Italy - The Monster of Florence, 16 victims, 1968-1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi I could not miss here in this discussion; my opinion on the case is quite unconventional: I believe that the killer is one of the sardinians, but not of the Vinci or Mele circle, but of the superior Sardinians those of the Anonima Sarda crime syndacate; a Sardinian shepherd kidnapper who died in 1998 who knew both the Vinci and the Mele who were a very good friend of Francesco Vinci; one who knew both how to shoot and how to use a knife; one who apparently had several sexual disorders; I also think, contrary to many, that there has never been a passing of a weapon; I also think he may have been part of a group of people, not necessarily alone. In any case, I believe that the key to the mystery is the double crime of 68.

The person that I believe is the killer or at least one of the killers gravitated and was part of that environment and frequented people like Mario Sale, Giovanni Farina, people with whom it was dangerous to joke, but apparently knew Francesco Vinci too. he seems to have been the driver, and he was allegedly someone who had sexual problems, in short, a Sardinian connecting the Vinci, Mele and the Company; in addition to this he seems to have been an informer for the Florence public prosecutor's office, in particular for Vigna; so to speak, he was not a Vinci-style delinquent or someone like Stefano Mele, here we are talking about high-ranking delinquency, which goes beyond simple theft of livestock. In those years and in those areas (especially Calvana) there was a strong presence of Sardinian immigrants, shepherds, bricklayers, and criminals of all kinds; the Sardinian bar located in Prato is a point of reference and aggregation for the island's immigrants and it cannot be excluded that the future Monster or the monsters are Sardinian; and in those years there were kidnappings in Tuscany by the Company. Finally, I believe that there have been important coverings, cover-ups, disappearances of vital finds for the investigation, precisely because, in my opinion, important characters were involved, perhaps also linked to investigative environments.

I believe that the key to solving the mystery is 1968; for me the first double crime is of the Sardinians, Francesco Vinci and Salvatore could not bear that she, Barbara Locci went her way with a Sicilian and they decide to kill her: so either they do the crime, but I see it hard because both were still in some way controlled and shadowed see Salvatore Vinci and in any case there is bad blood between them and they must never agree, or they charge someone, but who could it be? Pacciani? Vigilant? No, I don't see them just to assign someone, the Sardinians are used to washing dirty clothes in the family, so maybe they hire someone they know, there were many Sardinians in Tuscany in those years, the anonymous kidnappings raged, in short, let's talk of bandits, not cheap sheep, people accustomed to killing and using the knife well: from here then we can think of any way: either the one who committed the crime kept the gun and continued this damned gun changed hands and someone else continued the crimes; I believe that instead whoever committed the first double crime was kept the gun and continued until 1985, and has a very specific name; I underline that this person seems to have received facilities from the prosecutor's office (he collaborated on the kidnappings, giving information) and was in some way preserved, protected; once you get to 1985, seeing that the circle is tightening more and more, he stops killing, makes the gun and knife disappear and leaves the scene forever.

From Wikipedia in italian language

Mostro di Firenze - Wikipedia

Hypothesis MdF-Zodiac: The magazine Tempi published on 19 May 2018 the first part of a journalistic investigation in which it is stated that the famous Killer of the Zodiac was hidden behind the Monster of Florence. According to Francesco Amicone, the author of the investigation, the suspect would be an Italian-American residing first in the United States, where he would have committed the crimes attributed to the Killer of the Zodiac, and then would have moved to Italy, to kill again and earn the nickname. of Monster of Florence. The man, according to the investigation, would be the same American that Mario Vanni in a 2003 interception identifies with the name of "Ulysses" and "black" (this despite the alleged serial killer is not dark-skinned and is not known for professing right-wing political tendencies) . The man, a former CID agent of the 5th Battalion of the US Military Police, appears to have resided in the Florentine province since the summer of 1974, a few months after the last official letter sent by the Zodiac Killer to the San Francisco Chronicle . Furthermore, he would have signed his own crimes and his own letters making allusions to his identity, which would contain the Italian word "water" . On 29 May 2018, the same journalist published in Il Giornale the alleged partial confessions of the alleged murderer. The alleged serial killer, according to the same journalist, would also have declared that his colleagues at the CID were informed of his "second life" and that he would not have constituted himself, despite his repentance, "to avoid trouble for others" . Following these articles, Francesco Amicone denounced the US citizen of Italian origin Giuseppe "Joe" Bevilacqua, who denied the confession . Bevilacqua, accused by Amicone of being responsible for the crimes of the Monster and the Zodiac, had been "super-witness" of the Prosecution in the first trial of Pietro Pacciani and resided a few hundred meters away from the place of the double crime of 1985 .

Info on Bevilacqua

In my humble opinion, the culpable (if he was a lonely killer, and I have many doubts about it) never entered in the list of suspects. Maybe, indeed, he was neither a native of the Florence province, nor living there.

Last edited:
August 2, 2024
''A prominent Italian doctor practicing oncology and hematology in the United States, Lorenzo Iovino, recently studied earlier analyses of DNA samples from a .22 caliber Winchester bullet found in 2015 in a cushion belonging to Nadine Mauriot and Jean-Michel Kraveichvili, a French couple shot dead in their camping tent in 1985''.
''That same DNA was taken from similar bullets found after the September 1983 murder of two German university students, Horst Wilhelm Meyer and Jens-Uwe Rusch, who investigators believed were probably mistaken for a couple — and the murder of Italians Pia Rontini and Claudio Stefanacci in July 1984.

The DNA could prove to be “very important,” Daniele Piccione, a lawyer who chaired a parliamentary inquiry commission into an unsolved aspect of the case that ended in 2022, told AFP.''

'The infamous case is the basis of a Netflix drama called “Il Mostro,” which is based on court testimony, legal documents and reporters’ investigations''.
1722612725352.png
Stock pictures of Jean Michel Kravcichili and Nadine Mauriot, two french tourists found murdered in 1985 in San Casciano Val di Pesa, near Florence.
1722612788385.png
A man covers with a tent the lifeless body Nadine Mauriot, of France, killed along with her boyfriend Jean Michel Kravcicvili in San Casciano Val di Pesa, Italy, in this Sept. 9, 1985 file photo.AP Photo/Torrini
1722612835720.png
Stock pictures of Pia Rontini and Claudio Stefanacci, both shot to death in the seventh such double murder in the Florence area since 1968. AP Photo

August 2, 2024
''A prominent Italian doctor practicing oncology and hematology in the United States, Lorenzo Iovino, recently studied earlier analyses of DNA samples from a .22 caliber Winchester bullet found in 2015 in a cushion belonging to Nadine Mauriot and Jean-Michel Kraveichvili, a French couple shot dead in their camping tent in 1985''.
''That same DNA was taken from similar bullets found after the September 1983 murder of two German university students, Horst Wilhelm Meyer and Jens-Uwe Rusch, who investigators believed were probably mistaken for a couple — and the murder of Italians Pia Rontini and Claudio Stefanacci in July 1984.

The DNA could prove to be “very important,” Daniele Piccione, a lawyer who chaired a parliamentary inquiry commission into an unsolved aspect of the case that ended in 2022, told AFP.''

'The infamous case is the basis of a Netflix drama called “Il Mostro,” which is based on court testimony, legal documents and reporters’ investigations''.
View attachment 522076
Stock pictures of Jean Michel Kravcichili and Nadine Mauriot, two french tourists found murdered in 1985 in San Casciano Val di Pesa, near Florence.
View attachment 522077
A man covers with a tent the lifeless body Nadine Mauriot, of France, killed along with her boyfriend Jean Michel Kravcicvili in San Casciano Val di Pesa, Italy, in this Sept. 9, 1985 file photo.AP Photo/Torrini
View attachment 522079
Stock pictures of Pia Rontini and Claudio Stefanacci, both shot to death in the seventh such double murder in the Florence area since 1968. AP Photo

Very interesting, and I looked into this further. However, I have to say I'm skeptic that this profile is that of the Monster. After all, the profile was arrived at by extracting the profile of an expert who was all over the bullets, so we know they haven't been handled properly - even the bullet found only a few years ago. That the touch DNA survived being fired through a gun, passing through objects (in one case, metal) and into the victim seems unlikely to me.

On the other hand, the DNA found on the pants of the last victim, Kraveichvili, is more promising to me. The pants were found next to the body, so unless Kraveichvili carried them with him as he frantically fled his tent, they would have to have been touched by the Monster, pulled off as he hoisted the victim into the bushes.

This DNA didn't match Pacciani, Vigilanti, Narducci or the saliva from a few envelopes thought to have been sent by the Monster (unlikely, in my opinion). Vanni and Lotti weren't compared.

Then there are the partial fingerprints from the Vicchio murder, on the top of the car. The prints excluded Pacciani, Vanni, Vigilanti, Salvatore and Francesco Vinci, but again Lotti wasn't compared.

Since Lotti is my favored suspect (as a single, solitary killer, not part of the snacks companions - which he invented), I can only hope they go back and do a comparison. His prints have to be on record and he has living relatives who can provide DNA.

That is ridiculous that they did not compare the DNA and print evidence to Lotti.

That is ridiculous that they did not compare the DNA and print evidence to Lotti.
Yeah, Lotti gets overlooked by all sides. Those who buy into the "snacks companions" theory see him as a weak and hapless tag-along, easily manipulated by Pacciani and Vanni (and to be fair, this is the impression Lotti wanted to give) with no real role in the actual shootings. Those who support the Sardinian trail tend to paint Lotti as a village idiot, useful for the police who get him to tell them what they needed to nail Pacciani (Spezi tells memorable stories in his book, but that may be all that they are - stories).

Yet Lotti was first pulled in because the police discovered a red Fiat had been seen at the last crime scene (Scopeti) by three witnesses, one of whom knew Lotti and identified it as his. When questioned Lotti admitted to having been there, but only to see Pacciani and Vanni (the police's suspects) do the actual murder.

He had knew about the crime scene in Vicchio and had visited it prior to the murders there. Another sighting if the red Fiat had been at the Giogoli murder scene. His height matched that of the shooter in both Giogoli and Vicchio (ca 180 cm) and he was considerably younger than Pacciani and Vanni.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back