Italy’s Highest Appeals Court to Decide Amanda Knox’s Fate

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooray. Finally some one in the Italian judiciary has come to their senses. Wonder who will be respecting verdict now.

JMO but I do not believe that the Italian judiciary has come to their senses ... I believe today's decision was either politically motivated or financially motivated. High profile case ... wealthy family of defendant ... high profile and well connected defense attorneys ...

I have spent hours and hours reading the translated documents, reviewing the photos, cell phone records, etc., and the evidence was overwhelming against AK and RS ... and this was proven in the Trial and at the Nencini appeal.

WTF was the SC thinking today :gaah:

:moo: and :moo:

The whole Italian justice system must be corrupt. Poor Kercher family. RIP Meredith.

I don't think there is any question that there are corrupt people in every system in the world. Because they are run by people. Imperfect sometimes completely flawed people. I think that Meredith is at peace and I hope in time that her family can see that justice was done here.

JMO but I do not believe that the Italian judiciary has come to their senses ... I believe today's decision was either politically motivated or financially motivated. High profile case ... wealthy family of defendant ... high profile and well connected defense attorneys ...

I have spent hours and hours reading the translated documents, reviewing the photos, cell phone records, etc., and the evidence was overwhelming against AK and RS ... and this was proven in the Trial and at the Nencini appeal.

You know why I don't believe that? Because of how long it took them to deliberate. I believe that they looked at the merits of the case and saw the truth. AK and RS were not guilty.

I don't think there is any question that there are corrupt people in every system in the world. Because they are run by people. Imperfect sometimes completely flawed people. I think that Meredith is at peace and I hope in time that her family can see that justice was done here.
Of course it was never totally corrupt. Just emotions depending on the outcome of the verdicts. Then why make post after post with horrible accusations against an entire system and even country? Legal truth and real truth do not always match. I will never believe they rubbed some fruit pulp on their feet and did not remember or any of the other ridiculous theories you have to believe to explain away all the evidence. The first SC ruling and this one do not match. I don't know what this means for Guede, but it is a complete mess. So be it. JMO.

Fist it was guilty, then it was acquitted, then it was guilty, and now it is acquitted ... done. If it would be heard again, it would probably change again. It seems that there is quite a division regarding the interpretation of the evidence of the case - 100% polarized.

Of course it was never totally corrupt. Just emotions depending on the outcome of the verdicts. Then why make post after post with horrible accusations against an entire system and even country? Legal truth and real truth do not always match. I will never believe they rubbed some fruit pulp on their feet and did not remember or any of the other ridiculous theories you have to believe to explain away all the evidence. The first SC ruling and this one do not match. I don't know what this means for Guede, but it is a complete mess. So be it. JMO.

Fruit pulp didn't happen. Parsing is the argument ... divide and conquer ... the whole is greater than the sum of the parts ~ Aristotle

So did many of us. And I don't think of myself as stupid. I analyzed it all. I don't know one attorney who felt the prosecution of Amanda was anything other than a joke. As an attorney, I am able to divorce myself from emotion often and analyze facts. Applying those skills to this case it is my opinion that there was no credible evidence of any kind linking Amanda and Raffaele to this crime. Nothing.

So did many of us. And I don't think of myself as stupid. I analyzed it all. I don't know one attorney who felt the prosecution of Amanda was anything other than a joke. As an attorney, I am able to divorce myself from emotion often and analyze facts. Applying those skills to this case it is my opinion that there was no credible evidence of any kind linking Amanda and Raffaele to this crime. Nothing.

Were they simply confused about the time they ate supper, and what they did on the morning that the murder was discovered? Were they unable to say that they didn't remember? Didn't they state that they were too wasted to remember ... and as a result, Sollecito swore off drugs for life?

Were they simply confused about the time they ate supper, and what they did on the morning that the murder was discovered? Were they unable to say that they didn't remember? Didn't they state that they were too wasted to remember ... and as a result, Sollecito swore off drugs for life?

I'm not going down the rabbit hole with you. I've discussed all the evidence previously. If you want to believe I'm an idiot that's your choice. But I find the arguments to become circular and illogical with those certain Amanda is guilty. I feel that emotion and dislike have clouded the issue for too many and that cognitive dissonance occurs with them. No matter the facts, no matter the use of logic, I feel many who are committed to finding Amanda guilty are incapable of being objective. So I won't argue all the facts.

Every time I've focused on one aspect of the case - one particular piece of the evidence - it is become apparent to me how weak the case was. The Nencini opinion was full of holes and errors.

In all the time you spent analyzing the evidence were you ever able to come up with a timeline to explain how Knox and Sollecito were involved in the crime.

I'm not going down the rabbit hole with you. I've discussed all the evidence previously. If you want to believe I'm an idiot that's your choice. But I find the arguments to become circular and illogical with those certain Amanda is guilty. I feel that emotion and dislike have clouded the issue for too many and that cognitive dissonance occurs with them. No matter the facts, no matter the use of logic, I feel many who are committed to finding Amanda guilty are incapable of being objective. So I won't argue all the facts.

I don't think that anyone is an idiot, and I respect and value the opinion of lawyers. Some things sit in the back of my mind as unresolved. There's no need to provide the answer, as I've probably heard it before, and it didn't help. Rhetorical is probably the right word at this stage of the game.

Every time I've focused on one aspect of the case - one particular piece of the evidence - it is become apparent to me how weak the case was. The Nencini opinion was full of holes and errors.

In all the time you spent analyzing the evidence were you ever able to come up with a timeline to explain how Knox and Sollecito were involved in the crime.

Was the whole, big picture that the case was simply too weak, but the sum of the parts implied guilt?

Was the whole, big picture that the case was simply too weak, but the sum of the parts implied guilt?

You didn't ask me but in my opinion, neither. Not even close.

zero plus zero plus zero plus zero plus ......... equals zero

Guilty plus acquitted plus guilty plus acquitted equals zero.
It looked like the best out of three, and there was another.

Today it is over.
Amanda should write a book by herself now.

The DNA on the knife was a joke. (Proven in 2011)
The DNA on the bra clasp was a joke. (Proven in 2011)
The prosecution star witness was totally discredited in 2011.

There was nothing indicating AK and RS as the murderers. There was no trace of them in the room MK was murdered in!! None! How could that even be possible if they were part of such a gruesome murder?
I was never able to see how one can come to any other conclusion. I really do think it was a case of Casey Anthony syndrome. There are some folks who absolutely despise AK. I think those folks should evaluate why they hold this anger towards someone they know nothing about.

And the court made it clear that this was not just a case of a lack of sufficiency of proof. Instead, the court declared that the two did not commit the crime. It will be interesting to read the basis for their decision which will be released within 90 days.

IMO, this was a prosecution that should never have occurred. The basis for prosecution was not based on evidence, or logic for that matter. I know this case has attracted more than its fair share of zealots who are devoted to demonizing Knox beyond all rational thought. I remember reading about her early on in the foreign press and feeling as though she was being railroaded for being deemed an odd, shallow and slutty American.

And so much of the virulent rage against her seemed to be based on gender. She did not behave in the manner that people believed a nice, normal girl should. She was odd and thus guilty not only of sexual deviance but murder and enlisting the other two defendants to commit murder despite a complete lack of evidence she was even present at the crime scene. I have always believed in the truth of an article written in 2009, "The *advertiser censored*-shaming of Amanda Knox: an old and ugly Italian pattern plays out again" http://www.hugoschwyzer.net/2009/12/04/the-*advertiser censored*-shaming-of-amanda-knox-an-old-and-ugly-italian-pattern-plays-out-again/ And there were many other articles over the years illustrating the improper foundation for the prosecution.

And then we have the sex and satanic ritual obsessed prosecutor who seemed more like a character out of extremely bad fiction. He certainly never was one to let evidence get in the way of the sordid tale he conjured up. And once he latched onto his narrative of deviant sex obsessed Knox leading the crime, he refused to let go. It didn't even matter when they arrested the actual perpetrator, the one whose fingerprints, DNA and even fecal matter were all over the scene, the one who he fled to Germany and had a record of breaking into dwellings.

It seemed she was hated even more than Jodi Arias, despite the glaring evidentiary differences. I once innocently wandered onto what I thought an information site that ended up being what was alleged to be a "justice for Meredith" site that was almost solely focused on demonizing Knox instead of on obtaining justice for the victim whom they professed to be concerned with. An appropriate focus on support always seemed to me to be best served by focusing on the obviously guilty defendant Guede, and ensuring he received an appropriate punishment. Although it was clear he was involved, no one seemed concerned with him, dismissing him as being driven by Knox to commit the crime. It was like he didn't matter at all-only Knox mattered. And so the truly guilty party ended up with only a 16 yr sentence.

At least they are finally cleared. But I don't at all agree that there was only one victim in this. If there was any credible evidence that the two had been involved in the crime, the prosecution could be understood as having been pursued in good faith. But that was not the case. Two young people were railroaded and imprisoned based on an entirely false narrative. That to me is also a tragedy. Victims deserve true justice, and that includes the the state fulfilling its' obligation to ensure the guilty party is held accountable and sentenced appropriately.

Guilty plus acquitted plus guilty plus acquitted equals zero.
It looked like the best out of three, and there was another.

Today it is over.
Amanda should write a book by herself now.

This pretty much sums up exactly how divided this case has always been.

I mean it's equal guilty and acquital verdicts, it's just that the final verdict happened to be the acquittal.

I can honestly say that as strong as I felt about their guilt, I was never sure the SCC would agree.

There have been other cases that I have disagreed with the ruling, but one thing that doesn't change is my mind. Just because a court rules one way does not erase my thoughts about a defendant.
George Zimmerman was found not guilty too, was a very high profile, much debated and divided case. I seriously doubt those that think he murdered Trayvon have changed their opinion because the jurors said so. Just like my opinion of Amanda Knox has not changed and I'm entitled to that.

It will be interesting to see what the motivation report says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire