Japan - Miyazawa family of 4 murdered, Setagaya, Tokyo, 30 Dec 2000 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I recall correctly… the house next door had the two parents, the grandma and the son, and the house directly opposite was also occupied too. And only one bang through the entire thing?

That’s… quite something.

It’s possible to sleep through all the noise if the TV is on or you’ve taken medicine for sleep or something I guess? Astounding nothing else was apparently heard though I’ve gotta say.
Both the lack of sound production or the apparent lack of sound transmission give rise to more threads for assumption in my view.

Do you mean this in the case of foreigners going to Japan? Since 2007 (I think it was!) all visitors and those going to Japan to work or study, etc, are fingerprinted at immigration before being allowed to pass through on the first time they enter the country.
Or do you mean this in another scenario?

Edit: I believe their photograph is taken too.

Japan is becoming an old society. So their migrants ratio is going to increase. The issue, as everywhere, will be economic disparity, and with this, property crime. I foresee it shaking their DNA laws.

Do CIA operatives plant the American flag after a covert operation? Or drop a Nike sneaker haul? No.

It is very likely the killer always meant to dispose off his clothes, hence the ease with which he left them behind knowing it cannot possibly be traced back to him. There is a strong possibility that he was dressing up to allay suspicions, instead of wearing his regular clothes.

4) Food choice is again a weird argument. I don’t think you can get any meaningful insight from one single meal. Even tourists go to other countries and try the local cuisine, and Americans regularly eat foods of all ethnicities even in their home countries. This argument isn’t very meaningful.

I should add that I am quite open to the killer being a random Japanese guy. Nothing ties this to a foreigner with any clear certainty. But your points, to me atleast, don’t justify that hypothesis

Respectfully, I would expect CIA operatives to flush after themselves and not leave their DNA around the house.

Most of this is generalization, but I would still state some obvious fallacies here.

1) No clear indication the killer speaks Japanese.

2) The house is not on some off the beaten path.

3) This crime is a planned kill. How long it was planned for, we don’t know. But no one randomly comes with that attire and a knife and two hankies without the intention to kill. So I dunno why anyone would assume the clothes are the killer’s regular clothes and not some red herring?

I don’t know about Japanese
Agree with the beaten path
I don’t know about the planned kill. It seems that the killer knew something about the family, true.
Sometimes I wonder if the person who came was suicidal and planned to kill himself in front of the family. Mentally, I see him walk in through the front door and putting on slippers because he is Japanese. But…something goes differently, he leaves (very angry), waits, gets into the house via the bathroom window, annihilates the family and then stays because if he is caught in the house, he still has the knife to kill himself. Then the emotional state is gone, and he leaves.

By the way, what happened to the second knife, does anyone know? Was it found in the house, or disappeared? If it was in the house, did he take a new knife with him?

Last edited:
Respectfully, I would expect CIA operatives to flush after themselves and not leave their DNA around the house.

I don’t know about Japanese
Agree with the beaten path
I don’t know about the planned kill. It seems that the killer knew something about the family, true.
Sometimes I wonder if the person who came was suicidal and planned to kill himself in front of the family. Mentally, I see him walk in through the front door and putting on slippers because he is Japanese. But…something goes differently, he leaves (very angry), waits, gets into the house via the bathroom window, annihilates the family and then stays because if he is caught in the house, he still has the knife to kill himself. Then the emotional state is gone, and he leaves.

By the way, what happened to the second knife, does anyone know? Was it found in the house, or disappeared? If it was in the house, did he take a new knife with him?
In this case we should assume Mikio knew his family’s killer then, since he walked through the front door…?

December 30th 2000 was a Saturday and during the end of year holiday period… and it was said that Rei, Niina, and Yasuko were all in bed. Niina apparently had a cold as they had bought medicine that day and she was sleeping in the parent’s bed with her mother.

At 11pm on a Saturday who is Mikio willing to let inside his house unless he knows them personally, and in that case… the TMPD would’ve found him through connections surely? Be it a work colleague or acquaintance it is likely he’d be found right?
I find it highly unlikely Mikio is letting a stranger through the front door under these circumstances and at that time of night… especially since he had trouble with people around his house as reported.

I don’t think the killer went through the front door… and I don’t think they knew their killer, but the killer had crossed paths with them or seen them at some point. But I do think it’s possible he could have left through the front door.

About the knives from what I understand both were found in the kitchen.

Japan is becoming an old society. So their migrants ratio is going to increase. The issue, as everywhere, will be economic disparity, and with this, property crime. I foresee it shaking their DNA laws.
I don’t understand all the ins and outs of it but from what I’ve read from Faceless’s posts there has been a push from Setagaya city about the current DNA laws to be overturned for the sake of resolving this case…

Maybe it will happen sooner? After all the statute of limitations in Japan was abolished due to this case too…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back