Is there any possibility of a Plea Deal on the Murder Charges?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think this case will end in a plea agreement?

• Yes

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • no

Votes: 100 55.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. I hope she gets the DP
2. I don't give a flying Rat's behind that she is scared, Should have though that one through before ending Caylee's life. (please do not take this as being directed at you)

I'm sure Caylee was scared when her "mother" placed tape over her nose & mouth. I'm sure she was confused as all heck and crying as well.

This ***** deserves nothing less than the DP.

3. Casey still is a human being but that does NOT excuse what she did.

I will be :woohoo: if Casey does receive the DP.

agreed she may be human in definition but a monster in nature

I feel compelled to post my thoughts, on how selfish ICA is, to expect total strangers to give up 6 to 8 weeks of thier lives away from family and work.
all because she wants to "take it as far as she has to" to prove her innocence, when all she has to do is open her mouth and tell the truth.
if it were an accident, say so......but when I hear the potential jurors talk of hardships and some even rise to the call for duty. but you know it is burden on these people. IMO - ICA is insanely selfish.:twocents:

I really can't believe she's pushing it this far.

Snipped

Is that really correct though?

If she is guilty of FDM and she does that she is looking at the DP or LWOP depending upon how she reveals it the the State. I doubt this would be an acceptable outcome for ICA.

Frankly, if I was in her position I would feel the same. I appreciate those that say if they murdered their child (something - I might add - that she has not yet been found guilty of) that they would count themselves lucky with LWOP. I doubt I would though and am unsure that it is something you could properly predict without actually being in that situation. Also, "sociopaths" and/or people who do murder their kids for reasons other than due to temporary mental weakness after birth (post-partum depression, etc) may have a totally different outlook than "normal" people.

On the other hand, if she is guilty of killing Caylee by way of neglect or if it was an accident the consensus here is that the prosecution won't accept a plea on that basis. So it seems unlikely that "telling the truth" would be much assistance to her in this scenario.

In short, whatever is the "truth" I am unsure if it is in ICA's interests to tell it prior to a plea deal. As I understand it rarely does one any good to speak to the police/state at all in the USA.

Now, if the state have offered something like 2nd Degree Murder with a stipulation of no life or aggravated manslaughter or something that would give her a reasonable and realistic prospect of release I could certainly see why she should accept such a plea.

Well OJ wasn't found guilty either, but I think most of us know the truth about that one. I think part of the frustration here is the game-playing and nonsense we have to watch when it's obvious she killed Caylee (why not explain what really happened instead of lying? Why make an accident look like a murder if it was an accident.

And sociopaths' outlook due to their disorder does not excuse their behavior or entitle them to live outside the norms and legal expectations of society. The thing is, we don't look at it from a "what is best for casey standpoint" but "what is the right thing". When you look at the mountain of human misery she has left in her wake, from the destruction and humiliation of her family, to the near bankrupting of TES, the selling of Caylee photos, and of course Caylee's death - she needs to do the right thing for once in her life. Won't happen though imo.

I hope HJP throws the book at her and gives her death. :great::woohoo:

It was a small private plane. Could not have take more than 30 minutes to get there. They already had a reporter out front of the courthouse but I guess Kathi needed to be in whichever court house it was and need to be there ASAP.

Would just like to note that I believe the station Kathi works for has their own copter for quick transportation around the State.

I'm sorry mods for starting this thread. I see now there is a thread already :loser:

I wonder if ICA will change her mind about a plea deal once she realizes that Dr. Vass and Hairbanding will still be coming in. Seems like Mr. Baez just keeps hammering and hammering trying to get his way with these issues. He must be pretty scared of these. Think perhaps he's of the opinion that the State can't prove Caylee was in the trunk without these 2 pieces of evidence.
He's really acting delusional about the way he thinks this will end up going. If he had an AHA truth be known SODDI, my client walks free moment, for the princess to prove her innocence......all this heckling about every piece of evidence wouldn't need to go on. Baez is shadow boxing... what he is going to go with must be pretty weak. Although it must be hard for him to let go of
what has been his golden goose for a few years now, he really needs to do the right thing by his client and have her plead to crime, tell the truth and serve her punishment. But I don't think he is thinking of his client! If Casey doesn't want to risk the death penalty she needs to take the plea and be thankful she can save herself........JMO

Independent? It's probably the first time she's had structure. imo

Yeah!.....LOL Her idea of independence is having her own pad (cell), writing paper, TV, commissary items, soap, shampoo, meals (including snacks), clean clothes and all on someone else's dime. Some independence. Sheesh!

Does anyone think the state will release after the trial what plea was offered? I would love to know what she turned down.

Independance? Yeah, from CA is about the only independance she will get...sheesh was CA really that bad? Im serious..this is nuts.

Quick question - can Casey still plea bargain now that the trial is underway and if so, what is the likelihood that she would get a favorable sentence ?

Doesn't the prosecution have to agree to the plea?? I don't see them agreeing to anything less than murder 1. They might let her do LWOP but nothing less than that.

Just listening to one of the HLN shows tonight, someone was saying that the defendant can plea bargain up until the time the jury delivers a verdict. I forget who said it, but it sounds plausible.

Of course, no matter what, the prosecutor has to agree to the plea bargain. Personally I don't think the prosecution will, at least based on how things have been so far.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253
Back