DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

MassGuy

The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed
Reaction score
GazaCNN —
Multiple militants from Gaza have entered Israeli territory, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said Saturday, shortly after a barrage of rockets left one person dead and at least three injured.

Palestinian militant group Hamas claimed responsibility for the rocket attack.

Hamas military commander Muhammad Al-Deif released a recorded message, announcing operation “Al-Aqsa Storm” and saying the Palestinian militant group “targeted the enemy positions, airports and military positions with 5,000 rockets.”

The IDF has warned Israelis who live near Gaza to stay in their homes.

The rockets, which were witnessed by a CNN producer in Gaza, prompted sirens as far north as the Tel Aviv area, east to Beer Sheva, and many other locations in between.

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Israeli parents urged to remove social media from kids' phones as Hamas threatens hostage executions
Israeli parents urged to remove social media from kids' phones as Hamas threatens hostage executions

Tue, October 10th 2023, 9:31 AM EDT

Keep your eyes open for disinformation. There are some videos "of the Israeli war" circulating on social media that journalists have discovered to be screensots from the computer game "Arma 3". https://www.npr.org/2023/10/10/1204...e-flooding-social-media-about-israel-and-gaza

I hope there will be no deepfakes or similar... world's scary.
I saw that or a similar one. It was pretty obvious to me it was computer game but was astounded by the number of people who believed it.

I don't understand why/how our government can't confirm that there are any American hostages.

ETA - Maybe it's that they have intelligence that confirms their deaths. ?

Last edited:
Heard from TV News that Hezbollah was attacking Northern Israel. Atrocities!
Some families of suspected missing family members are talking to News stations, and one father talked about his son, serving in the Israeli Military at the border, and losing contact, after having spoken to him. Apparently, neither Israel or USA are contacting Any families thus far-according to interviews I have seen. This is so tragic, and I feel so sad for all the innocent victims in this 'War'.

The raw video of this needs to be on mainstream news-

When you try and understand why Israel isn't willing to negotiate any peace that does not involve complete disarmament of the resulting nation state, this is why. The goal of these organizations is not to find a peaceful way to equitably co-exist.

I don't understand why/how our government can't confirm that there are any American hostages.

ETA - Maybe it's that they have intelligence that confirms their deaths. ?
Well I think it's all hogwash. They have American hostages and hopefully some American military special forces groups are on it. I don't think they need to necessarily announce to the American public what is going on, but those families that have said we have heard nothing for 3 days from the Americans or the Israelis.. that is unacceptable. We can for sure confirm one hostage because one of them is an American Israeli soldier that was stationed near the border and his family says the military just told them he's missing in action. Well if he isn't there, isn't among the dead, then I'd say the conclusion is he's been taken hostage. The video proof for many of these abductions should be easy to decipher.. they have Americans hostage. Why can't anyone just say that? I don't know.. it's frustrating.

These types of situations really get me fired up about politics. I think both sides have issues and when something this tragic and barbaric happens, it should be immediately condemned.. strong language used.. I don't care who it offends or upsets. Never EVER should terrorism be seen as "let's wait and see" or "well the victims did do this.. so".. no no NO. If we are silent on this, it's going to be us next.

We need to let Israelis in the United States know that we won't tolerate the hate.. we stand with them.. we need to let the Muslims in the United States know we know Hamas does not speak for them and we need to let Palestinians in the United States know we stand with them against this terrorist group that has committed these acts of terrorism in the name of "helping" them.

10 Oct 2023
'A salvo of rockets has been fired from southern Lebanon towards Israel in the third consecutive day of violence along the Lebanese-Israeli border.
A security source told Reuters news agency on Tuesday the bombardment was carried out by Palestinian factions. A second source said shelling was hitting the southern area from which the rockets were launched.
The Israeli military said it was responding with artillery fire to the rocket launches from Lebanon.''

''Oct. 10, 2023, 10:51 AM EDT rbbm
By Richard Engel, Marc Smith and Alexander Smith
Warning: This article contains graphic images.
KFAR AZA, Israel — The bodies of Hamas fighters lay on the streets of this kibbutz close to the border with Gaza on Tuesday, as Israeli soldiers went door-to-door to secure it days after it was overrun.

The bodies were among the 1,500 dead militants Israel says it found inside its border after Hamas' surprise raid from Gaza.
Among the grim, extraordinary numbers that tell the story of the militants' attack on Israel, that one, in particular, has dumbfounded experts. It raises the question of how large Hamas' total fighting force is — and what a bloody, close-quarters ground offensive on the Gaza Strip might look like if Israel launches one in the coming days.
“I don’t think there’s a way to overstate how extraordinarily difficult it will be,” Tobias Borck, a Middle East expert at the Royal United Services Institute, a London think tank, told NBC News. “It’s not going to just be street-by-street, but house-by-house and tunnel-by-tunnel."

These hostages "have likely already been dispersed throughout the Gaza Strip,” which “is riven with tunnels, bunkers, and other concealed places that will make locating, much less rescuing, the hostages difficult,
” Bruce Hoffman, a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, wrote in a briefing.

These places and perhaps even the hostages themselves will likely be laden with traps," he said. "This is a challenge of a magnitude that has never been faced before.”

''Israel's army is well-known for being high-tech, and its Merkava tanks could take up positions in the fields near the Gaza-Israel border. But they would become extremely vulnerable to ambush once inside the enclave's densely packed streets, analysts agree.

Even then, defeating Hamas may not be the end of the conflict.

Hoffman said a full-scale ground offensive could spark the involvement of the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah — or even Iran, which backs both Hezbollah and Hamas.''

Oct. 10, 2023 at 11:31 a.m. EDT

''Israel intensified airstrikes on Gaza as it prepared a ground operation in response to the biggest attack by Palestinian militants on the country in decades.
Here's what to know:
The latest: Israeli airstrikes on Tuesday reduced parts of Gaza to rubble as the military massed troops on the border in response to the incursion by Hamas. A day earlier, the Israeli military said it had retaken control of towns in Israel's south from the militant group and would impose a full siege of the Palestinian enclave.
What happened: Early Saturday, Hamas began an audacious assault on Israel firing thousands of rockets as fighters poured across the border from Gaza. In response, Israel declared war on Hamas and began retaliatory strikes on Gaza, the territory it rules.
Casualties: Some 900 Israelis have died since the assault began, according to Israeli authorities. The U.S. said that at least 11 of its citizens had died. According to Gaza authorities, more than 700 have been killed there. Israel said the bodies of around 1,500 Hamas fighters had been found inside Israel.''

Hostages: Hamas said it abducted dozens of people, placing them inside Gaza to impede Israeli operations. Hamas has threatened to execute Israeli hostages if Israel continues to bombard civilian homes in Gaza without warning.
Iran: Iranian security officials helped plan the attack, senior members of Hamas and Hezbollah said. The Pentagon warned Iran and Hezbollah, an Iran-backed militia in Lebanon, against joining the fighting.
U.S. President Biden will address the crisis in remarks at 1 p.m. E.T.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member