Japan - Miyazawa family of 4 murdered, Setagaya, Tokyo, 30 Dec 2000 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Although it's minor, the most odd thing to me is the train schedule still attached to the fridge (via magnet?). Everything else in the kitchen appears to have been stripped, inventoried and packed into boxes. As a parent of 2 children similar in age to the Miyazawa's, there was most definitely children's art, projects, pictures etc. on that fridge. And, I find it impossible to believe the Miyazawa's kept nothing on that fridge door other than that flimsy schedule. As we know the killer was in the fridge and freezer, at the very least, the probability exists that he came into contact with that paper. In that regard, it should've been put into evidence.
I can't imagine they would have left that paper there if it carried any trace of the killer. In fact, I think it's more likely it was simply left due to its irrelevance to the killer. He might well have looked at it, or not. But what they've left is things belonging to the children, for obvious reasons, that the killer didn't come into contact. Same goes for the piano, various other things seen in the An Irie video. We know that the TMPD are all in favour of acquiescing to the City's desire to tear the house down citing that all evidence is logged and that the house is completely recorded via 3D models.
Another schedule that TMPD seems to place importance on, is the night's TV schedule. It's one of the most prominent points from the case on the TMPD website. While I understand its relevance, I don't understand its prominence regarding the case?
Is it one of the most prominent points on the website? From memory, it's the last thing on their information appeal document, right at the bottom--the language used attempting to jog the viewer's memory. Of course, at the time it was compiled, this would have been far more useful than it is today. As you say, if I were going to trim anything from that PDF, it would be the TV listing. To put it another way, I don't think there is any prominence regarding the case.
I've often wondered if TMPD has left things for the killer as a trap. To me, the whole premise of keeping the house up has meant something.
As I understand it, they don't actually want to leave it standing at all. Perhaps initially they might've thought the killer would return. But it's been 24 years and the only reason it's still standing is because of An Irie.

Thank you!

1) did the Miyazawas have curtains or blinders on their windows? From the photo with the policeman it would appear that the one on the left (of which only half is seen) is covered from the inside?
You’re welcome!

The house had curtains, however the window you see there is the toilet and both the bathroom and toilet have slightly frosted glass for obvious reasons. You can see in this picture of the house the windows all had mosquito coverings too which obscure one half of the window.
IMG_3599.jpeg

Re: the train schedule, since it’s there from the press day I don’t think it had any relevance other than, as discussed, to perhaps jog people’s memories the same as the tv schedule on the PDFs.
About things being taken if it had any evidence, you can see in this picture the top drawer from the cabinet in the living room is still missing. I believe that might be one of the drawers found on top of Mikio (unsure here) but had the documents from it dumped in the bath, or it was rummaged through, so it was never returned to the house.
IMG_3598.jpeg

Even in 2020 the house was already falling apart, and in An Irie’s interviews she almost berates the city and police about wanting to demolish it before the case is solved. However now that the house isn’t being used for collecting evidence etc and has just been left to stand alone I wonder how long it has left before it becomes a hazard for the people that use Soshigaya park or one big earthquake makes it collapse. Here’s the state of the kid’s bedroom back in 2020 and also a picture of the entrance that I just found interesting because we rarely get to see that angle. Note the windows have been covered up to prevent being able to see inside through the curtains.
IMG_3601.jpeg
IMG_3600.jpeg

A.I. is a conundrum. She doesn’t want the house to be demolished “while the case isn’t solved”, which I presume must mean that she thinks at some point it will be helpful to the investigation. Maybe for a “walk-through” by a jury during a trial or something? Meanwhile, there is likely ample DNA awaiting her consent (24 years on and counting…) to be privately tested so that we can know who the killer is. I tread lightly here, but the idea of a very thankful killer is inescapable to me.

Over the years on this case, I’ve come to the conclusion that the most likely theory regarding a suspect is Nic’s. But with any theory, how does the above fit in? Is it just a coincidental bit of life, messy as it often is, or is it an integral part of this case? An essential piece of the puzzle? Is there a connection so hidden that it would be, essentially, impossible to know for anyone but perhaps A.I. herself? Something silent. Perhaps a fear of a connection?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back