He felt relieved in their presence to tell them this story off the record.

He could have told them nothing and asked for an attorney during that break, but I don't think so....BC was there and seemed to want this information himself, and DC was poised to tell them the whole story, but was dragging his feet-LE asked if he would prefer it off the record, IIRC, and so they turned off the recorder.

So I am thinking he shared something that day, and like GA and his statements, it actually allies him with LE and the SA at the end of the day.

Bingo! I was thinking about that earlier today. I believe he asked for a break or LE asked if he wanted a break right after he was asked if someone had instructed him not to call LE if he found a deceased Caylee.

One thing I know is that Baez is no smooth Louie in court when he's speaking - he uummms and ahhh's and Judges us until I'm ready to pull my hair out.

BUT, at the check fraud trial/sentencing, didn't you think he was wwwaaaayyy more nervous and bumbling than usual?

I'm wondering if he heard something about "all this" with DC "blowing in the wind" and maybe has an inkling of what's coming down. Lyons didn't look like she had any idea, but that doesn't mean someone hasn't whispered in Baez's ear.

According to Judge Jeannine P. , opining here on JVM....it is highly likely. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYweJpl7lwo

wow!

I encourage anyone who hasn't seen this clip to at least watch and listen to Judge Jeannine Pirro, beginning at the 5:09 mark. She knows her stuff and she makes it clear there is no privilege and no confidentiality. I don't give a flying flip what 'confidentiality statement' DC posts on his website.

I encourage anyone who hasn't seen this clip to at least watch and listen to Judge Jeannine Pirro, beginning at the 5:09 mark. She knows her stuff and she makes it clear there is no privilege and no confidentiality. I don't give a flying flip what 'confidentiality statement' DC posts on his website.

Oh, it just makes him feel impotent....oooppps, I mean important. Sorry

One thing I know is that Baez is no smooth Louie in court when he's speaking - he uummms and ahhh's and Judges us until I'm ready to pull my hair out.

BUT, at the check fraud trial/sentencing, didn't you think he was wwwaaaayyy more nervous and bumbling than usual?

I'm wondering if he heard something about "all this" with DC "blowing in the wind" and maybe has an inkling of what's coming down. Lyons didn't look like she had any idea, but that doesn't mean someone hasn't whispered in Baez's ear.

well...yeah, i guess. in fact, that very thing crossed my mind last night. all kidding aside, he always seems bumbling, nervous and ill-prepared to me, but yes he did seem different at that hearing. add to that CA's "i love you" and GA looking like he may not even make it through the hearing. you could be on the right track. i guess i can't make that leap because that is the first time i have ever seen any of them witness Casey take any responsibility for ANYTHING, so maybe that had them all out of sorts.

Bingo! I was thinking about that earlier today. I believe he asked for a break or LE asked if he wanted a break right after he was asked if someone had instructed him not to call LE if he found a deceased Caylee.

I am rethinking my original theory on this... When they come back from the break in tape, starting from bottom of page 74 of the pdf through line 19 of page 75:

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0219/18750716.pdf

I am starting to wonder if maybe DC did not tell them anything that day, if maybe he backed out during that break and clung to the JB/Anthony's privilege. BC may have helped him articulate this. Also, right after this interview, DC starts hollering about priviledge here and there, and is so sure of himself that he fights John Morgan on it when he takes the stand in the ZFG lawsuit.

If BC did hear DC spill the beans that day, he would have run right back to the A's with it. If it implicated the A's, they would be in defenseive mode, so we should look for signs of defensiveness or laying low around this time period-If it implicated JB and the A's found out that JB was hiding Caylee from them, we might look for signs of the A's being bitter at JB-If for no other reason than the fact that JB took control of the situation, something CA cannot stand.

ITA! He seemed very different from his other court appearances. Not quite as sure of himself, and a bit out of sorts. Like he didn't really want to be there. Hmmmm! :waitasec: This is soooo different from the smiling, camera loving JB we have seen in the past year and a half. Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member