Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
19 Oct

Gazans can access about three litres of water a day​

Water for basic needs in Gaza is running dangerously low, with no supplies being allowed in for over a week after Israel launched a "complete siege" following Hamas's 7 October attacks.
For anyone trying to get a sense of the scale of how much supplies have run dry, we've created this graphic to demonstrate it:

1697774386241.jpeg

This is from Oct 19, Egypt appears ready and willing to start humanitarian efforts.

Egyptian state media say Rafah crossing to open on Friday​

Egyptian state media say the Rafah Crossing into Gaza will be opened for several hours on Friday to allow the delivery of desperately needed aid.
More than 100 trucks carrying aid have been queuing for several days on the Egyptian side of the border, with the United Nations calling for urgent help for civilians in Gaza.

Then why doesn't Egypt open it? Israel doesn't control the crossing, right? My understanding is that Israel is just refusing to allow humanitarian aid FROM ISRAEL until the hostages are released. MOO

2021 to present[edit]​

In February 2021, Egypt opened the crossing "indefinitely" for the first time in years in what was described as an effort to encourage negotiations between Palestinian factions meeting at the time in Cairo.[46][47] The crossing was kept open during and after the 11-day Israel-Hamas conflict in May, delivering aid and construction materials. Egypt closed the crossing on 23 August 2021 following an escalation of cross-border incidents between Israel and Hamas,[46] but partially reopened the crossing three days later, allowing traffic from Egypt to Gaza (but not vice versa).[48]

Israel said it would continue a blockade of humanitarian aid from Israel into Gaza until hostages held by Hamas were returned.

Did not find a name atm, but apparently the family has been taken hostage.
''This is one of those videos we wish we didn’t have to share.

An Israeli child is executed in front of her siblings and parents who are currently being held hostage by Hamas.

If this isn’t pure evil, nothing is.

Please help us make sure the world knows what is happening. pic.twitter.com/soOloHPDFA

— Israel ישראל (@Israel) October 8, 2023''
When I first heard about, and read about, what happened that day in Israel, I couldn't read it. Videos were not yet released.

I've wondered why Hamas terrorists wore go-pro cameras to film themselves butchering people. I suppose it has something to do with Martyr-pay for their families. The camera is proof that their families are entitled to the payout.

Surely they realized that if they were killed in Israel, their go-pro footage would be released to the global community. Or ... did they expect their friends to take their bodies back to Gaza where no one but Hamas would see the footage?

I would like to see the faces of the men who owned the go-pro footage that we have seen. I would like to know their names. Did they think that Muslims would be proud of them for torturing children prior to murdering them? Plucking out eyes, chopping off fingers? What is wrong with those people? It is not surprising that no country, <modsnip>, wants a society like that in their neighbourhood.

It is not surprising that Egypt does not want to take any chances that people like that enter their community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you doubting that people in Gaza have no food and water?
I've seen the interview with parents who said they spent many hours in their safe room, which was their toddler girls' bedroom. They waited there for many hours, and it was the grandfather (former Israeli military) who arrived to rescue them (he and his wife also rescued complete strangers.) The couple did not say they had no food and water during those many hours.

JMO

Then why doesn't Egypt open it? Israel doesn't control the crossing, right? My understanding is that Israel is just refusing to allow humanitarian aid FROM ISRAEL until the hostages are released. MOO

2021 to present[edit]​

In February 2021, Egypt opened the crossing "indefinitely" for the first time in years in what was described as an effort to encourage negotiations between Palestinian factions meeting at the time in Cairo.[46][47] The crossing was kept open during and after the 11-day Israel-Hamas conflict in May, delivering aid and construction materials. Egypt closed the crossing on 23 August 2021 following an escalation of cross-border incidents between Israel and Hamas,[46] but partially reopened the crossing three days later, allowing traffic from Egypt to Gaza (but not vice versa).[48]

Israel said it would continue a blockade of humanitarian aid from Israel into Gaza until hostages held by Hamas were returned.
I think this is your answer right here, from your post, IMO.

I've seen the interview with parents who said they spent many hours in their safe room, which was their toddler girls' bedroom. They waited there for many hours, and it was the grandfather (former Israeli military) who arrived to rescue them (he and his wife also rescued complete strangers.) The couple did not say they had no food and water during those many hours.

JMO
I guess many people no longer have their houses or safe rooms anymore, maybe that’s it.

When I first heard about, and read about, what happened that day in Israel, I couldn't read it. Videos were not yet released.

I've wondered why Hamas terrorists wore go-pro cameras to film themselves butchering people. I suppose it has something to do with Martyr-pay for their families. The camera is proof that their families are entitled to the payout.

Surely they realized that if they were killed in Israel, their go-pro footage would be released to the global community. Or ... did they expect their friends to take their bodies back to Gaza where no one but Hamas would see the footage?

I would like to see the faces of the men who owned the go-pro footage that we have seen. I would like to know their names. Did they think that Muslims would be proud of them for torturing children prior to murdering them? Plucking out eyes, chopping off fingers? What is wrong with those people? It is not surprising that no country, <modsnip>, wants a society like that in their neighbourhood.

It is not surprising that Egypt does not want to take any chances that people like that enter their community.

They were also live-streaming.
Link

Last edited by a moderator:

Heroes of Or HaNer and Erez: A united front against terror​

The emergency unit of Kibbutz Or HaNer, which thwarted the terrorists from infiltrating the neighboring Kibbutz Erez.​

On October 7, the people of the south were confronted with a harrowing reality. Thousands of terrorists breached the fence and launched a ruthless attack on anyone in their path. Much has been said about the vigilance and professionalism of the emergency response teams in the region, which prevented a greater disaster.

One remarkable tale of heroism centers around the emergency unit of Kibbutz Or HaNer, which thwarted the terrorists from infiltrating the neighboring Kibbutz Erez.

More: Heroes of Or HaNer and Erez: A united front against terror

JMO
I guess many people no longer have their houses or safe rooms anymore, maybe that’s it.
I'm sure some had supplies, and some didn't, but it may also depend on where these families lived (whether their homes were destroyed).

Did not find a name atm, but apparently the family has been taken hostage.
''This is one of those videos we wish we didn’t have to share.

An Israeli child is executed in front of her siblings and parents who are currently being held hostage by Hamas.

If this isn’t pure evil, nothing is.

Please help us make sure the world knows what is happening. pic.twitter.com/soOloHPDFA

— Israel ישראל (@Israel) October 8, 2023''

Bbm.
Hamas did this in front of her parents and siblings ??

Must sit on my hands so as not to type what I'm thinking.

That poor dear family.

As horrifying as these videos are, it's important that they are uploaded and shared because too many disgusting naysayers are going to try to refute many atrocities that Hamas themselves filmed and carried out !

Omo.

The daughter’s name is Yael. The father Tzachi. That’s all I’ve seen.
The mother and two kids survived. The older sister was murdered. The father taken hostage.

“The video showed an Israeli family, a couple visibly distraught, and their two kids traumatized over the execution of their sister and ask their father, why he has blood on his hands. "Why is there blood on your hands, papa?" the son asked and broke down.

"I wanted her to stay alive," the brother is heard saying while sobbing. "Is there no chance that she will come back?" the other sibling asks. "My sister is dead," she says. "It didn't happen," her mother said, in shock amid the horrifying situation as an armed man walked in front of the camera.

Further in the video, a person, most likely their captor, shouts: “Relax, relax, she went to heaven.” The parents then consoled their children and asked them to lie down on the floor as the Hamas men kept firing from their house.”

October 11

Last edited:
Updated 8:42 PM EDT, Thu October 19, 2023
Vital Gaza aid delivery to be delayed, say multiple sources, as Palestinians face worsening conditions | CNN

Humanitarian aid supplies destined for Gaza civilians remain in limbo, as concerns rise about the rapidly worsening conditions for the population stuck in the besieged enclave. Multiple sources told CNN on Thursday that the critical Rafah Crossing is no longer expected to open Friday for a first convoy of aid.

“I would not put money on those trucks going through tomorrow,” one source familiar with the discussions told CNN, explaining that the situation was “volatile.”

The situation remains fluid, US officials said. Road repairs are needed on the Egyptian side of the crossing and there are concerns about making sure the deliveries can be sustained, and are not a one-off.

[...]

... Speaking on his way back from visiting Israel, Biden said his Egyptian counterpart Abdel Fattah el-Sisi had agreed to open the Rafah Crossing into Gaza for humanitarian aid – the only one not controlled by Israel.

[...]

I think this is your answer right here, from your post, IMO.

I hope that the Hamas terrorists release all innocent hostages as soon as possible so that the suffering being endured by the people living in the Gaza strip will end.

Updated 8:42 PM EDT, Thu October 19, 2023
Vital Gaza aid delivery to be delayed, say multiple sources, as Palestinians face worsening conditions | CNN

Humanitarian aid supplies destined for Gaza civilians remain in limbo, as concerns rise about the rapidly worsening conditions for the population stuck in the besieged enclave. Multiple sources told CNN on Thursday that the critical Rafah Crossing is no longer expected to open Friday for a first convoy of aid.

“I would not put money on those trucks going through tomorrow,” one source familiar with the discussions told CNN, explaining that the situation was “volatile.”

The situation remains fluid, US officials said. Road repairs are needed on the Egyptian side of the crossing and there are concerns about making sure the deliveries can be sustained, and are not a one-off.

[...]

... Speaking on his way back from visiting Israel, Biden said his Egyptian counterpart Abdel Fattah el-Sisi had agreed to open the Rafah Crossing into Gaza for humanitarian aid – the only one not controlled by Israel.

[...]
Also from your article:

He also said the first deliveries were expected on Friday, though that date now appears unclear. US officials still say that the first convoy of trucks carrying humanitarian aid into Gaza from Egypt will cross the border this weekend, possibly by Saturday.

David Satterfield, the US special envoy for Middle East humanitarian issues, was “on the ground negotiating with the Israelis” about the aid delivery, US State Department spokesperson Matt Miller said at a briefing Thursday afternoon.

I would like to see the faces of the men who owned the go-pro footage that we have seen. I would like to know their names. Did they think that Muslims would be proud of them for torturing children prior to murdering them? Plucking out eyes, chopping off fingers? What is wrong with those people? It is not surprising that no country, except Scotland, wants a society like that in their neighbourhood.

BBM. Good point!

What role could Egypt play in helping Palestinians trapped by the Israel-Gaza war? Rafah crossing could be the only escape​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB