Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the explosion was from explosives/weapons ect that Hamas has reportedly hidden in and under hospitals and schools. They wouldn't need a huge bomb to set it off.

Someone on twitter seems fairly knowledgeable. It isn't a verified account, so it can be treated as a MOO. He states he's with Royal Norwegian AF.

I tend to sort of agree, maybe the projectile hit something flammable and caused the explosion? It was a sudden fire. Usually bombs results in more debri and smoke before flames. In this case, the flames happened right away. (Again, I'm not very bright)

From what I'm hearing it landed in the courtyard in front of the hospital.
doesn’t look or sound quite like an air strike using the typical IAF 1000lb or 2000lb JDAM/Mk80 series to me. Incoming projectile sounds like it’s under power and the explosion frames visible look like largely propellant fire rather than HE detonation…

Less than 1 min ago

Protests break out around Middle East after Gaza hospital blast​

From CNN's Ben Wedeman in Beirut, Aqeel Najim in Baghdad and Caroline Faraj, Jomana Karadsheh, Mohammed Tawfeeq and Adam Pourahmadi

Several countries in the Middle East saw protesters march after hundreds of people died in an explosion at a hospital in G.znd Israel and Hamas each blamed the other side for the blas

Preliminary estimates indicate hundreds of people have been killed in the explosion at the Gaza hospital, which was sheltering thousands of displaced people who were forcibly evacuated from their homes by the occupation, the Palestinian Health Ministry in Gaza said in a statement.

Here's a look at protests erupting across the Middle East: t.

In Jordan, hundreds of demonstrators took to the streets in the western part of the capital, Amman, Tuesday night as a group gathered near the Israeli embassy in the Rabieh area in an attempt to "reach it," but security forces dealt with them and pushed them away, a security source told CNN on Tuesday. Jordan's state-run Petra news agency also reported the protesters attempts to reach the embassy.

Jordanian security forces used tear gas to disperse crowds in Amman, two activists told CNN, a claim backed up by social media videos that also show security forces using tear gas to push protesters back from the embassy.

There have been almost daily protests near the Israeli embassy over the past week to protest Israeli strikes on Gaza.

In Lebanon, hundreds of protesters gathered in the square that leads to the US embassy north of Beirut on Tuesday and tried to break through security barriers, according to a CNN team there.

In Iraq, hundreds of people took to the streets in Baghdad chanting anti-Israel slogans. Security officials in Baghdad told CNN that dozens of protesters attempted to cross a bridge that leads to Green Zone, but security forces prevented them from crossing it. Baghdad's Green Zone houses Iraqi government offices and several embassies, including US embassy.

In Irap, Protests also took place outside the French and British embassien of Teh, the country's capitalran. Demonstrators could be heard chanting "death to France, England, America, and the Zionists," according to a video published by Iran state-run RNA news on Wednesday mornig.

Rallies also took place in other cities, including Esfahan and Qod.

1697587046415.jpegJordanian security forces fire tear gas against demonstrators attempting to storm the Israeli embassy in the capital Amman, on Tuesday, October 17, 2023. Mussa Hattar/AFP/Getty Images

What if the hospital explosion turns out to be from Israel? How will the US react then?

Well, I think it would then maybe turn into a possible narrative/explanation as a “casualty of war,” fortifying the fact that Israel’s (and USA’s) #1 objective is to ensure that “Hamas does not govern” and they have to be taken out, as similar to the negotiator who has been in contact with Hamas “every day since the attacks” who said that the window of opportunity for getting the hostages out closed when Israel goes in, and it then turns to a time when the hostages may then have to become the “sacrifice” for the overall future well-being and safety of Israel. (Link upstream)

As far as taking responsibility, I was impressed and blown away when one Israeli top official claimed full responsibility as far as not being able to protect against the massacre despite some pre-intelligence circulated. I thought to myself, wow on fully taking that responsibility and that’s a huge burden to bear.

Last edited:

Saying an incident is so and so's fault, is not the same as having a plan to protect civilians.

JMO
RSBM,

You are right; it is not the same.

But when a nation who complies with the LoAC is accused by players on the world stage of just having deliberately committed a war crime, the evidence of such actualy is really, really imortant.

I prefer to wait for the investigation.

We could also "What if the hospital explosion turns out to be from Hamas? How will the world react then?" We've already seen how they react when Israel is quickly targetted for the blame.

It seems that minds are already made up that it was Israel before any evidence of such was actually in. Even those not explicitly "blaming/naming" Israel are stating things like "deliberate targetting of hospitals must stop" which explicity implies that "Israel" is responsible.

IMO, I willing to entertain that the hospital was not targetted by either side, but rather suffered a horrendous accident when a rocket misfired (based on footage I'm seeing of a Gaza-rocket misfiring overhead 3 seconds before the Hospital suffers the massive explosion). The Israelis will have more evidence than I though.

My condolences and thoughts are with all of those suffering the loss of life and family, and injuries from this horrific incident.
Completely agree with you, an investigation can hopefully find out exactly who was behind the attack.

I asked the question as I was wondering how things would stand in terms of US support, would Biden still support Israel to the same degree he has so far if an investigation found Israel was responsible for the hospital attack? (accidental or not)

Is that because the BBC, who claims that Hamas arrested (rather than kidnapped) Israeli civilians, believes that Hamas can identify the origin of the explosion within minutes?
It was not the BBC, it was a guest who was being interviewed by the BBC. Sorry, I was typing fast. I explained it in another post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper