Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Developments #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
someone else talking now......

this mroning new developments since last time of news conference...

for specific timing and values tokyo power compoany will release those

I do not know how the Japanese people can stand it. I've got a terrible sick TheWorldIsGoingToEndOMG feeling in my stomach, and I am no where near there. I'd have died within a day from mere fright ffs.

Thousands of them don't have access to the news, I don't think. Ignorance is bliss. :(

Presser discussing #4 reactor fire. No fuel rods in this reactor, but has spent fuel rods. They are heated and hydrogen generated. Currently burning.

Guardian live-update of address so far:

2.05am: Prime minister Naoto Kan has begun his address to the nation by asking people to listen to his message calmly.

According to the translation by broadcaster NHK he warned: "Radiation has spread from these reactors and 'the reading of the level seems high'. There's still a very high risk of further radioactive material coming out."

He has asked anyone remaining in the 20km evacuation zone around the number 1 plant and the 10km zone around the number 2 plant to leave. Hundreds of thousands have already been evacuated.

He a said workers were "putting themselves in a very dangerous situation" to try to contain the problems. He again requested people to remain calm.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/15/japan-nuclear-crisis-tsunami-live

#4 reactor has a fire going on
at time of quake #4 was out of operation
ther ei sno fuel rods in it.. but spent rods are still inside
spent fules are heated and hydrogen is generated and hydrogen explosion that we saw with 1 and 3 occured with #4 so it's currently burning
in case of #1 and #3 outer buildings were blown off.. with #4 reactor fallen objects fell in it

Assume that radioactive substances being released from number four reactor due to hydrogen burning. Trying to put out fire and cool it down.

4 is on fire, at time of quake 4 was out of operation, no fuel rods in it , but used spent fuels are still in it, burning, seems to be a hydrogen ?, fell into # 4 reactor, (objects), radio actives substances also being released (assume), trying to put out fire and cool it down.

hydrogen is being generated we assume Raduio. substances being released
#4 is releasing substances
trying to put out fire and still trying to cool it

with regard to #2 sound of blast was heard this morning it was 30 minutes after #4

#4 reactor is on fire. Making utmost effort to put out fire and to cool #4 down.

I guess they are going to write this whole plant off. Now saying to evacuate to 10M at the #2 plant. Evacuate to 20M at the #1 plant and from 20M - 30M stay inside.

as for #2 hole was obserbvved in #2 so we are saying to public.. very little posiblity of hydrogen explosion

part os supression chambed caused blast sound and some radio active substand is assumed to have been released
smoke was seen in #2 reactor building probably damage from hydrogen and water came into contact and steam is hydrogen

123 reactors water injection still going on smoothly
cooling is being effective

next problem is how to maintain cooling we need to deal with this as well as fire at #4

Levels of radiation that can impact human health.

as of 10:22 am radiation levels

between reactor 2 and 3 30 millisivert

100 miliseivert values at #4

larger than microsievert

at 10:22 PM last night - #2 reactor had 400 MILI seivert (bigger than micro sievert) and #3 had 100 MILI sievert (but that was LAST Night)

At 6AM 800 staff that remained - all but 50 have been evacuated. 50 staying are directly involved in the water injection.

levels can impact human helath

Process this info calmly

readings were from close by plant as you get further out readings will go down

6 am staff that remianed at plant 800 all but 50 were evacuated

#2 blast, 30 minutes after incident at #4, hole in number 2 reactor, suppression chamber caused blast. Little amount of radioactive substance released. Extreme smoke probably hydrogen and water coming in contact. 1,2 and 3 water injection continuing smoothly, we believe cooling is effectively done but hoe to keep it up. Radiation level, as of 10:22 am.........38ms, 400ms #4.100 ms. Larger than micro, levels can impact human health, digest info calmly. 6am, the 800 staff in plant, all but 50 have been evac'd.

Just when I thought I understood the microsievert - they go to milisieverts.

Boy am I getting an edumacation here.

Stay indoors with the windows shut, don't use ventilation systems, do laundry inside.

with new developments
move from 20 km radius to 30 km readius do NOT go outdoors
Keep windows shut do not use ventilation equip. If you hang laundry hand inside

further form power plant syou get radiation level becomes lower

Stay indoors, keep windows shut, do not use vent., hang laundry indoors. The further away you move the lower the radiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC