Is the state's case effective so far?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have said this before...the SA is not stupid...they have spent hours and hours on this...and the best thing they can do is not get sucked into the vortex of the DT!!!

The state must keep to their game plan...it is well thought out...supported...they are laying ground work.

Have you ever watched a large skyscraper go up...they must go down first and it appears like nothing is being accomplished...then...it seems the building goes up over night.

Facts, evidence. The state needs it. If it is beyond a reasonable doubt, they are gold.

I dont feel the state is getting the witness to expand enough on the events which makes it look as if they only want them to say certain things and not the whole story.

I know the jury has to think this to , as I watch I think of things I would want to know about what they said and the state seems to be sticking to a script.

The state needs to help lay a soild witness block and not leave things out of the witness testimony (like Caylee not being welcome ) because he liked Caylee and Casey was a good mother and they all went and played in the pool, AND she was welcome there.

To come back later and say he didnt want her there because he was partying will damage his witness image. of course the state will say no place for a child and the defence will then turn toni into a oversexed party boy who worried about no one but hisself and thats why Casey hung out there , it was just like being at home used for sex and arround self absorbed liars.

They should have avoided that. IMO ..This case is making me nuts.

Also the shovel and the car etc. No one asked the neighbor if Casey had ever borrowed anything before , even though it could be relavent to both parties. Yes good for defence and no good for state.

Baez needs to pull himself together if he wants to win. And I do think he has a good chance of reasonable doubt. But not the way he is rolling. He needs to stop looking at notes , read pages ahead and use sticky tabs for exact dates and hours and items.

With all due respect, adjust their case because of Baez's lies and fantasy in his opening statement?That would not be a good thing to do. They state needs to prove their case, so they are sticking with what they laid out in the opening statement for the jury. There is no need to adjust the case because Baez's horsepucky opening statements. It's Baez that is lost and bumbling along, asking stupid questions and making himself look like an idiot. He hasn't even established his opening "story" as fact yet. Not ONE iota of what he said is a fact in evidence! Why should the state adjust on lies and stories? They shouldn't.

To adjust to Baez is to give him power. All the state needs to do is prove their case to the letter, which is what they are doing, not react and adjust to the defense. For the state to go along with what the state laid out is to take that power away from Baez, which is needed. The state is methodically laying out their case against Casey. They don't need to grandstand or be flamboyant like Baez. I think they're doing a great job of just sticking with the facts. The jury definitely was happier with the state today than they were Baez.

I do wish we could see more of LDB and Ashton in action, though. But I do think FG is doing a good job. The reality is that this case will be more boring and dry because the prosecution is doing it's everyday job, which is not like television or the movies. It doesn't mean that Casey won't get convicted, though.

:goodpost::goodpost:

BBM: Exactly ... I totally agree !!

Ill keep my feelings on this short and simple..

Recall the story of the Tortoise and the Hare?

that old rabbit was running mighty fast in the race...got ahead in the race to, then took him self a little break, thinking no worries, ill win the race..

the tortoise was moving slow...but he was very methodical(sp?)

in the end, the tortoise won the race..

the sa is the tortoise ..

the defense is the Hare..

I have faith in the sa,,jmho

I'm sitting here not worried a bit... but when I read that others are worried, it makes me worried that I SHOULD be worried. LOL

I think the state is on sure footing here by simply sticking to the original plan. They had to introduce GA right out of the box, which I'm sure was a deviation for them, but I think that was wise. Don't let the prosecution's opening statement rest in the jury's mind without a strong rebuttal, but don't linger on their nonsense one minute more than you have to. The state needs to stay focused here, and I think they have done that.

I have said this before...the SA is not stupid...they have spent hours and hours on this...and the best thing they can do is not get sucked into the vortex of the DT!!!

The state must keep to their game plan...it is well thought out...supported...they are laying ground work.

Have you ever watched a large skyscraper go up...they must go down first and it appears like nothing is being accomplished...then...it seems the building goes up over night.

BBM: Exactly ... the SA does NOT want to "stoop" to JB and the DT's low levels ...

MOO MOO MOO

Just wait til they start introducing evidence...the jury has been instructed to determine the guilt or innocence of ICA based solely on evidence presented during the trial....and boy does the SA have some evidence!:rocker:

ETA: Testimony too and there is plenty of that yet to come as well....SA is gonna do great.

thank you! I really needed to be reminded of that! YIPPIE!

Ill keep my feelings on this short and simple..

Recall the story of the Tortoise and the Hare?

that old rabbit was running mighty fast in the race...got ahead in the race to, then took him self a little break, thinking no worries, ill win the race..

the tortoise was moving slow...but he was very methodical(sp?)

in the end, the tortoise won the race..

the sa is the tortoise ..

the defense is the Hare..

I have faith in the sa,,jmho

The defense cut to the chase without telling the story of what led to said chase. The prosecution is telling the entire story, filling in the details from start to finish. While it might seem like they're slowly plodding along, there is definite purpose in their slow pace to the finish line. jmo

I am very concerned about the States case. They seem to be plodding along very slow and are very boring. They need to pick it up and make it more interesting. They are also making a big mistake by ignoring Baez' contention that Caylee was already dead. They need to somehow address this throughout the trial. Ignoring the defense's position and pretending it doesn't exist is a mistake. There may be 1 or 2 jurors or more that believe his contention. And if Caylee was dead and they admitte there was no zanny then all that they are trying to prove is moot. They need to adjust their case.

I'm concerned about their questioning of Tony Lazzaro. I feel they left out a lot of questions they should be questioning him about. One area of questioning I feel the state failed to address is the cell phone calls and texting between Tony and KC during the evening of June 15th into the wee hours of June 16th and throughout the day on the 16th

That would have been a good time to introduce the cell phone pings between KC and TL for the whole 24 hours of June 15 and 16.

The defense cut to the chase without telling the story of what led to said chase. The prosecution is telling the entire story, filling in the details from start to finish. While it might seem like they're slowly plodding along, there is definite purpose in their slow pace to the finish line. jmo

Exactly. And it's important to lay the whole story out to the jury in a way that makes sense. It's like writing a book...you find a begining, you lay the foundation, you build to the climax.

I am not worried a bit and I am glad the state is staying course. They are going to lay it all out and show that KCs pattern all her life is to continue her lies until she is backed into a corner, when she comes up with bigger lies. They will present her as a liar par excellence and then when she is on the stand she will be decimated. She thinks she is much smarter than she is. The state will end by saying she realized, like at Universal she was at the end of the hallway when the trial started and she came up with a NEW, bigger lie. Why should she be believed now? And I looooove ImaWitch's tortoise and the hare analogy!

NO!! I believe GA is now in Hot Water. By the look on CA face in the court sitting beside her husband she is starting to have her doubts that molestion happened.
GA in my opinion cant be trusted either. He had a gambling habit along with saying he was going to work just to go cheat on his wife while another woman paid him to miss work to spend days with her. What a real snake in the grass.

If the shoe fits, look at CA and how she treats George. I will not excuse his behavior, but I can understand the need to have someone have a little bit of compassion for him.
I trust him, he chose Caylee first on the stand.

They are going month by month... timeframe by timeframe. They are laying the foundation. None of these people knew Caylee was missing and they are saying good things about Casey because to them, she was a good person at the time. We haven't even gotten to July yet. Wait until we get to Caylee finally being reported missing. That is when this all really started. This is where Melich, Allen, Edwards come in. This is where the 911 calls, the jail visits, the phone calls come in.

Notice how they never asked Tony about July 15th?? And how they asked his other roomates about July 15th because they really have nothing else to add so they dismissed them? Same with the shot girls? Tony will be called back to talk about when Caylee was finally reported missing. He will talk about helping LE and even the text messages and the phone conversation he had with Casey on July 16th.

When Amy takes the stand... she is going to be saying a lot of nice things about Casey... because at the time, she thought Casey was a nice person. All that changes once we get to July.

They are simply laying the foundation that Casey seemed like the All American girl... that just so happened to have the smell of a dead body in her damn car.

Be patient. I think the State is doing a great job.

I think the state is laying out their case very methodically.
Only negative I have is today Mr. George put me to sleep briefly. His voice inflections really have a lull about them.zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If the shoe fits, look at CA and how she treats George. I will not excuse his behavior, but I can understand the need to have someone have a little bit of compassion for him.
I trust him, he chose Caylee first on the stand.

He picked his wife, it isnt her fault he doesnt want to sleep with her. Plus that is impling like GA is perfect and needed compassion more so then Cindy.

Job hoping gambling, affairs .

He is LuKy Cindy is his wife and not me.

So where does Cindy go for compassion?

She didnt have time to fake a job and work the real one too, unllike the rest of her house mates. She should of moved in with Amy. And left Casey and george to their own devices and deceptions.

I think watching something being built brick by brick gives us a lot of time to second guess things, but I think when the State gets done we are going to have a "dream home". Today was a little flat, and the defense did get in a few "she was a good mom" 's and it was apparent that the "shot girls" thought she was their boss, whether the boys thought so or not. It'll all balance out.

I am very concerned about the States case. They seem to be plodding along very slow and are very boring. They need to pick it up and make it more interesting. They are also making a big mistake by ignoring Baez' contention that Caylee was already dead. They need to somehow address this throughout the trial. Ignoring the defense's position and pretending it doesn't exist is a mistake. There may be 1 or 2 jurors or more that believe his contention. And if Caylee was dead and they admitte there was no zanny then all that they are trying to prove is moot. They need to adjust their case.
The prosecution in the Scott Petersen case was criticized for the same thing especially by the media and that turned out fine. They are doing what they need to do. The facts may not always be exciting, but when it's finished it will paint a clear picture. They need to stick to their case.

I am not worried a bit and I am glad the state is staying course. They are going to lay it all out and show that KCs pattern all her life is to continue her lies until she is backed into a corner, when she comes up with bigger lies. They will present her as a liar par excellence and then when she is on the stand she will be decimated. She thinks she is much smarter than she is. The state will end by saying she realized, like at Universal she was at the end of the hallway when the trial started and she came up with a NEW, bigger lie. Why should she be believed now? And I looooove ImaWitch's tortoise and the hare analogy!

At the end of this, their closing statement will be "what does ICA do when she paints herself into a corner, she tells another lie, and another lie, and another lie."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back