Japan - Miyazawa family of 4 murdered, Setagaya, Tokyo, 30 Dec 2000 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes. @FacelessPodcast did some research that was confirmed by some former US servicemen.

There is a long standing, active treaty between the US and Japan that allows the US to bring in military staff and their dependents outside the authority of the Japanese government. These people enter, and leave Japan solely under US military auspices.

As a result, an individual connected to the base could commit the murders, then depart, with out the Japanese knowing it.

Though I have a completely unfounded suspicion that the Japanese could be given a courtesy copy list of the names and place of assignment of the people the US brings in for base staffing purposes, the entry and departure of these people are not subject to Japanese review.
Do you know if family members of military members are subject to customs declaration? I've tried researching, but not coming up with answers. I ask in relation to the amount of money taken from the Miyazawa home. I've wondered if the killer took only an amount, combined with what he personally owned, that wouldn't be subject to customs declaration. While it may seem trivial after committing such a horrible crime, I wonder if he was careful not to put up any possible roadblocks to his departure. I remember travel in the late 90's being kind of a pain regarding customs. Flight attendants really pounded the point, almost to the point of scaring you. I wonder if the military on the base may have also impressed upon this issue. If he was a younger person, this might have been overly impactful.

The amount of money the killer took, and left behind has been one of the main sticking points for me. I feel like there's a major clue regarding this subject.

The Yakuza theory makes no sense whatsoever. Such clumsy kills with such an inadequate weapon rules that out in my view. Also why would he knowingly leave behind his fingerprint and stuff behind if he is a career criminal or even a wannabe criminal . Seems not too feasible

Do you know if family members of military members are subject to customs declaration? I've tried researching, but not coming up with answers. I ask in relation to the amount of money taken from the Miyazawa home. I've wondered if the killer took only an amount, combined with what he personally owned, that wouldn't be subject to customs declaration. While it may seem trivial after committing such a horrible crime, I wonder if he was careful not to put up any possible roadblocks to his departure. I remember travel in the late 90's being kind of a pain regarding customs. Flight attendants really pounded the point, almost to the point of scaring you. I wonder if the military on the base may have also impressed upon this issue. If he was a younger person, this might have been overly impactful.

The amount of money the killer took, and left behind has been one of the main sticking points for me. I feel like there's a major clue regarding this subject.

Yes, I would think custom forms would have to be filled out especially when travelling private and not in active military service.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back