Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't put much faith in Erdogon helping the US troops:

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Tuesday that Israel was “completely out of its mind,” accusing it of crimes against humanity over its ongoing war against the Hamas terror group.

Erdogan vowed to bring Jerusalem to justice over “crimes committed in the Gaza Strip,” and accused the United States and Europe of being complicit in them, while making no mention of Hamas’s deadly onslaught on October 7.

For this particular event, I do. He likes the arms that we give him too much! He's not gonna let a wild crowd ruin his relationship...($$$) with the US over something like this!

He also talks BS alot. Sometimes he doesn't, but his rhetoric against Israel seems like posturing to me.

3hr ago

Karhi: Decision to shut down Al Jazeera in Israel awaits defense minister’s approval; Gallant: No objections

[...]

He noted that the decision to close down the Qatari news channel, which Karhi accuses of harming Israeli national security and inciting terrorism, requires the defense minister’s approval before it can be brought to a vote in the security cabinet.

“This issue is at the door of the defense minister, after his approval, which we are yet to receive, the request will be brought to the security cabinet for approval,” the hardline communications minister says.

Karhi alleges during his comments in the Knesset that Al Jazeera has “photographed and published” the positioning of IDF forces, “broadcast military announcements by Hamas,” and “distorted facts in a way which incited masses of people to riot.”

A statement put out by Gallant’s office immediately following the debate in Knesset, says that “despite what has been claimed, the defense minister supports restricting the broadcasts and activities of the Al Jazeera station immediately.”
Al Jazeera is the only network inside Gaza. They have reporters and correspondents who live there. I do feel they have distorted things, but when the US (western) media is not allowed there, guess who controls the narrative? Hamas will control it even more.

"Ambulances entered the Gaza Strip.
The first wounded go to Egypt.

View attachment 457408

Several dozen Palestinians wounded in Israeli retaliatory actions in the Gaza Strip were brought to Egypt.

Ambulances with the injured passed through the Rafah border crossing, opened for the first time since the start of the war in Israel.

An agreement between Israel, Hamas and Egypt was reached by Qatar in cooperation with the US.

The border between the Gaza Strip and Egypt has been opened to nearly 90 injured Palestinians and about 500 foreigners.

The AFP journalist saw at least 40 ambulances entering the crossing from the Palestinian side, each carrying two injured people.

Egyptian television stations broadcast live the entry of ambulances into Egypt through Rafah, which is the only Gaza border crossing not controlled by Israel, but by Egypt.

According to SkyNews, there was a queue of dozens of Egyptian ambulances at the crossing on the Egyptian side to help.

Reuters reports that hundreds of people gathered in Rafah waiting to leave the Gaza Strip.

According to Al-Jazeera, the situation at the crossing is very chaotic as many people who are not on the list are trying to leave.
Some of them have been waiting for a chance to leave the Zone for weeks.

On the Egyptian side of the border, Palestinian wounded are being transferred from Palestinian to Egyptian ambulances, which will then take them to hospitals in Egypt.

Egyptian television reported that the injured would be taken to the provincial hospital in Sheikh Zueid, several kilometers away from Rafah, to the hospital in Al-Arish and - in the case of the most seriously injured - to Cairo."

From my country's MSM
This is heartbreaking. I can not imagine what our American citizens are feeling.
I know I would be devastated, as I watched others leave throughout the border.

Heartbroken ...
Moo

Israel-Hamas war live updates: Gaza border opens for first evacuations (nbcnews.com)
49m ago / 6:05 AM PDT

Section of Jewish cemetery in Austria set on fire, vandalized with swastikas​

Austria’s main Jewish leader said today that a fire was set during the night in the Jewish section of Vienna’s Central Cemetery and swastikas were spray-painted on external walls.

Jewish Community of Vienna President Oskar Deutsch wrote on X that the fire burned the entrance lobby to a ceremonial hall but did not cause any injuries. The fire service and police were investigating, he said.

24m ago / 6:31 AM PDT

Scenes at the Rafah border crossing​

People wait as their documents are processed at the Rafah border crossing between the Gaza Strip and Egypt today.
231101-rafah-crossing-mb-1308-88e3d3.jpg
Mohammed Talatene / Mohammed Talatene/picture-allian

A group of men read signs posted on a door at the Rafah crossing, as injured Palestinians and foreign nationals are being helped to evacuate.
231101-rafah-crossing-mb-1307-4eb019.jpg

Ah, finally some more clarity. Two Sites.

What happened in Jabalia yesterday?
=

400b1b62-e9a1-4e37-a8a8-7f7e8192fe8e.png

1. Strike in the camp - Air Strike

The Israel Defense Forces later confirmed a strike, saying it had killed a senior Hamas commander, Ibrahim Biari, and targeted “underground terror infrastructure” beneath buildings that collapsed.

BBC Verify geolocated the blast site to an area located within the refugee camp, which is made up of many residential buildings and was home to 116,000 people before the war.

2. Western Jabalia - Ground Attack

The IDF also said on Tuesday its ground forces killed about 50 Hamas fighters during an operation to secure a military stronghold in western Jabalia that served as a training centre for the 7 October attack on Israel. It said it destroyed entrances to terror tunnels and a large stock of weapons, and released a map of what it described as a “Hamas military compound”.

Two Israeli soldiers were killed, the IDF said. Hamas’s military wing said it had fired at tanks and bulldozers in north-west Gaza.

BBC Verify has geolocated this site to an area more than 2km north-west from the area of the refugee camp that was hit.

Israel-Hamas war live updates: Gaza border opens for first evacuations (nbcnews.com)
23m ago / 6:35 AM PDT

Hamas says 7 hostages killed in Israel's strike on Jabaliya refugee camp​

Seven civilian hostages were killed by an Israeli strike on the Jabaliya refugee camp, Hamas' military wing, the Qassam Brigades, said today.

At least three of the hostages held foreign passports, the group said in a post on Telegram.

The Israeli military told NBC News it did not have any comment on Hamas' claims.

Separately, it has said that it was targeting a Hamas leader at the refugee camp and blamed Hamas for using civilian buildings as cover for its “underground infrastructure.”

49m ago / 6:05 AM PDT

Section of Jewish cemetery in Austria set on fire, vandalized with swastikas​

Austria’s main Jewish leader said today that a fire was set during the night in the Jewish section of Vienna’s Central Cemetery and swastikas were spray-painted on external walls.

Jewish Community of Vienna President Oskar Deutsch wrote on X that the fire burned the entrance lobby to a ceremonial hall but did not cause any injuries. The fire service and police were investigating, he said.

24m ago / 6:31 AM PDT

Scenes at the Rafah border crossing​

People wait as their documents are processed at the Rafah border crossing between the Gaza Strip and Egypt today.
231101-rafah-crossing-mb-1308-88e3d3.jpg

A group of men read signs posted on a door at the Rafah crossing, as injured Palestinians and foreign nationals are being helped to evacuate.
231101-rafah-crossing-mb-1307-4eb019.jpg
I feel like our faces are being rubbed in this. How can we rejoin when our people are being held?

I am starting to believe we will never see the US hostages nor the US citizens trapped in Gaza. I think they will kill them first.

But let's keep that aid flowing...{{{eye roll}}}
Moo

Live updates: Israel-Hamas war, crisis in Gaza, crowds gather at Rafah crossing (cnn.com)
58 min ago

First Palestinians arrive in Egypt after Rafah crossing partially opens. Here’s what to know​

US citizens delayed: However, Americans are not believed to be among the first group of foreign nationals potentially allowed to leave Gaza through the Rafah crossing, a Western official told CNN. US citizens are expected to begin departing Gaza as soon as Thursday, according to internal government correspondence obtained by CNN. Approximately 400 American citizens and their family members – a total of about 1,000 people – have been stuck in Gaza, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said at a Senate Appropriations Committee hearing Tuesday.

22min ago

Air raid sirens sound in Upper Galilee

Air raid sirens sound in Shtula, a moshav near the border with Lebanon in the Upper Galilee. It was not immediately clear what set off the sirens.

4min ago

Air raid sirens sound across central Israel, including Tel Aviv

Air raid sirens sound across central Israel, including Tel Aviv, Bat Yam, Holon, Rishon Lezion and other areas, following a barrage of rockets from Gaza.

Significant Rocket Attack within the last few minutes on Tel Aviv.
1698847901791.png

Last edited:
Live updates: Israel-Hamas war, crisis in Gaza, crowds gather at Rafah crossing (cnn.com)
58 min ago

First Palestinians arrive in Egypt after Rafah crossing partially opens. Here’s what to know​

US citizens delayed: However, Americans are not believed to be among the first group of foreign nationals potentially allowed to leave Gaza through the Rafah crossing, a Western official told CNN. US citizens are expected to begin departing Gaza as soon as Thursday, according to internal government correspondence obtained by CNN. Approximately 400 American citizens and their family members – a total of about 1,000 people – have been stuck in Gaza, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said at a Senate Appropriations Committee hearing Tuesday.
Thank you !!!! Was getting ready to post.

Hopefully our citizens will see freedom soon.

Moo

Last edited:
Al Jazeera is the only network inside Gaza. They have reporters and correspondents who live there. I do feel they have distorted things, but when the US (western) media is not allowed there, guess who controls the narrative? Hamas will control it even more.

And, guess who started Al-Jazeera?! Yep, the cousin of Marzook's wife, Ghassan Elashi, the US prisoner currently being held in my state.

In 1992 the family moved to Richardson, Dallas where the brothers started a new company, InfoCom. Amongst InfoCom's contracts was one for streaming al-Jazeera TV Arabic channel and hosting their website.[1]

**Elashi also earned degrees from schools in the US.

"No escape:​

Desperate Brits trying to flee Gaza​

'are turned away'​

just hours after Rafah crossing to Egypt was reopened."​

1698848864900.png

Powerful interview with Shani Louk’s brother, he says he will not give into “hate” (paraphrasing):

17 hours ago:

——-

Eta:
A fragment of a skull bone was found inside Gaza near the border. Her body was clearly inside Gaza City when she was in the back of the truck. That gave hope that she was alive. There's no proof that she was beheaded, only that a bone fragment was found.

Thank you, Otto. Sorry so behind. The above video says her family believes she was shot in the head.

Get me a wamblance! They made their bed, they lie in it...Literally!

1 hr 29 min ago

Hamas wanted to get its own fighters out as part of negotiations and was rejected, according to US official​

From CNN's MJ Lee
The deeply complex, multiparty negotiations to secure the release of foreigners from Gaza included Hamas demanding that some of its own fighters be let out as part of the list of injured people – a request that was rejected, according to a senior US official.

The logistics surrounding the release of foreigners that is in motion now is incredibly complicated, in no small part because Egyptian authorities are insisting that every person be thoroughly checked before they are allowed to cross into their country.

The current expectation is that around 500 people may be processed today – and that could ramp up to perhaps 1,000 people a day starting tomorrow, the official said.

A Western official has said Americans are not expected to be among the first batch exiting the enclave on Wednesday. US citizens are expected to begin departing Gaza as soon as Thursday, according to internal US government correspondence obtained by CNN, though the US official said some Americans may leave Wednesday.

''Nov 1, 2023
The Australian’s National Affairs Editor Joe Kelly says he thought carefully about attending the screening of 43-minutes’ worth of war footage by Israeli officials, but decided it was important as a journalist to witness.Mr Kelly sat down with Sky News host Rita Panahi to discuss the Israel-Hamas war and ongoing conflict.“I thought it was important as a journalist who has covered parts of this story over the last few weeks, and the message from officials at the Israeli embassy also was they felt there was an obligation to show journalists this footage in the interest of getting the truth out there,” Mr Kelly told Ms Panahi.“It is extremely disturbing … without a doubt the most disturbing footage I have ever seen.”Warning: This video contains distressing content.''

@3:05 "The most disturbing thing was these were not like grim-faced soldiers in wartime forced to take an enemy life to defend their country .........
the Hamas terrorists were filming themselves, they were smiling, they have looks of joy on their faces, there is a sense of hysteria or blood lust to the footage

And, guess who started Al-Jazeera?! Yep, the cousin of Marzook's wife, Ghassan Elashi, the US prisoner currently being held in my state.

In 1992 the family moved to Richardson, Dallas where the brothers started a new company, InfoCom. Amongst InfoCom's contracts was one for streaming al-Jazeera TV Arabic channel and hosting their website.[1]

**Elashi also earned degrees from schools in the US.
They have their tentacles in everything!

I wish there was western media in Gaza....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shirleymae