Japan - Miyazawa family of 4 murdered, Setagaya, Tokyo, 30 Dec 2000 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Slazengers were ‘real’ sporting shoes in the 80s-90s. I played golf, and they had well known golf balls and clubs. However, I remember them being best known at the time as tennis shoes for pros. I don’t remember anyone of my age, in the US or abroad (among military members), wearing them, although the brand wasn’t unknown. Nike, Adidas, and K-Swiss were the thing in shoes back then (I graduated HS in 1988). In the early 90s, Puma also became a thing; Slazenger, never. It’d be interesting to know who the primary demographic for Slazenger shoe sales was back then.
About Slazenger being mainly used for tennis and that person of interest from Faceless… he said he was a tennis player right? Not a skateboarder or sports person but specifically played tennis for a team that went around Japan? I don’t really know much about shoes sorry but if Slazenger were used mainly for tennis that matches up.
I’d be interested to know the demographic here too!

Hi everyone sorry to just butt in here…
I’ve just registered after reading all of the three threads about this case. There are so many interesting points being made and I hope someday this poor family will get justice.

May I ask a question to @Incoherent? Your post about the Yokota school yearbooks after reading about FaclessPodcast’s theories really fascinated me, but you didn’t follow up about that... Did you find anything in those or anything else? I hope that is OK to ask and thank you!
Hello and welcome to WS!

To answer your question: yes. Much more than I ever expected.
It is against WS rules to mention a POI not named by LE so I will adhere to that. However every detail released by LE and otherwise actually proven about the killer (nothing speculative) fits one person and after weeks of looking into them (sometimes late into the morning) it is astounding how much he fits in every way. Shocking honestly.
I understand where Nic has been coming from completely. This is of course just my opinion with the current information we have to date.

Very happy to continue reading all the speculation and ideas here though. I’m otherwise learning lots of new things here and waiting for more information or a move by Setagaya city and Japan as a whole, as well as a FACELESS part 2!

Hi everyone sorry to just butt in here…
I’ve just registered after reading all of the three threads about this case. There are so many interesting points being made and I hope someday this poor family will get justice.

May I ask a question to @Incoherent? Your post about the Yokota school yearbooks after reading about FaclessPodcast’s theories really fascinated me, but you didn’t follow up about that... Did you find anything in those or anything else? I hope that is OK to ask and thank you!
I myself did a deep dive through the 2000 yearbook and noticed some very interesting things. I’d highly recommend everyone on this thread who leans towards Nic’s theories take a look themselves. Curious to see if we all notice the same clues.

Hello and welcome to WS!

It is against WS rules to mention a POI not named by LE so I will adhere to that. However every detail released by LE and otherwise actually proven about the killer (nothing speculative) fits one person and after weeks of looking into them (sometimes late into the morning) it is astounding how much he fits in every way. Shocking honestly.
I understand where Nic has been coming from completely. This is of course just my opinion with the current information we have to date.

Very happy to continue reading all the speculation and ideas here though. I’m otherwise learning lots of new things here and waiting for more information or a move by Setagaya city and Japan as a whole, as well as a FACELESS part 2!
Incoherent, thanks for providing the initial link for the yearbooks. They also pop up via Google search. May I ask if your POI is in the 2000 yearbook? I think I noticed a lot of things in that one that back up Nic’s theories. But I’d greatly appreciate your insight. Thank you for all your contributions to this thread!

I myself did a deep dive through the 2000 yearbook and noticed some very interesting things. I’d highly recommend everyone on this thread who leans towards Nic’s theories take a look themselves. Curious to see if we all notice the same clues.
Just jumping back on this to say: of course, I welcome anyone / everyone doing their own research. Though I have my own view, I've enjoyed hearing everyone else's across the 2+ years of this thread. But for anyone who is planning on the above, I would respectfully request that you don't contact or reach out to the people in those books. There's a lot going on offline that I'm unable to discuss here but I would very much deeply appreciate that.

@FacelessPodcast, just been catching up on the last two threads after not visiting for a while. Wondered if you could clarify something. Apologies if I have just missed it.

As far as I was aware, this is where you were at with the sand:
1) Police found traces of sand that had a similar makeup to sand from both an area in Japan and California
2) You took samples of sand from 2 areas of California, one being outside the airbase
3) Your expert confirmed that each sample was very distinct from each other

Yet several times in the last two threads you have implied that the killer had traces of sand from a military base in his bag as if this is now fact. Have I missed some other information? Just to throat clear, completely aware you have much more knowledge about this case than anyone on this thread. Just that for me, unless forensically the sand in the bag has been compared with the sand you found and is the same, there is still no concrete evidence he was on the base in California. Only speculative.

Also a side note, after living in Japan only 20 minutes from the scene for the past 6 years, I finally saw a poster of the faceless man at Akasaka Station. The poster looked very new too, so wondering if there has been a recent initiative.

As always Nic, thank you for the great work and interaction and very keen to read/hear more of your work.

Hello and welcome to WS!

Wow OK thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. And the welcome!

Not a question for Incoherent here but continuing with this angle I have read some comments about the killer not being an American military brat because of his diet… but wasn’t it proven through his DNA he is definitely Asian and likely Korean? As someone Asian myself but born in Australia I don’t just eat Australian food because that’s where I’m from… I grew up on Vietnamese food made by my mother. So if the killer is Asian-American then couldn’t he also have the same upbringing? Does his diet have to be typically American for him to be American…?

Also a side note, after living in Japan only 20 minutes from the scene for the past 6 years, I finally saw a poster of the faceless man at Akasaka Station. The poster looked very new too, so wondering if there has been a recent initiative.
RSBM. Thank you, @TokyoSleuth, for this new piece of information. Do you know what is notable about Akasaka station or the area around it? Is it a key station for transferring to a particular line or direction? Is it linked to Yokohama? Does the area around the station have specific demographics, such as a higher percentage of immigrants, or any other distinctive characteristics?

From what I know, Minato is a melting pot of various cultures and businesses, with a vibrant nightlife. The area features a notable presence of Chinese restaurants, from small eateries to poshy-poshy ones. While Minato is very cosmopolitan, there is also a notable presence of Chinese immigrants. Could you confirm that it's still the case?

Do you know what is notable about Akasaka station or the area around it?
My assumption is that it is because it is on the Chiyoda line which connect through to Odakyu line. The Odakyu line has stations which are an easy walking distance from Soshigaya Park so it is natural that stations along that line would display the poster. Nothing to do with demographics.

@TokyoSleuth
I also saw one at Uguisudani Station the other week:
Uguisudani is on the upper side of Yamanote right? Quite far from Setagaya.

Uguisudani is on the upper side of Yamanote right? Quite far from Setagaya.
Yeah in Taito-ku one stop before Ueno and it backs Ueno park. About 40ish minutes from the closest station to the Miyazawa house. I was surprised to see it there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas
Back