LA Jan Todd and Jodie Toney. Disappeared after Dancing. Bossier Parish. 10 August 1995.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PastTense

Reaction score
"Jan Todd and Jodie Toney enjoyed country-and-western dancing.

It was one of the last things the Bossier City woman and Shreveport man were seen doing in 1995 before they disappeared into the night.

Their whereabouts remained a mystery until five years later, when employees of a sand and gravel supplier unearthed a pickup truck while removing dirt and gravel piles on a property that was, then, recently leased.

The bed of the truck contained a pair of skeletons which were later confirmed as belonging to the missing dance partners.

But how did they get there?"

Who killed Jan Todd and Jodie Toney?

"Obviously, if one were to think about it, there’s only a couple of people… I mean, you’d have to know – either have keys to a dump truck, know how to operate the machine and then have access to that land," Wooten said.

Exactly what I was thinking. Someone had access. Someone had skills. Could have been the same person or 2 coworkers, 2 friends, etc. She was single and who was interested in her at the time? He was married but separated. A love triangle?

Was robbery the motive? Since his family owned a store someone may have recognized him...Did the suspects get help getting rid of the car and the witnesses who could identify them...

I am local to this case and have visited his families stores many times. I find it strange that they were found in the bed of the truck, instead of the cab
I thought that was odd initially too. It makes me wonder if they were murdered, loaded into the truck and driven there. Or, did they go there to party, but when discovered, were murdered. Seems like trespassing would be a big leap to murder without other extenuating circumstances.

I am local to this case and have visited his families stores many times. I find it strange that they were found in the bed of the truck, instead of the cab

So am I and have a personal connection to this case. I knew Jan Todd. Her oldest son was my best friend at the time. I spent so many nights at his house as a kid, I've lost count. He has a younger brother, also. You may even, see my comments among the many local articles. I've been asking them why they haven't solved this case for years. So much that when Emily? did the most recent article, she contacted me to ask me about it all.

Jan's sons deserve to know what happened. It breaks my heart that it's been so long with no apparent suspects. I'll push this case until the days it's solved or I die, whichever comes first. Jan & Jodie were found maybe a mile(or less) from her home. You can literally walk there. Really makes me sick to think about. Jan's parents passed away without ever knowing what happened. I pray that one day's, her sons will finally know. It's the least they deserve. Jodie's family, too.

Oddly enough, around the age of 18 or 20, I met a girl who lived on that dirt road with her brother & rest of her family but it never crossed my mind to ask them about that case. Likely because I hadn't had my own child and then buried my own child at the time. It wasn't until after my own daughter passed away from tragic circumstances that I really started pushing this case. Those kinds of things really show you what's important when they happen... 7 years and 28 days since my daughter passed away. Been the hardest 7 years and 28 days of my life.

On my daughter's birthday, just 2 months and 10 days after she passed away, I had Jan's youngest son, a damn good tattoo artist who, works locally, give me a tattoo of my daughter's name. It's the only female name I'll ever have on my body and I couldn't have had a more deserving person do it. I knew immediately that I wanted to get it done by him and he did an amazing job considering how little I paid him for it. It was all I could afford but he still did an awesome job on it.

Last edited:
I thought that was odd initially too. It makes me wonder if they were murdered, loaded into the truck and driven there. Or, did they go there to party, but when discovered, were murdered. Seems like trespassing would be a big leap to murder without other extenuating circumstances.

Nah, you wouldn't have gone to an asphalt plant or whatever it is to party. That just doesn't seem logical. It was never a place anyone went, even 5 years after that happened, when I was partying age.

One place we did go, though, was the road leading to that plant. It was/is a long dirt road with no street lights and you could sit back there and drink, smoke dope, etc... I guess there's a possibility they were sitting back there and someone came upon them, parked on the side of the road. That's never crossed my mind, TBH.

I found this post while doing a web search for Jan & Jodie, as I do every so often to check for updates. Thank you for posting it here. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. The more people who see it, the better.

Edit: alright! Who's cutting onions in here!?! I'm not crying! You're crying! ;):D

Last edited:
I just found this case today by accident while on the internet. Reminds me of the Richard Patrone and Danielle Imbo case in Philadelphia except that neither they nor the truck have ever been found. This occurred about an hour and a half to two hours from where I grew up and yet I hadn't heard of it.

First I’ve heard of this case. Makes me wonder if they were followed by a jealous 3rd party who was following them and forced them to that location? How terrible.

''The pair went dancing at Tequila Willie's then ate at Sue's Country Kitchen before disappearing for five years. In 2000, their bodies were found in the bed of the pickup truck buried in a gravel pit in Bossier Parish.

The report prompted a viewer to contact KTBS with a tip. And that led detectives to name two persons of interest --- as well as pointing to yet another cold case homicide.
1699728749739.png
“At this point Kent Liles and Tommy Connor are persons of interest,” said Mack.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yedi
Back