Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
remember when the US helped to broker peace in Northern Ireland? IRA terrorists & Sinn Fein - the political wing was one of the parties which made the Good Friday Agreement possible.
That is probably a good analogy of how two seemingly intractable peoples can reach a peace treaty despite generations of hatred.

But, there are some key differences that would be hard to duplicate in the Middle East:

1.) IRA terrorists agreed to disarm and pro British UDF, UDL terrorists also agreed to disarm

2.) Once the IRA signed the treaty, Catholics received full and meaningful citizenship rights in northern Ireland:

- Creative electoral laws designed to reduce the weight of the Catholic vote or hinder Catholics from voting ended. Elections were then "One registered voter equals one vote"- no ifs, ands or buts.

- Creative laws, regulations and policies designed to prevent or limit Catholics from obtaining scholarships, professional licenses, and business licenses ended.

- British government subsidies designed to create and protect local jobs were spent on both Catholics and Protestants equally (British subsidies had created thousands o' jobs on the protestant / loyalist side).

Last edited:
Last night on CNN I saw several Palestinian women blaming this all on America. I just shook my head. Why are we the devil when it’s Hamas who is keeping and holding them down?
Everybody blames the United States for everything. Our policies are far from perfect and we aren’t always innocent, but we also aren’t to blame for every horrible thing that happens in the world. Alas, many non-Americans (and quite possibly more than a few Americans) would disagree with me.

Pictures of 1,000 Hamas massacre victims displayed at Tel Aviv University exhibition​

Seats in Smolarz Auditorium filled by images of the abducted, missing and dead, in an initiative organized by student union​

IMG_8522.jpeg

Everybody blames the United States for everything. Our policies are far from perfect and we aren’t always innocent, but we also aren’t to blame for every horrible thing that happens in the world. Alas, many non-Americans (and quite possibly more than a few Americans) would disagree with me.
I think "we" represent everything many people are taught to hate. How to terrorists get control of a population? They teach them from the time they are little that their ways are right for whatever reason they want to use. They are teaching hate and leading by control. When America comes along and it's freedom.. the message is freedom. That goes against everything many people are taught to believe. I often think it isn't the people they hate, it's the ideals and the hope.. They can't have that AND terrorism.

yes, but it is why we can't compare Ireland to Gaza in any way.
They do have one core aspect in common:

- Two different groups of people signed a peace treaty despite generations of "tit for tat" hatred an violence.

But, that treaty involved real compromise on both sides. And... the details can get pretty mind boggling:

Protestant marchers can march past Catholic churches- but not encircle them. Marching bands can play Protestant battle songs- but no songs of any kind are permitted in front of Catholic churches. Protestants can march though Catholic areas on some occasions. But the marches have been toned down and no new "traditional marches" can be created.

But.... the details allowed the peace treaty to work. Israel and Palestine would have equally complex requirements and equally demanding details. But, compromises can be reached- well, in theory.

Last edited:
They do have one core aspect in common:

- Two different groups of people signed a peace treaty despite generations of "tit for tat" hatred an violence.

But, that treaty involved real compromise on both sides. And... the details can get pretty mind boggling:

Protestant marchers can march past Catholic churches- but not encircle them. Marching bands can play Protestant battle songs- but no songs of any kind are permitted in front of Catholic churches. Protestants can march though Catholic areas- though some marches have been toned down and no new "traditional marches" can be started.

But.... the details allowed the peace treaty to work. Israel and Palestine would have equally complex requirements and equally demanding details. But, compromises can be reached- well, in theory.
It was real "Good Friday".
Then,
celebration of Peace followed :)

Still nothing on why they are not allowing foreign nationals and dual citizens to cross over and get back to their homes.

1) Those two groups above would have nothing to do with "displacement"; and
2) The road was damaged apparently so vehicle traffic cannot cross. That has nothing to do with not allowing persons of the two above groups to cross through on foot quite capably in able to return to their countries (and imges clearly show the crossing is passable on foot).

That's the elephant in the room that they keep avoiding providing answers for; if one were a conspiracy theorist, one could almost think it's like the want to keep citizens of foreign nations in the Gaza - perhaps to keep the pressure on foreign nations to keep up the pressure on Israel etc.

I too am struggling with their reasons, Vern. And have considered scenarios that might be causing border angst.

Do the people who want to cross have papers/passports to clearly identify who they are? With so much being lost, perhaps many do not have proof of who they are? Which could lead to massive delays in their border crossing ..... "please contact the US/Aussie/UK/Canadian/whatever embassy to ascertain who I am."

Also, is it possible that Hamas terrorists may have stolen other people's papers/passports and may try to leave the region, get away from being captured or killed, and start trouble elsewhere?

How do they know that the dual citizen persons are not Hamas terrorists/supporters? We all have people in our own countries who are protesting what is happening in Gaza.

It was reported (with photos) that the Hamas terrorists carried handbooks on them when they were found (some deceased).
Yes, and photos can be photo-shopped. Iraq was a miserable failure of U.S. intelligence and it needlessly cost thousands of lives. I do not believe ANY unnamed sources the media decides to quote. That is an easy way to spread dangerous rhetoric.

JMO

As many as 300,000 civilians died in two decades of conflict in Iraq, according to Brown University estimates. The U.S. lost 4,500 troops and spent an estimated $2 trillion on the Iraq War and the ensuing campaign in both Iraq and Syria against the extremist Islamic State group, which took hold in both countries after the U.S. initially withdrew in 2011.

Those assertions also made “weapons of mass destruction” a catchphrase that’s still used by rivals and allies alike, including before the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which U.S. intelligence correctly forecast.

“We cannot say for certain what these missiles and drones were targeting, but they were launched from Yemen heading north along the Red Sea, potentially towards targets in Israel,” Ryder said in a Pentagon briefing. A U.S. official said they do not believe the missiles were aimed at the ship. That official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss military operations that had not yet been announced.

Oct 19, 2023 #news #dhs #fbi
'The U.S. government is warning law enforcement nationwide about the potential for unrest as a result of the Israel-Hamas war, with a new intelligence bulletin saying "lone offenders" inspired by events overseas pose the greatest threat here in the United States. CBS News senior investigative correspondent Catherine Herridge has more.'

Oct 19, 2023 #israelhamaswar #skynews
'Home Office adviser Robin Simcox said the UK is a "permissive environment" for antisemitism and that it is "very sick indeed" in terms of how it treats its Jewish population in a newspaper column - claims security minister Tom Tugendhat vehemently denied. Sky's home editor Jason Farrell reports from a neighborhood in North London where the Jewish and Muslim communities have lived in peace for decades and looks at how the war in the Middle East has changed their relations.'

I too am struggling with their reasons, Vern. And have considered scenarios that might be causing border angst.

Do the people who want to cross have papers/passports to clearly identify who they are? With so much being lost, perhaps many do not have proof of who they are? Which could lead to massive delays in their border crossing ..... "please contact the US/Aussie/UK/Canadian/whatever embassy to ascertain who I am."

Also, is it possible that Hamas terrorists may have stolen other people's papers/passports and may try to leave the region, get away from being captured or killed, and start trouble elsewhere?

How do they know that the dual citizen persons are not Hamas terrorists/supporters? We all have people in our own countries who are protesting what is happening in Gaza.
My thoughts as well.

Does Egypt have the authority to insist they leave the country?

Moo

Yes, and photos can be photo-shopped. Iraq was a miserable failure of U.S. intelligence and it needlessly cost thousands of lives. I do not believe ANY unnamed sources the media decides to quote. That is an easy way to spread dangerous rhetoric.

JMO

As many as 300,000 civilians died in two decades of conflict in Iraq, according to Brown University estimates. The U.S. lost 4,500 troops and spent an estimated $2 trillion on the Iraq War and the ensuing campaign in both Iraq and Syria against the extremist Islamic State group, which took hold in both countries after the U.S. initially withdrew in 2011.

Those assertions also made “weapons of mass destruction” a catchphrase that’s still used by rivals and allies alike, including before the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which U.S. intelligence correctly forecast.
We are each free to choose what/who to believe.

In CNN interview: President Herzog reveals Hamas “Captive Taking Handbook”​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member