Jail Video 2/9: Tommy Croslin, Hank Sr. Part 1 & 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would hope that Hank Sr could take this time to learn how to read.

I think the sunglasses and sniffing are because Hank's run down, depressed, and weeping a lot because, let's face it, it's been a BAD year. He probably does still take something for his leg--hopefully something non-habit forming.

He will get work, hopefully, a sit down job. He can work and certainly can learn to read in night school or church. He's just an emotional wreck right now and in a family full of parasites. He probably ought to get to a YMCA and see if he can use a weight machine and a whirl pool--maybe LP will help out with that.

I also remember mom saying that LP had paid for some food. But she some what down plays their good fortunes so as not to aggravate MC.

:twocents:

I'm sorry. I completely misunderstood you. I think. Are these your posts?

Yes, those are my posts. One of the first posters on the thread had made mention of how he pronounced epidurals and I was just saying it was funny to my medical ear.

I meant no offense to you or the other poster. If you took it wrong, then I am sorry. I will go back to reading only here. Thanks to all for the insight on this sad, sad story.

I think the sunglasses and sniffing are because Hank's run down, depressed, and weeping a lot because, let's face it, it's been a BAD year. He probably does still take something for his leg--hopefully something non-habit forming.

He will get work, hopefully, a sit down job. He can work and certainly can learn to read in night school or church. He's just an emotional wreck right now and in a family full of parasites. He probably ought to get to a YMCA and see if he can use a weight machine and a whirl pool--maybe LP will help out with that.

I also remember mom saying that LP had paid for some food. But she some what down plays their good fortunes so as not to aggravate MC.

I guess you are right. I have trouble believing that because my own father might have visited me once, maybe not, but that would have been it. if I got myself into a mess he didn't pet me and love on me and help me out. Course I never even had a parking ticket, but I am sure he would not have set foot in the jail or accepted my collect calls. I'm not saying he was right, just explaining why I can't feel empathy for Hank's feelings. They are very different than I experienced.

I do think he knows that his kids are probably going to prison for a good while and it hurts him. And you are right, his life is at rock bottom and he's disabled and his wife keeps getting arrested and...crap, now I feel sorry for him again. I hope LP will help him get clean and find work. It has to be someone strong and able to protect themselves because the Croslin family will use and abuse kind hearted people at this point. Someone like us would mean well but would end up with a wrecked car, a missing gun, and all our dish soap gone. Let Lenny handle it.

I'm sorry I talk so much. Just put me on ignore if you need to.

Yes, those are my posts. One of the first posters on the thread had made mention of how he pronounced epidurals and I was just saying it was funny to my medical ear.

I meant no offense to you or the other poster. If you took it wrong, then I am sorry. I will go back to reading only here. Thanks to all for the insight on this sad, sad story.

Aw NewsJunkie, don't leave. If I had a nickle for every time I ticked someone off for an innocent remark I would own this thread.

Here, have some snacks but don't step on the scale tomorrow . This morning mine said "One of you will have to get off" and it was only me!

So you have a medical background? You have a lot to contribute here when we get on the med issues.

Okay back to the topic. I feel extremely sorry for the Croslin's, and sadly this is not something that goes on just in Putnam county Florida. I live in a middle class neighborhood but 15 minutes up the road on both sides are people just like the Croslin's, and I feel that as the economy gets worse so will things like this. However with the Croslins you can't simply blame the economy, their situation has been passed down from generation to generation and sadly the cycle will probably continue. Their lack of education, as well as no one taking a leadership and disaplinary role in the family has contributed to where they are now. BUT!!!!!! In the same respect I also feel that we are all capable of rising above our "raisin" and that each of them made a choice and it has been the wrong choices.
As far as the video goes, one thing that raised my eyebrow was when Tommy said "tell Misty I love her, and that he wanted to see her" but in the tape with Lyndsey from the other day he tells lyndsey not to speak to Misty or even look at her cause she is a liar...
Also why do these people not know how much time the are really looking at? the maximum minimum is 25 years not 3 years.

I feel bad for the whole family, not just because they are sitting in jail, but because Hank Sr and Lisa got married and couldn't read or write. They go on to have kids, and can't make ends meet because how do you support your family if you can't take a job that requires you to read? This started way back before Misty met Ron. This is 2010 and we are watching a father talk about not being able to read, and he is what, 40? Now you add in drugs, desperation, a small town, bad influences, and you got this pot that is boiling today. I don't know how you dig yourself out of something like this. The whole family needed help years ago, and the only reason it has come to light is because a little girl in the same kind of family got hooked up with them and went missing. This is truly an American Tragedy unfolding and the sad part is we have many family like these all over the USA. Hank gets in a car accident and the other driver has no insurance. Do you think Hank has health insurance, no.... So the only help he is going to get is pills. My epidurals cost $17,000 a treatment. That is what my Doctor bills my insurance. He doesn't get that, but if I didn't have insurance, I would be like Hank and on pain meds. He is on unemployment now, when it runs out, he can apply for disability. That takes two years to get to a court, sometimes longer. In the mean time, what will he do? I don't know the answer, but until you walk one mile in their shoes, you can't judge them. I think LP is giving them a car and phone money to make sure they can communicate and talk. He is keeping the lines open for LE, other wise, you wouldn't be viewing these tapes, they wouldn't have a way to the jail or money on the phone.
My broken wrist and I thank you for typing all of that.

Thank you for the clarification. I'm sorry. Just goes to show how little is conveyed by the typed words at times.

Someone like us would mean well but would end up with a wrecked car, a missing gun, and all our dish soap gone. Let Lenny handle it.

LOL!

I agree about Lenny, too. If anyone can get Hank to mend his life, maybe he could. I think mom has parasite-tendencies going too far back in her lineage to change. I doubt Misty could change. I know a few of these types myself, and currently live in WV where there are plenty of parasites. Basically they are just looking for a free ride, and are stubborn.

While this family is coming to God, they might want to look in the bible for the part about, "you reap what you sow."

Okay back to the topic. I feel extremely sorry for the Croslin's, and sadly this is not something that goes on just in Putnam county Florida. I live in a middle class neighborhood but 15 minutes up the road on both sides are people just like the Croslin's, and I feel that as the economy gets worse so will things like this. However with the Croslins you can't simply blame the economy, their situation has been passed down from generation to generation and sadly the cycle will probably continue. Their lack of education, as well as no one taking a leadership and disaplinary role in the family has contributed to where they are now. BUT!!!!!! In the same respect I also feel that we are all capable of rising above our "raisin" and that each of them made a choice and it has been the wrong choices.
As far as the video goes, one thing that raised my eyebrow was when Tommy said "tell Misty I love her, and that he wanted to see her" but in the tape with Lyndsey from the other day he tells lyndsey not to speak to Misty or even look at her cause she is a liar...
Also why do these people not know how much time the are really looking at? the maximum minimum is 25 years not 3 years.

Denial? Or really bad math skills. Also I think they give a lot of credence to the jailhouse lawyer grapevine which is often wrong.

Actually the mandatory minimum is based on the amount of drugs they were caught trafficking.
Tommy is correct when he states 3 yrs. man. minimum to his father. His charge is 4-14 g which carries the 3 yr. mandatory minimum sentence.
14 g but less than 28 g has a 15 yr. man. min.

28 g but less than 30 kg has a 25 yr. man. min.
All of the charges also include fines in the sentence.

I am not clear if you get any time cut off for good behavior or can serve a partial sentence-I didn't get that far into researching since they have not been sentenced yet. For the same reason I didn't do any research to find out if the sentences are served consecutively or concurrently.

Now this sort of manipulative type thing that Tommy says is one reason I'm so suspicious of him. I do not understand why no one ever questions if he has an alibi for after the time he supposedly went by the trailer that night. From the few things that Misty has told LE about Tommy it seems like they might be grilling her about him specifically. He is right smack in the middle of everything that went on before Haleigh went missing, the very day and night of, and now in all the drug dealings, yet he doesn't even seem to suspected by anyone on the talk shows, interviews, etc. He's suspected of maybe helping Misty but never as one that might have done something to Haleigh.

Just have to add this. It is silly to blame individuals for not being able to read. Learning disabilities would prevent this skill unless special reading programs were used. Our schools in the USA have done little to help these particular children in the past. Its a shame, that educational standards here do not insist on programs to insure reading. Combine that with poverty, parents who are not interested or concerned and its a terrible situation. JMO

I don't feel one bit sorry for any of these people.

It kinda chipped at my heart a little bit, when after the dad got up and walked away, Tommy stayed on the phone- I think maybe he was trying to compose himself before going back to his cage?

I don't know, he just looked so lost, so alone... it pulled at my 'mommy' heart-strings.

I figured I'd be shot if I said that but I agree. I'm not a mommy but it pulled at my heart strings too. I know I know, they are not good people and trust me if it was Ron or Misty doing that I wouldn't care. Tommy just seems like he needs help, drug rehab, not prison. Of course I personally don't think he had anything to do with Haleigh being missing or whatever so I have a little empathy for him. If I'm wrong than I'm glad he is in jail and hope he stays there. I just think in a case like his rehab would be better than jail time. That is the point right... rehabilitation.

Now this sort of manipulative type thing that Tommy says is one reason I'm so suspicious of him. I do not understand why no one ever questions if he has an alibi for after the time he supposedly went by the trailer that night. From the few things that Misty has told LE about Tommy it seems like they might be grilling her about him specifically. He is right smack in the middle of everything that went on before Haleigh went missing, the very day and night of, and now in all the drug dealings, yet he doesn't even seem to suspected by anyone on the talk shows, interviews, etc. He's suspected of maybe helping Misty but never as one that might have done something to Haleigh.
My suspicions are with Timmy most because it was his and Chelsey's van that was moved and scratched, he is the one that high-tailed it out of Florida and doesn't want to come back.

Tommy was involved in the first deal on Dec 22. He was not present when the others occurred. In fact, in the beginning of the Jan 20 video, Misty tells UC that she saw her brother going in the store and didn't want him to see her. As for an alibi, he must've provided LE with a darn good one because after his release, LE still maintained Misty was the key.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsHansford24
Back