It's Getting Old

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me clarify, I did not follow it from the very start, but in the early months of this year, I caught myself up, read everything I could find, etc...so as to be informed for the trial, of which I missed not a moment. And I found that the trial was lacking, for whatever reason, and I could not make the move to convict, as a "juror." I often looked in at this forum in the years prior to the trial, but stayed away from posting, due to the seemingly sense of "ownership" of the case by those who had diligently followed along moment by moment. There were often posts made to newcomers that were disparaging, always falling back on how the "true" Caylee supporters had followed every hearing, every bit of paper, etc...Not exactly an atmosphere conducive to joining in, especially if one was not 110% convinced that Casey had murdered Caylee.

JMO

Let me clarify, I did not follow it from the very start, but in the early months of this year, I caught myself up, read everything I could find, etc...so as to be informed for the trial, of which I missed not a moment. And I found that the trial was lacking, for whatever reason, and I could not make the move to convict, as a "juror." I often looked in at this forum in the years prior to the trial, but stayed away from posting, due to the seemingly sense of "ownership" of the case by those who had diligently followed along moment by moment. There were often posts made to newcomers that were disparaging, always falling back on how the "true" Caylee supporters had followed every hearing, every bit of paper, etc...Not exactly an atmosphere conducive to joining in, especially if one was not 110% convinced that Casey had murdered Caylee.

JMO

I did not mean to sound like you didn't know all the details...it meant to come out that our hearts are very invested. We all get to post our views and discuss/debate them, but on some things we will never agree...nothing wrong with that.

I think unless the public understands what this jury did wrong or missteps that they took to come to their conclusions future juries will feel that this type of deliberation can be done without getting any negative feedback from the community. Name calling is really not necessary but if those who work in this field feel the jury did not understand the judge's instructions then the courts will have to take notice to prevent this from happening again. Problem is, it could very well happen again because not everyone processes information the same.

The jury did what they felt was right by focusing on the fact that they were not suppose to let emotions interfer with their judgement. Problem is those who spoke admitted they thought KC was guilty of something but could not figure it out and never asked for clarification. Had they done that the judge would have brought them back to court and read their question out loud and then answered their question. DT would have known which way they were leaning and probably asked for a plea deal and the outcome would have been different. Jury would have been free and clear with burden off of them.

As far as the other jurors who did not speak up. I would still like to hear from them because they may have had a completely different story and they deserve to present their side if they wish.

If we went to the doctor and the doctor told us we had to follow his instructions to the letter or we could die and we did not understand all those instructions would we ignore them and hope for the best or ask questions about what wasn't clear to us. This is what they did not do. They certainly were not intimidated about asking the judge questions, so why didn't they ask this most important question when they knew they could??? I've been on a jury and know that it was the foreman's duty to write the questions out and present them to the judge and not to try and answer them himself. What happened with this jury is that the baby went out with the bathwater.

Was it there fault? We will never know unless the other jurors speak up. At this point they have nothing to lose. So I can understand how someone may feel sympathy for them because we may not know the whole story. jmo

Saying you are using your ignore feature in any way is a TOS violation.

"NOTE: Do NOT post a message saying you are doing so, that's a TOS violation by you. Put them on the list and be happy."

Best Practices Dealing with your fellow posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Let's move away from the ignore feature conversation lest anyone begins to think they are the target of these comments. :tyou:

What about if its on a signature that informs everyone if they dont respond to you it could be because they are using the ignore function?

I for one am interested in following the Julie Schenecker trial. That Fox judge, I forget her name, covered some of it Saturday night...and it's in Florida so hopefully I'll get to see some of that. It does upset me though that two kids were stabbed to death in their Philly row home last week and there has been very little attention to that. Sorry for the O/T I'm just not very good at sleuthing in real time, especially with a fulltime job but I do like to read about and follow cases that are ongoing when I get home from work (or surrepticiously..a word I learned from this case! at work)

I just read an email from a mom who is desperately looking for her son and wants help. She is posting on the forum and here's a link to her son's thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144697"]CO CO - Joshua Ryan Thurlo - 25 years old -Arapahoe County - 17-Jun-2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

JMO
I am so sorry to read this. I had never seen this happening...newcomers are just that...new. No different IMHO than the old timers (lol)...and very much welcome.
oxoxox

I am so sorry to read this. I had never seen this happening...newcomers are just that...new. No different IMHO than the old timers (lol)...and very much welcome.
oxoxox

I think everyone feels that way in the beginning. Like walking into a room and you do not know a soul. Takes awhile until you feel comfortable. I felt that way, too, because I was new but it was only for a short while and everyone was friendly so I stayed. There really are some nice people here. jmo

Closing this thread now. It was never meant to be a discussion thread for posting differences and complaints.

Please, if you have issues, contact a mod and let them know. We really are here to help.

Thanks,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members