Jailhouse Interview September 11, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says they agreed???

In jail it is usual for a visitor to attend during visiting hours, provide ID, say who they wish to visit...and in they go. The 'inmate is brought out to see the visitor. I do not think they are told in advance who is there to visit !!! JMO

JMO, but in AE's defence, I guess the majority of people (myself included) don't know the routine when you visit someone in jail. Not everyone knows what it's like. MOO :moo:

When asked the question, he answers with a question ... common evasive technique.

I don't agree..... people that answer questions with questions often feel they are not being believed and they reply in such a way to question the questioner....as if to make the questioner re-evaluate their question.

I will answer a question with a question if someone is being annoying for example.... nothing evasive...merely a type of response based on the initial question.

ie./ Q-Did you put your seatbelt on today?
A- I put it on everyday, why would I not put it on today?

Not evasive...merely questioning... IMO MOO

Well obviously he feels he is innocent... why is that creepy? I would be hoping it were 'just a phase' if I were an innocent locked up too....

:dunno: You will have to ask Molly why she felt creeped out.

Are you sure he feels he's innocent? I don't believe we have heard from the horse's mouth yet. Just because DP says he has pled innocent, doesn't make him innocent. I'm feeling the Crown and LE found otherwise. MOO, I can imagine to be seated across from someone, separated by only a pane of glass who could possibly be a serial killer, yes to me that would be creepy. HTH. MOO

JMO, but in AE's defence, I guess the majority of people (myself included) don't know the routine when you visit someone in jail. Not everyone knows what it's like. MOO :moo:

Fair enough... I guess I have answered that question for you now then. :winkaway::genie:

:dunno: You will have to ask Molly why she felt creeped out. MOO, I can imagine to be seated across from someone, separated by only a pane of glass who could possibly be a serial killer, yes to me that would be creepy. HTH.

Maybe she should have stayed at home then.... with such a weak stomach... :doh:

JMO

I don't agree..... people that answer questions with questions often feel they are not being believed and they reply in such a way to question the questioner....as if to make the questioner re-evaluate their question.

I will answer a question with a question if someone is being annoying for example.... nothing evasive...merely a type of response based on the initial question.

I see what you mean and how it relates to Smich. If he made it clear he isnt talking then why would she ask such a specific question about a very secretive procedure of spilling and dealmaking? It is annoying. Reminds me of Larry King.

About the agreeing to the visits, Molly indicated in that podcast I posted that they did not agree to it, they walked in for a visit and found her there.

I see what you mean and how it relates to Smich. If he made it clear he isnt talking then why would she ask such a specific question about a very secretive procedure of spilling and dealmaking? It is annoying. Reminds me of Larry King.

About the agreeing to the visits, Molly indicated in that podcast I posted that they did not agree to it, they walked in for a visit and found her there.

Yes they are both in very precarious positions and probably feel like they are in a circus.... waiting for the show to start when they get dragged out to perform....

and yes..... I can only imagine what they thought when some total stranger comes to visit and then declares that they are a reporter from the Spec.....

That, to me is putting their defense in jeopardy, as she could very well twist their words.... (I mean even MS's answer in the form of a question has already been ripped to shreds).... and I think it was a stupid move by this Molly individual. JMO

Yes they are both in very precarious positions and probably feel like they are in a circus.... waiting for the show to start when they get dragged out to perform....

and yes..... I can only imagine what they thought when some total stranger comes to visit and then declares that they are a reporter from the Spec.....

That, to me is putting their defense in jeopardy, as she could very well twist their words.... (I mean even MS's answer in the form of a question has been ripped to shreds).... and I think it was a stupid move by this Molly individual. JMO

:floorlaugh: Did someone hold a gun to DM and MS' head and tell them they had to sit down, pick up the phone and talk to Molly? I would like to believe it was their choice as I am certain they have that right.

Maybe DM thought Dee had finally showed up. He was hoping for a conjugal visit. :winkkiss: Must get pretty lonely in segregation you know.

Molly seems very intelligent and brave to go face to face with potential serial killers. I would imagine she very much enjoys her job, her career choice; must get pretty exciting at times even if she does find some things creepy. MOO

Who says they agreed???

In jail it is usual for a visitor to attend during visiting hours, provide ID, say who they wish to visit...and in they go. The 'inmate is brought out to see the visitor. I do not think they are told in advance who is there to visit !!! JMO

I believe an inmate can also refuse to see a visitor.

That, to me is putting their defense in jeopardy, as she could very well twist their words.... (I mean even MS's answer in the form of a question has already been ripped to shreds).... and I think it was a stupid move by this Molly individual. JMO

I don't know how much she would twist their words (the Spec reporters, so far, have been some of the truest compared to many others IMO, which is incredible considering they are a Hamilton paper and this story stems from their stomping grounds where the emotions are highest I would imagine), but I do laugh thinking about <modsnip>

I believe an inmate can also refuse to see a visitor.

Well, who in their position would just turn and walk away from a stranger? What if this stranger were to stand up upon introduction and declare she has the evidence to get them out of this life-altering pickle? To a dude in solitary, where imaginations must run amok if there is insomnia to boot, they may just be holding out for such a person to be sitting in the visitor's chair. And Molly indicates they state they can't talk, but they linger. She made interesting comments in that podcast interview.

As in SL's? LB was in possession of his he said. That was one reason why he tried to contact her. according to him. :O

I wondered where the ipad, her purse, her watch and jewellery would be. I liked the ipad idea as the flat metal object.
For sure, someone must be talking to look down a well and be so thorough.
It is a bit of a coincidence that this farm search came at the same time it looks like MS has a new lawyer. Don't know that for sure, as he could have sent a junior from his firm.
You talk, I walk.

Well, they put up the three ring tent and brought the "circus to town"
TB didn't, SB didn't, LE didn't.......

They had another option.......

Yep, add her and Dee to the Crown Witness list.......

Molly saw DM as attractive, charming, seemed collected and articulate. Hmmm sounds like she's describing Ted Bundy IMO. DM gave Molly the impression jail is just a phase. Creepy feeling... I can only imagine.

http://m.soundcloud.com/am900chml/molly-hayes-sat-down-with?in=am900chml/sets/scott-thompson

Well if she had said that DM was an ugly, repulsive, uncollected, and unintelligible, it might have helped his case. After all, Tim Bosma probably wouldn't have gone out on a test drive with someone like that.

I don't just pull this stuff out of thin air BQ ... little bit of forensic psychology 101 al la Buller and Burgoon and others :floorlaugh:

2.4. Interpersonal deception theory (IDT) strategies and tactics

IDT (Buller and Burgoon, 1996) was developed to explain and predict deception and its detection in interpersonal contexts. As part of that theory development, Buller and Burgoon (1994), Burgoon, Buller, Guerrero, Afifi, and Feldman (1996; see also Jacobs, Brashers, and Dawson 1996, and McCornack 1992) proposed a series of general strategies and specific tactics that deceivers may employ to manage the information in their messages and
to evade detection. Tests of IDT (e.g., Buller, Burgoon, Buslig, and Roiger 1994, 1996;

Burgoon et al. 1996), along with prior research and a recent meta-analysis (DePaulo, Lindsay, Malone, Muhlenbach, Charlton, and Cooper 2003), have served to clarify what strategies and specific verbal indicators may be valid.

They can be summarized as follows: ...

(d) relevance manipulations &#8211; deceivers may give responses that are semantically indirect (e.g., forms of polite speech) or irrelevant (such as irrelevant details). They may also be syntactically indirect (e.g., following a question with a question).
<snip>

When a question can be answered Yes or No, and folks dance around it, it can be considered a form of manipulation.

I don't just pull this stuff out of thin air BQ ... little bit of forensic psychology 101 al la Buller and Burgoon and others :floorlaugh:

When a question can be answered Yes or No, and folks dance around it, it can be considered a form of manipulation.

(d) relevance manipulations – deceivers may give responses that are semantically indirect (e.g., forms of polite speech) or irrelevant (such as irrelevant details). They may also be syntactically indirect (e.g., following a question with a question).

RSBM
BBM, kind of like the 'I go out of my way not to step on an ant' phrase we've seen before in a certain jailhouse letter....

[/b]

I don't know how much she would twist their words (the Spec reporters, so far, have been some of the truest compared to many others IMO, which is incredible considering they are a Hamilton paper and this story stems from their stomping grounds where the emotions are highest I would imagine), but I do laugh <modsnip>
:giggle:

No need to generalize all Websleuth users, DM has a respectably-sized defense contingent here, or else these threads wouldn't be nearly so long. <modsnip>

But being creeped out by a case where an innocent man went for a test drive and ended up a pile of ashes a few hours later is a normal reaction.

Well, who in their position would just turn and walk away from a stranger? What if this stranger were to stand up upon introduction and declare she has the evidence to get them out of this life-altering pickle? To a dude in solitary, where imaginations must run amok if there is insomnia to boot, they may just be holding out for such a person to be sitting in the visitor's chair. And Molly indicates they state they can't talk, but they linger. She made interesting comments in that podcast interview.

Don't you think someone should be dealing with LE then if it comes to life altering evidence? At least that is to whom I would run should I be sitting on something so life altering. What's DM to do with that info? If it's physical evidence, he wouldn't be allow to accept it anyhow. Verbal; not sure how he would get anyone to believe him of course unless everything is recorded and videoed. MOO

Don't you think someone should be dealing with LE then if it comes to life altering evidence? At least that is to whom I would run should I be sitting on something so life altering. What's DM to do with that info? If it's physical evidence, he wouldn't be allow to accept it anyhow. Verbal; not sure how he would get anyone to believe him of course unless everything is recorded and videoed. MOO

Of course a person in such a position should go to police but I am illustrating that the curiosity of the secluded and presumably hopeful detainee would not allow them to walk away from any visitor before finding out why that person wanted to visit. Hth. :seeya:

IMO ...I agree with SillyBilly.....#1 way to avoid a straight answer is to answer with a question...seen it all the time as I worked in Special ed classes most of my life...and dealt with behavior Problem students...I f you want to believed>>> why not answer 'YES or No' ..IMO way more believable than being snarky ...or a smartass....and why did they bother having a REPORTER come to visit to say I gotta a story ..advised not to talk now ...ROL ...MS says I will tell ya when this is over....YA from your orange jump suit for life ...IMO...robynhood!...guess that is one way out for a solitaire confinement cell .....IMO...I SHM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321