Issues w/ Jane Valez - 12/29/08 AND 12/30/08

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I only caught a bit of JVM and NG. All this the PI video is great for the defense crap really torked me. Please tell me someone brought up the fact that it was ODD that the PI was videotaping that at all and TM and neighbors could easily testify that area was underwater.

NO lawyer goes on tv and says their client "may" be charged..Who does this? lol. And I think thoust dost protest too much (the lawyer for Lee), so maybe Lee IS involved. Wouldnt put anything past this family. I never in my old life saw a family this messed up.

c&g's did as well..remember he was the one that put it out there about seeking "immunity" for them shortly after they hired him.....

Perhaps LE is looking at LA's messing with Casey's computer and erasing information that might pertain to the case. Just thinking!

That is exactly what I was thinking. Especially when LA's attorney mentioned "Tampering with evidence".

I only caught a bit of JVM and NG. All this the PI video is great for the defense crap really torked me. Please tell me someone brought up the fact that it was ODD that the PI was videotaping that at all and TM and neighbors could easily testify that area was underwater.

I don't remember anyone saying it was odd, but it sure set off my hinky meter! :eek:

LP's theories last night bothered me. I honestly don't the RK is involved other than finding the remains. JMO

I don't remember anyone saying it was odd, but it sure set off my hinky meter! :eek:

LP's theories last night bothered me. I honestly don't the RK is involved other than finding the remains. JMO

Can someone sum up for me what LP said? I missed it. THanks!

Dont 4 get Janes show tonight people- shes covering the case again-

Hi Karenz I found this transcript http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0812/29/ng.01.html

I heard LP speak on NG and then I have read the transcript. I have no clue as to exactly what LP is trying to say. No disrespect intended to him. But his comments were and still hard for me to follow in logic.

Thanks Kat and others for link. My darn kids needed me to be a Mom last night and not be glued to NG!

hate to say this but all of them have thus far said this.....jb (granted his guess was a wee bit easier)--but the new atty for the a's did to.....something is up there....did find it interesting how the other atty's were like WTH? with that comment...dont' think he has done any good with any of these interviews--except perhaps gain his moment in the sun --- isn't that what atty's do???:eek:

I am going to assume you are being funny. Because most people in the law profession are there to serve what is in the best interest of their client. I would like to see exactly what his attorney said because it could have been taken out of context.

I am confused... What would the subpeonas be for and why by not getting them could this mean charges were coming instead? (hope my question makes sense)

I'm coming in real late for this bombshell - my guess maybe that if Lee doesn't get a subpeona to search his house or car maybe then his lawyer would think charges would be coming?

When you think about it, it doesn't make sense - I would think IF Lee got subpeonas to search his house and car THEN he should be worried he might be charged

Is this lawyer from the Baez school of lawyers???? Just wondering because what I'm reading doesn't make much sense

I am going to assume you are being funny. Because most people in the law profession are there to serve what is in the best interest of their client. I would like to see exactly what his attorney said because it could have been taken out of context.

I do agree that there are good atty's out there...just seems like some of the ones that the a's seem to nab are out there for publicity only....perhaps pro-bono isn't the way to go...they have all hinted about possible legal involvement right when they get hired...its just odd that the minute they sign on either they or someone calls a presser and you hear about immunity for the family....they say things then leave it at that--

I do agree that there are good atty's out there...just seems like some of the ones that the a's seem to nab are out there for publicity only....perhaps pro-bono isn't the way to go...they have all hinted about possible legal involvement right when they get hired...its just odd that the minute they sign on either they or someone calls a presser and you hear about immunity for the family....they say things then leave it at that--

No one wants to see the attorneys on TV saying everything is going as well as can be expected. How boring is that?

Subpeonas don't grant immunity to witnesses. If they did there would be no need for the fifth - where do they find these attorneys???

Subpeonas don't grant immunity to witnesses. If they did there would be no need for the fifth - where do they find these attorneys???

You get what you pay for ...

Maybe they found them at the bottom of a cracker jack box. :crazy:

I just saw that! I must have glossed over it before - your right - where do they find these attornys? LOL I'm sure every lawyer in Orlando sends introduction letters and promises all kinds of things JUST to get them picked to get the publicity

I do not think all these lawyers are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts and want to TRULY help them - EXCEPT of MN - he was a class act because he left the case when he found out some information that he knew in good conscious he couldn't defend the A's

[SIZE=-1]
http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/ind...4/titl0914.htm

914.04 Witnesses; person not excused from testifying or producing evidence in certain prosecutions on ground testimony might incriminate him or her; use of testimony given or evidence produced.
--No person who has been duly served with a subpoena or subpoena duces tecum shall be excused from attending and testifying or producing any book, paper, or other document before any court having felony trial jurisdiction, grand jury, or state attorney upon investigation, proceeding, or trial for a violation of any of the criminal statutes of this state upon the ground or for the reason that the testimony or evidence, documentary or otherwise, required of the person may tend to convict him or her of a crime or to subject him or her to a penalty or forfeiture, but no testimony so given or evidence so produced shall be received against the person upon any criminal investigation or proceeding. Such testimony or evidence, however, may be received against the person upon any criminal investigation or proceeding for perjury committed while giving such testimony or producing such evidence or for any perjury subsequently committed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77135&page=3

Discussed further there where one of our attorney-sleuths clarifies some questions. If they are subpoenaed they cannot take the 5th, as the subpoena protects them from their words being used against them. It does not give you immunity to a crime you have committed, but they cannot use your testimony to convict you. If you refuse to answer you would be in contempt, and if you lie you would add perjury to the list.

[/SIZE]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06
Back