Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me why Israel is planning to attack (destroy?) areas where there will be no people including Hamas?
Attack people's homes, schools, hospitals, shops, jobs, so I guess there will be no homes to return to?
How is that helping eradicate the evil ones?

Can someone explain to me why Israel is planning to attack (destroy?) areas where there will be no people including Hamas?
Attack people's homes, schools, hospitals, shops, jobs, so I guess there will be no homes to return to?
they are planning (supposedly) to take out the underground tunnels, fortifications, supplies, guns, mortor shells which are supposedly stock piled there and occupy the area

Destroying infrastructure, would be my guess. That is a typical war tactic. Plus, where would Hamas be in Gaza....everywhere/anywhere?

jmo

A long time ago while talking about self defense with an Israeli soldier, (I swear lol), I was told that one effective method/weapon IDF is famous for/knows how to use and implement is the weapon of “light”. I learned that at night, if a predator approaches, a very bright flash of light right up in the face of the attacker can be quite effective. Ever since then I have always carried a big camping flash light thing and have practiced the maneuver.

Not that this answers the great question of whether they will choose to invade in the darkness or light lol. They would presumably have night goggles, etc. of course, but I would think the ground invasion would occur in both the hours of darkness and light, as who knows how long this ground invasion will last.

Just wanted to share about IDF and their known use of “light” as a weapon. I’m curious now what kind of documentation exists about this specifically, if any.

Starting @ 1:00

1697372349653.png
''. Its fan cooled light head produces near 10000 lumen of a spot light beam reaching a tactical visual range of 800m

It is offered also in white light to invisible IR version

In strobe light mode it will act as a non lethal weapon and can be used in road blocks to stop coming traffic,

Rigid structure, IP67 and a long run time at full power , makes the Destroyer a favorite among border patrol and elite forces world wide.'

Starting @ 1:00

View attachment 453524
''. Its fan cooled light head produces near 10000 lumen of a spot light beam reaching a tactical visual range of 800m

It is offered also in white light to invisible IR version

In strobe light mode it will act as a non lethal weapon and can be used in road blocks to stop coming traffic,

Rigid structure, IP67 and a long run time at full power , makes the Destroyer a favorite among border patrol and elite forces world wide.'
The high-tech equipment is impressive but still not enough. Last week's attack on Israel was by terrorists on motorcycles and 9/11's weapons were boxcutters and tickets to board commercial airplanes.

Overwhelming. imo

jmo

"Israel is preparing to invade Gaza by land and take control of the Hamas-controlled enclave. Mobilization has been announced and reservists from all over the world are returning to the country.

A government of national unity was formed, including one of the opposition leaders.
However, it is difficult to find a figure in Israel who would be less associated with 'national unity' than its leader, Benjamin Netanyahu.

In 2019, to block the power of Netanyahu, who had just been charged with three corruption charges, a large coalition was formed, stretching from the right - until recently cooperating with the accused prime minister - to the left and Arab parties.
Israel's Arab citizens, who make up about one-fifth of the population, are of course represented in parliament. However, the coalition did not last long and new elections were necessary.

- The Netanyahu decade -

Netanyahu seemed to be too isolated on the political scene to return to power. However, the Likud leader helped the two wings of the extreme right - the religious and the nationalist - to communicate with each other and then formed a coalition with them.

The new government immediately targeted an independent judiciary.
Israel does not have a written constitution and a separate constitutional court, but this role is performed by the Supreme Court.
In January, Knesset began work on a bill that would allow parliament to reject court rulings that found laws contrary to Israel's fundamental rights.

Massive protests swept the country.
In March, Netanyahu announced a 'pause' in work on the reform in order to 'dialogue with the opposition'.

This decision, however, sparked a revolt by his radical right-wing coalition partners.
The issue of 'reform' returned to the legislative agenda;
in June, Knesset adopted a milder version of the law, which, however, still limited the rights of the Supreme Court to judicial review of statutory law.

The new round of work on the bill triggered a new wave of protests.
They lasted in Israel basically throughout this year.
They were not only about the rights of the Supreme Court, but also about the country's identity and the direction in which Netanyahu was pushing it.

The Supreme Court has often upheld secular and democratic values and opposed the push of the 'right' and religious groups.

Opposition to the bill brought the middle class, secular, wealthier, more Western Israel to the streets - although Arab citizens also showed up at the protests - terrified that Netanyahu was blowing up the dam protecting the state from takeover by extreme groups.

Religious Jews, settler communities in Palestinian areas, nationalists, part of the popular class - all those who perceived the Supreme Court as an oligarchic institution that, in the name of the elites and their worldview, limited the democratic will of Israelis, gathered around the government and its reforms.

The controversy over judicial 'reforms' has strengthened and sharpened the divisions present in Israeli society, deepening the distrust and resentment between the various groups.

Today,
in a war situation, this society must quickly put itself back together under the rule of a deeply divisive prime minister. Who some also blame for the Hamas attack.
Increasingly, there are voices that the dramatic explosion in Gaza would not have occurred if it were not for Netanyahu's policy of antagonizing the Palestinians, disregarding their demands, and refusing to negotiate with the Palestinian leadership.

It is difficult to imagine that even war success would be able to save Netanyahu from the end of his political career today. Although the Israeli prime minister managed to win many times in the past, despite all odds and forecasts.

- Netanyahu's three revolutions -

Netanyahu has led three revolutions in Israeli politics. The first was economic in nature.
It is at a time when "Bibi" was Minister of Finance in Ariel Sharon's government that a fundamental change was taking place in Israel's economic doctrine - the turn of the once strongly social democratic state towards neoliberalism.

According to the prime minister's supporters, his economic policy has brought the country extraordinary economic development and turned Israel into one of the most innovative economies in the world, a country of start-ups.
Critics, in turn, blame these policies for growing inequality, rising costs of living, and underfunding of public services and infrastructure.

Bibi's second revolution is related to the understanding of Israel as a democratic Jewish state.
With one in five Israeli citizens not Jewish, the state has had to grapple with the tension between the democratic and Jewish components of its identity throughout its history. Netanyahu has definitely turned the switch towards the latter.

This is best symbolized by the law adopted in 2018 defining Israel as the Jewish nation state.
It states, among other things, that the right to self-determination in Israel belongs only to the Jewish population, recognizes Hebrew as the only official language, grants Arabic a "special status", and finally designates Jerusalem as the
capital of Israel - although the eastern part of the city is Palestinian territory occupied by Israel.
The bill effectively relegates Israel's Arab population to the status of second-class citizens.
Even if only on a symbolic level, it is a symbol that has a deep political meaning.

Finally,
the third revolution concerns policy towards Palestine and its Arab neighbors.
The greatest influence on Netanyahu's political thought was the revisionist Zionism of Ze'ev Jabotinsky.
It was based on two pillars:
firstly, the maximalism of territorial demands, the belief that Israel should also include territories in the West Bank;
secondly, on the doctrine of 'peace through strength'.

He supported aggressive Jewish settlements in the occupied territories in order to reduce the area of a possible future Palestinian state using the fait accompli method - or, preferably, to divide the Palestinian territory in such a way that no territorially coherent statehood could be created there.
He tolerated Hamas's rule in Gaza in order to divide the Palestinians of Gaza and the West Bank, which is controlled by Fatah, which is at odds with Hamas, in order to prevent the creation of a force representing all Palestinians.

This policy was one of the reasons why relations between Israel and Washington significantly deteriorated at the end of Barack Obama's second term.

Fortunately for Netanyahu, Obama was replaced in the White House by Trump.
The new president fully supported Netanyahu's policy towards Palestine.
He helped Netanyahu's government negotiate the "Abraham Accords," allowing Israel to normalize diplomatic relations with the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain.
These countries were soon joined by other Islamic countries: Morocco and Sudan.

Israel thus cut off the Palestinian struggle from international support.
The countries signing the agreements were attracted not only by US support, but also by a package of military contracts with Israeli companies.

If not for the Hamas attack, the culmination of this policy would be an agreement with the most important regional Arab power - Saudi Arabia.

Recognition of Israel by the Saudis, the state that controls Islam's holiest sites, would weaken the religious dimension of the fight by groups such as Hamas against Israel."

From my country's MSM

This from 2016. I worked for company at the time that had this equipment under lock and key. Not sure what ever happened to it.

The money settles a dispute over a $400 million payment made in the 1970s by the U.S.-backed shah’s government for military equipment. The equipment was never delivered because of the 1979 Islamic Revolution that overthrew the shah and ended diplomatic relations between the U.S. and Iran.

ADMIN NOTE:

FYI, WS member Vern has approval to link to the X account of South First Responders.

SB :)
Thank you Sillybilly.

South First Responders
South First Responders is a Channel for footage uploaded by first responders in the Gaza envelope that are arriving first to areas clear from Hamas. This is footage that they are taking and finding during their collections of victims and terrorists. Their work remains ongoing. They have collected/are collecting from security cameras, cell phones, and from body cams worn by terrorists (and their cell phones etc).

They also publish their posts in Arabic, Hebrew and French (which I will provide links to in thispost for those interested). This is the site that first published the captured documents, Hamas pay sheets, Hamas holding & feeding children, etc that eventually made their way to twitter, then out to MSM.

This site is graphic as they are compiling and analysing; and while they do not blur the faces of the terrorists, they may do so for the faces of victims.

For those without telegram accounts, you should be able to click on the "preview" button to view their posts. Only those with telegram accounts will be able to see some of the footage. I am also attempting to track Xitter to find South First Responders footage and documents once they are released/re-posted there or to MSM, but there is often delays of hours (to days in some cases) before it makes it's way there to the wider audience.

If I can find the footage/release on Xitter that links back to the South First Respnders telegram, I will also post to the Xitter link that is sharing it (unless that Xitter is a kookball or has edited the original SFR footage --- they exist!!)

Again, graphic content.

Many of the bodycameras and other video equipment found on the bodies of dead terrorists also contained footage from the period before the attack.

The below are images and video taken from the same camera from which we published earlier footage of Kfar Aza (where the Islamic Jihad joined Hamas in the assualt). The terrorist with this camera appears to have photographed Islamic Jihad ceremonies and preparations for the attack in several locations.

But we also found among his footage evidence of cynical indoctrination of Palestinian children in what appear to be some sort of military-style training camps.

Edit to add links to alternative language publication from South First Responders:

Last edited:
2022 rbbm
''The UN agency for Palestinians said on Wednesday that it had discovered a “man-made cavity” underneath a school in Gaza, calling the excavation a breach of law and a threat to children and staff.

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency, known as UNRWA, said in a statement that it had “recently identified a man-made cavity underneath the grounds of an UNRWA school in Gaza.”

“The agency protested strongly to the relevant authorities in Gaza to express outrage and condemnation of the presence of such a structure underneath one of its installations,” the statement said.''

''The Gaza-ruling Hamas terrorist regime has dug an extensive network of tunnels under Gaza, which are used to move its forces or store weapons, including rockets and launchers.

Israel has long charged Hamas with hiding weapons and infrastructure in tunnels around schools, hospitals and residential buildings, and tunnels and weapons have been found at UNRWA schools in the past.''

BREAKING: Iran’s Foreign Minister has made his strongest warning yet in remarks to Al Jazeera: “If stopping the aggression against Gaza does not succeed, the expansion of the war fronts is not excluded and its possibility increases every hour. Iran cannot remain a spectator.”

“If America and Israel do not stop this policy, the scope of the war cannot be stopped During my meeting in Lebanon, I learned from Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah [the leader of Hezbullah] that all scenarios were put on the table.”

“The continued aggression and the absence of a political solution add fuel to the fire and things may get out of control. The region and its actors will not remain spectators.” - Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian, speaking to Al Jazeera

I don't know how anyone can look at Hamas atrocities and view the society where they were raised as something separate. The men who did this did not wake up at the age of 18 and decide to hurt people while they are dying. This must be something they learned throughout their lives, to the point where so many young men from one society can slaughter others without conscience ... where torture is something they enjoy.

We keep hearing on the news that the people of Gaza are innocent, good, suffering people who would never harm anyone, but the brutality that we see from this generation of young men from Gaza did not happen overnight. They are a product of their education system, culture and society. I'm not convinced that the siege should end because it's uncomfortable. This isn't a gang of murders. This is a generation of men from Gaza who think like ISIS.
It did not happen overnight and there needs to be a concerted effort within their schools, their home and their daily lives to end the indoctrination of Palstinian children into the world of hate if there is ever to be a hope at a chance of peace.

<modsnip - not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:

Summary of the day so far …​

It is approaching 3pm (now just after 4.20pm) in both Gaza and Tel Aviv. Here is a summary of developments so far today …

• The Israel Defence Forces (IDF) have said that the number of confirmed Israeli hostages being held in Gaza is 126. Hamas has previously claimed that 13 hostages have been killed within Gaza by Israeli airstrikes. It said there were foreigners among those who died, without specifying their nationalities.
  • The Israeli military also said that at least 279 of its soldiers had been killed since 7 October, when Hamas launched its attack on southern Israel. At least 1,300 Israelis have been killed and at least 3,400 wounded in total. A sign with a prayer for IDF forces and those killed or missing was placed on Sunday at the Western Wall in Jerusalem, where psalms were being recited.
  • Medics in Gaza said on Sunday that thousands could die if hospitals packed with wounded people ran out of fuel and basic supplies, as civilians under an air bombardment struggled to find food, water and safety before an expected Israeli ground offensive. Israeli strikes on the Gaza Strip have killed at least 2,329 Palestinians, with more than 9,714 wounded. In addition at least 53 people have been reported killed in the West Bank, with more than 1,100 wounded.
  • Egypt is intensifying efforts with its international and regional partners to deliver aid to Gaza, according to a statement released by Egypt’s presidency on Sunday. Egypt said its national security was a red line and that it rejected any plan to displace Palestinians. Egypt is proposing hosting a summit that would cover recent developments involving the crisis in Gaza and the future of the Palestinian issue.
  • The Egyptian Red Crescent, World Health Organization and other NGOs and volunteer groups remain poised to deliver aid through the Rafah crossing from Egypt into Gaza, but as yet it remains closed.
  • One person was killed and three others wounded in a northern Israeli village after fire across the blue line from Lebanon into Israel. The Israeli military said it was striking in Lebanon in retaliation, and it declared a zone within 2.5 miles (4km) of the blue line off-limits to public access. It said it was deliberately disrupting GPS operations in northern Israel near Lebanon, and also in the south near Gaza.
  • Israel’s communications minister has said he is seeking a possible closure of Al Jazeera’s local bureau and accused the Qatari news station of pro-Hamas incitement and of exposing Israeli soldiers to potential attack from Gaza. Shloma Karhi said the proposal to shut Al Jazeera had been vetted by Israeli security officials and was being examined by legal experts. He would bring it to the cabinet later in the day, he said. Al Jazeera and the government in Doha had no immediate comment.
  • Pope Francis on Sunday called for humanitarian corridors to help those under siege in Gaza and renewed his appeal for the release of hostages held by the militant Islamist group Hamas. “I strongly ask that the children, the sick, the elderly, women and all civilians do not become victims of the conflict,” the pope said during his weekly address to the crowds in St Peter’s Square. “Humanitarian right must be respected, above all in Gaza.”
  • The US embassy in Israel has published details of how it will attempt to evacuate people by sea from Haifa to Cyprus tomorrow.
  • The US secretary of state, Antony Blinken, said his meeting with the crown prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman, in Riyadh was “very productive”.
  • The EU is to convene an emergency meeting of its member states to discuss the consequences of the deteriorating situation in Israel and Palestine. Sending out an invitation for a summit on Tuesday, the European Council president, Charles Michel, said if the EU was “not careful” the conflict could “feed extremism” across Europe.
    He is also concerned about the consequences for neighbouring countries’ capacity to deal with refugees and the potential for onward crisis support in the EU.
  • Israel’s actions in Gaza have gone “beyond the scope of self-defence” and the Israeli government must “cease its collective punishment of the people of Gaza”, China’s foreign minister said in remarks published on Sunday.
  • The Jerusalem Post reported earlier that Iran had sent a private message to Israel through the UN that it could intervene if Israel continues its military campaign in Gaza.
  • Britain’s foreign secretary has said Israel should show “restraint” as it prepares to invade Gaza, marking a slight change of tone from the UK government. James Cleverly on Sunday urged the Israel Defence Forces to show “discipline” and avoid mass casualties. He told the BBC the UK government had been lobbying Egypt to open the Rafah border crossing.
  • Cleverly said that considering about 10 British people dead or missing was not an “unreasonable estimate”, and declined to say if the UK believed actions by Israel so far had been a breach of international law. The UN’s OHCHR position has been that the evacuation order imposed by the Israeli military on the civilian population of the Gaza Strip is “a crime against humanity, and collective punishment is prohibited under international humanitarian law”.
  • The Scottish National party has supported the UN’s calls for an immediate ceasefire on the Gaza Strip. The motion, passed by acclaim on Sunday morning at its conference in Aberdeen, follows repeated pleas from Humza Yousaf, Scotland’s first minister and SNP leader, for restraint in the conflict. Yousaf’s mother-in-law and father-in-law, who is Palestinian, are stranded in Gaza and living without enough food, water and power.

A very cogent interview. Both are on point and Zakaria displays emphatic wisdom. I also think, that with October 7th and it's aftermath, that he also nails it when he remarks that 1947's Two-Nation deal was as good as it's ever going to get.

It may be that Hamas' terrorist attacks upon innocent civilians on 7/10 has relegated Gaza as an Islamist stronghold, but with potential as a potential Palestinian state. Egypt and Jordan don't want them (Palestinians) due to the many previous problems Palestinians have caused in host states before. Nobody wants an angry diaspora, or pro- Muslim Brotherhood groups, agitating in their country's streets for action. Hamas has offered them up and will gladly use them for human shields IMO as I note that none of the worldwide "Pro Palestinian" protesters being interviewed have expressed "anti-Hamas" sentiments and most are not viewing Hamas' actions as criminal or are flat-out denying that crimes against innocent civilians were perpatrated by Hamas in their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE