Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockets hit Gaza school sheltering hundreds​

A school in the Gaza Strip where 225 people were sheltering from rocket fire has been directly hit, the UN's Palestinian refugee agency said in a statement on Sunday.
No one was hurt, but the building was significantly damaged, the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) said.

The agency added that it was currently sheltering 73,538 displaced people in 64 schools across the Palestinian enclave.

Rockets hit Gaza school sheltering hundreds​

A school in the Gaza Strip where 225 people were sheltering from rocket fire has been directly hit, the UN's Palestinian refugee agency said in a statement on Sunday.
No one was hurt, but the building was significantly damaged, the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) said.

The agency added that it was currently sheltering 73,538 displaced people in 64 schools across the Palestinian enclave.

This is what Hamas has brought upon the innocent children and other innocent civilians who live in the Palestine territory that borders Israel's south coast. If Hamas would leave voluntarily, the law-abiding civilians in the Gaza Strip would be much better off, but of course that won't happen. They don't care whose lives they put at risk in order to achieve their goals of annihilating Israel.

Israel Gaza live updates: Families search for missing as toll reaches 600 after Hamas attack on Israel - BBC News (VIDEO)
Posted at 13:1213:12

WATCH: Destroyed cars line road near festival​

The Supernova music festival was happening in a desert in southern Israel, near where Hamas militants entered Israel from the Gaza Strip. Gunmen opened fire, and people attempted to flee in panic.

Chilling footage filmed from the area the following day shows the scale of the attack, with car wrecks lining a road, some overturned and others completely burned out.

As we reported below, a rescue organisation is quoted as saying it's retrieved 260 bodies from the site.
  • Read more about what happened at Supernova here

This conflict has been going on for over 70 years and there is no indication that the events currently taking place will bring any closer to its resolution.
Escalation will create further tensions.

JMO

It's the same with Ukraine, but we don't expect them to stand down. The Israeli nation will do what it has to do to survive and protect its citizens and its sovereignty.

Palestine's UN permanent observer mission on ongoing conflict: "These developments did not occur in a vacuum"​

The permanent observer mission of the state of Palestine to the UN has issued a response on Sunday to the ongoing Israel-Hamas war, saying that “these developments did not occur in a vacuum.”

“At the writing of this letter, the death toll in Gaza stands at: 313 Palestinians killed, including at least 20 children, over 2,000 injured and thousands of families displaced, now over 20,000 civilians, in just the past 24 hours…
These developments did not occur in a vacuum. They are preceded by the killing this year of hundreds of Palestinians…and preceded by decades of Israel’s unrelenting military raids on Palestinian villages, towns, cities and refugee camps…arrest, detention, imprisonment and abuse of thousands of Palestinian civilians, including children and women, a suffocating 16-year air, land and sea blockade of more than 2 million Palestinians in Gaza…”

11:23 pm
Two arrested near synagogue in Jerusalem with knife, kippa and Star of David

A knife, kippa and Star of David necklace recovered from two suspects arrested near a synagogue outside in Jerusalem on October 8, 2023.
A knife, kippa and Star of David necklace recovered from two suspects arrested near a synagogue outside in Jerusalem on October 8, 2023.

Two suspects — Palestinian residents of East Jerusalem — were arred near a synagogue in the Pisgat Ze’ev neighborhood of Jerusalem, holding a knife, police say.

Police say the two were also discovered with a kippa and a Star of David necklace, implying that the pair were going to attempt to pass themselves off as Jews.

11:26 pm

Hamas boasts of 100 Israelis held hostage, including IDF officials

Hamas senior official Moussa Abu Marzouk boasts that the terror group is holding more than 100 Israeli hostages, including high-ranking army officials, according to a report in the Palestinian al-Hadath news outlet.

US calls on UN Security Council to condemn events​

Nada Tawfik
Reporting from UN headquarters, New York City

Ambassador Robert Wood is representing the United States in today’s closed consultations of the UN Security Council.

He says he expects all council members to strongly condemn what’s happened.

He also says he's heard reports that several Americans may have been taken hostage or killed, and there's concern for the health and safety of US citizens in the region.

Palestine's UN permanent observer mission on ongoing conflict: "These developments did not occur in a vacuum"​

The permanent observer mission of the state of Palestine to the UN has issued a response on Sunday to the ongoing Israel-Hamas war, saying that “these developments did not occur in a vacuum.”

A pathetic attempt to justify the terrorist attack that Hamas launched against Israel.

I am leaving now for a pro-Israel rally in my neighborhood. My family is afraid that something will happen to me but I don’t think it will.

Someone said above that Hamas does not respect life.

I would say they respect life among their own but not outside it. For example, every so often we see young Muslim women killed by radicals because they didn’t wear a hijab to cover their hair, and that’s considered immodest.

Yet for Jewish women, they consider it a goal to parade these women naked in the streets.

I’m a Jewish New Yorker. My cousin is married to an Egyptian and I have many Muslim friends. None of them believe this way. All are appalled.

JMO
Please stay safe and check in when you return @Arkay

This conflict has been going on for over 70 years and there is no indication that the events currently taking place will bring any closer to its resolution.
Escalation will create further tensions.
:(
JMO

They are still angry that their country was carved up by others to form Israel. All of their grievances are about their ever-shrinking country. I don't know how the problem will ever be solved.

5m ago (20:30 GMT)

Tel Aviv’s residents start venturing out

People in Tel Aviv have slowly started to come out on the streets, after staying put in their homes following the start of Hamas’ offensive on Saturday.

While beaches and public spaces remained mostly empty, a few residents could be seen walking their dogs, going for a bike ride or just taking a walk. Meanwhile, most restaurants have remained closed.

Two buildings had been struck by a Hamas rocket barrage on Saturday night, injuring four people.

You can read more here on the situation in Tel Aviv.

They are still angry that their country was carved up by others to form Israel. All of their grievances are about their ever-shrinking country. I don't know how the problem will ever be solved.

In addition to geo-political grievances, there is also religious intolerance by these terrorist groups.

Edited by me

Israel Gaza live updates: Families search for missing as toll reaches 600 after Hamas attack on Israel - BBC News
13:40

The latest: More than 250 festivalgoers among hundreds dead

It's approaching midnight in Israel, where the overall death toll following attacks from Hamas militants has passed 600 - although some some reports say the number is even higher.
In the Gaza Strip, more than 400 people have been killed in retaliatory Israeli strikes.
Here's the latest top lines:
  • Festival victims: More than 250 bodies have been removed from the site of a music festival in southern Israel which came under attack, according to search and rescue organisation Zaka
  • US support: The US military has deployed naval vessels and combat aircraft to the eastern Mediterranean, as part of additional support promised to Israel by the White House. Extra resources, including munitions, are also being dispatched
  • Crisis talks: A UN Security Council meeting about the conflict is under way in New York. Before the talks began, Israel’s ambassador to the UN said the attack by Hamas was Israel’s 9/11. The Palestinian ambassador to the UN said the root cause of the conflict needed to be addressed
  • Military update: In a brief press conference earlier, an Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) spokesman said the military would do "do whatever it takes to protect our people"
  • 'Great victory': Earlier, Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh said the militant group was on the "verge of a great victory"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx