Found Deceased Jack DeBord, 15, Scotts Valley, 16 June 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did he hitch a ride with the "wrong" person? Did he run off with a buddy or a girlfriend? 8:35am is in broad daylight -- seems to me, it would be difficult to pick up someone against his will, or to accost someone and hurt him if he didn't comply with whatever. If he fell ill, and wandered around and fell on the ground somewhere, wouldn't he have been noticed by now? He was in a residential area. Attacked at the bus stop -- in bright sunshine?

I'll bet his fingerprints aren't even on file (and why would they be?) -- in case he or his body is found somewhere, or to trace where he might have gone or been taken. Weird and scary.

But maybe it will end okay -- maybe he just took a walk-about.

SCOTTS VALLEY — Scotts Valley Police are looking for a 15-year-old boy who went missing sometime during a bus ride to work on Sunday.

Jack DeBord, 15, was scheduled to work a 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. shift at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, but never showed up, his family stated in a Facebook post.

Jack usually rides the number 35 bus, but it is not clear whether he got on the bus.

He was last seen leaving his neighborhood on foot at 8:35 a.m.

Jack is described as 5-feet, 10-inches tall and 145 pounds. He has brown eyes. He was wearing khaki pants, a dark polo shirt and black skate shoes.

Police seeking missing Scotts Valley teen

I thought I'd take a look at the "Find" FB page, and it was gone. I was so hopeful. Then I did a google search, and I was so upset. Then as I was posting the info, I refreshed the page and saw that @GuyfromCanada had just posted the info. This is just so, so sad. I was so hoping @siliconrod was correct, and that Jack would be home soon. He was way too young to lose his life. RIP Jack.

Oh, my, how sad. Maybe he had asthma and had a bad episode. Perhaps a heart or liver defect that had not been detected or some weird virus. Whatever, that smiling, handsome young man is gone. No one who loved him will ever be the same. Ever.

Rest in Peace, young Jack, and strength and love to his family and friends.

According to the Scotts Valley Police Department on Facebook, 15-year-old Jack DeBord was last seen on video in his neighborhood. The video shows Jack as he headed towards a bus stop on Mt. Hermon Road to go to work in Santa Cruz.

It appears that Jack was going about his normal routine and then tragedy struck very quickly.
Is this a case of self harm or some kind of accident. I hope answers are forth coming.
I was not expecting this. RIP Jack,

According to the Scotts Valley Police Department on Facebook, 15-year-old Jack DeBord was last seen on video in his neighborhood. The video shows Jack as he headed towards a bus stop on Mt. Hermon Road to go to work in Santa Cruz.

It appears that Jack was going about his normal routine and then tragedy struck very quickly.
Is this a case of self harm or some kind of accident. I hope answers are forth coming.
I was not expecting this. RIP Jack,
Nor was I expecting this -- it could be that he saw something, went to see whatever, and took a very bad fall. Maybe he was hit by a car -- hit and run. I'm hoping for answers, too.
Just a tragic loss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami
Back