Found Deceased JAPAN - Trevor Balint, 34, from Hubbard, Ohio, missing from Yokota Air Base, 1 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think we can assume that LB and BB slept in separate bedrooms all the time, and that there may have been a relationship problem. There may be a reason they did this particular night....wife was annoyed he came back so late, wife didn't want to be woken up maybe due to needing to get up early, maybe he snored heavily, etc.
I don't think, ...for now..., this has any bearing on his disappearance.

FEB 9, 2021
NE Ohio man goes missing from Japanese air base | wkyc.com
The U.S. Department of Defense is investigating the disappearance of a Trumbull County man who had been working for them as a substitute teacher in Japan up until last November.

[...]

So far, officials have not found any new leads, according to Stars and Stripes.

When he left “ to look for the cat”, what if he took the opportunity to stash some running shoes and athletic clothing, (maybe another phone and some cash), at the vacant garden home? His strange behavior prior to his disappearance, phone reset and belongings left at the garden home make this appear to have been well planned. Unless he isn’t the one who reset the phone.

Trevor seems to me like a guy with some time on his hands, no kids to take care of, very under employed and working only part-time before he quit his job. Did he have hobbies or a side job? Did he spend a lot of time away from home but not with his wife?

Idon’t mean to imply anything nefarious but these are just questions that come up when someone disappears. I truly hope that he wasn’t a victim of foul play, but if he was, someone did a good job of setting him up.

Being a fan of espionage movies and addicted to Websleuths gives me all sorts of theories. MOO

If you look at the Yokota Air Base FB page, there is a comment by LS, with a screenshot
re: TB's advertisement.
May not have anything to do with his disappearance, unless he needed funds for something.

His mother-in-law seems to be saying that he has not accessed the funds and that base command is aware of the transaction. It does seem a bit unusual but could well be purely coincidental.

A pretty out-there idea but here goes... it is an air base... the base’s own social media shows larger cargo planes landing and taking off from there, but I’m not sure where they would be headed to? The biggest challenge for regular stowaways on commercial flights is gaining access to airport facilities which are usually very well secured. But if you’re effectively living at one, well that’s half the problem solved. No shoes, no jacket? Obtain some military issue kit and blend right in.

You never fully know someone's state-of-mind. Even if it's your husband.

Sleeping seperately could mean he was already distancing himself from her. (I am not speculating on her being involved, just the mere fact that he left al his belongings behind makes me think he does not want to be found. IMO)

The empty cans of Cuhai (12% alcohol), suggest that he drank on that spot were he left his stuff.

I do not suspect foul play at all. I hope his wife and the family get some news on possible new leads very soon. Its been 9 days since he disappeared...

I don’t know how they build apartments on the base, but Japanese apartments all have at least a tiny foyer to leave shoes and change to slippers, and there is a cabinet built in pretty much every apartment and home I saw. Leaving shoes outside is not ever done.

Booze in Japan is mostly higher alcohol (even the beer) and readily available in all the vending machines... I associate chuhai with girls! It is a cute drink...

I don’t know, it kind of seems iffy, like he planned this and needed courage (chuhai) and ran off with someone. But then again, he does not have his papers/passport?He is tall and will stand out. It is not clear.

......But then again, he does not have his papers/passport?He is tall and will stand out. It is not clear.

Interesting point above. I wonder if his passport is at home or is missing? We know he doesnt have his wallet (presumably with his military ID card to get on base and possibly a stateside drivers license and credit/debit cards) but where is his passport? Still in a safe place at home or is that missing?

Panhypopit said:
I associate chuhai with girls! It is a cute drink...

Also interesting. I consider things like wine coolers for example "girly drinks" as well, though some men do drink them. Is Chuhai normally his drink of choice, I wonder?

On the separate bedrooms. I can’t imagine separate bedrooms for my husband and I , but we have close friends who due to snoring even with CPAP and also odd work hours keep separate bedrooms. They are happy and i get the feeling it doesn’t make a difference in “fun” time.
I am a snuggler and like my husband close but not everyone likes that.

When he left “ to look for the cat”, what if he took the opportunity to stash some running shoes and athletic clothing, (maybe another phone and some cash), at the vacant garden home? His strange behavior prior to his disappearance, phone reset and belongings left at the garden home make this appear to have been well planned. Unless he isn’t the one who reset the phone.

Trevor seems to me like a guy with some time on his hands, no kids to take care of, very under employed and working only part-time before he quit his job. Did he have hobbies or a side job? Did he spend a lot of time away from home but not with his wife?

Idon’t mean to imply anything nefarious but these are just questions that come up when someone disappears. I truly hope that he wasn’t a victim of foul play, but if he was, someone did a good job of setting him up.

Being a fan of espionage movies and addicted to Websleuths gives me all sorts of theories. MOO
BBM There is not much to go on from his FB but I get the impression that's he's adventurous, outdoorsy, and likes animals. And okay, I'll say it...I can't imagine him deserting Mr. Waffles! :(:oops: MOO

116491706_10103164852991522_1876610372391666688_o.jpg

Photo 1: Trevor Balint | Facebook
Photo 2: Mystery surrounds DODEA substitute teacher’s disappearance from US air base in Tokyo - Pacific - Stripes

According to the release, Campbell assured Ryan that the military and Japanese authorities are “doing everything in their power to find answers and bring an end to this nightmare for the Balint family.”

Also in the release, Campbell confirmed he and his staff regularly communicate with Balint’s wife.

“… I will continue to closely monitor this situation and remain in close contact with military leadership at the Yakota Air Base and the Balint Family,” Ryan stated in the press release.

In a video posted on a social media page called “Find Trevor Balint,” Balint’s wife Britni pleaded for the Japanese government and Col. Campbell to increase their efforts in the search.

Britni Moss Balint said Trevor was last seen at 1:30 a.m. Feb. 1 at their residence on the east side of the air base near Mendel Elementary School, the school where he teaches. He was wearing a gray short-sleeve T-shirt and did not have his cellphone, wallet or keys.

“…I would like to ask the community to continue in the efforts to search for Trevor and spread awareness until every person who has access to Yakota Air Base is aware of the ongoing search,” Britni said. “Trevor, wherever you are, please come home. I miss you so, so much.”

According to the social media page, Britni and her friends are distributing flyers about the missing man on and around the base to ensure there is 100 percent awareness.

Britni’s mother, Denise Mott, of Brookfield, said she is trying to get an emergency visa to be with her daughter in Japan. Mott said she is receiving help from both Ryan and U.S. Sen. Rob Portman’s offices.
International search launched for missing man from Hubbard

As someone who LOVES to sleep alone and feels suffocated when sharing a bed, I don't see anything weird about a couple not sleeping together. But I like to sleep alone, so I'm sure this detail feels odd to most people. Maybe it's just the way they are and there's nothing more to it.

Britni Moss Balint said Trevor was last seen at 1:30 a.m. Feb. 1 at their residence on the east side of the air base near Mendel Elementary School, the school where he teaches. He was wearing a gray short-sleeve T-shirt and did not have his cellphone, wallet or keys.

Wait, initially the reports stated he taught at a high school level. Then there were reports he stopped being employed as a DODEA teacher altogether (at his own request) this November. Now there is a reference to him teaching (in the present tense) at an elementary school? There’s sure been a lot of muddled messaging around his disappearance.

Who leaves to teach without identifying information. How did he enter the building? How would he pay for lunch, or coffee? No keys? He did not need keys for a locker, his class room, to maybe lock his bike...

I find it odd that he was a teacher and his attire was a t-shirt. I would think that at least a polo and chinos would be expected, or something a tad less casual than a t-shirt.

With people so attached to their phones, that is so odd.

The three things you need when you leave the house... and bam, he left behind? Stinks...IMHO

Wait, initially the reports stated he taught at a high school level. Then there were reports he stopped being employed as a DODEA teacher altogether (at his own request) this November. Now there is a reference to him teaching (in the present tense) at an elementary school? There’s sure been a lot of muddled messaging around his disappearance.

I think this is just sloppy reporting based on the earlier misreport which DODEA then corrected. The writer clearly didn’t check because, as you note, DODEA quickly clarified that he finished teaching in November at his own request. That same article (and the statement from the Senator too) consistently misspells Yokota ”Yakota” so the writers are all half asleep.

Who leaves to teach without identifying information. How did he enter the building? How would he pay for lunch, or coffee? No keys? He did not need keys for a locker, his class room, to maybe lock his bike...

I find it odd that he was a teacher and his attire was a t-shirt. I would think that at least a polo and chinos would be expected, or something a tad less casual than a t-shirt.

With people so attached to their phones, that is so odd.

The three things you need when you leave the house... and bam, he left behind? Stinks...IMHO

Don’t forget it was 1:30am, the school wasn’t open, he wasn’t headed there to teach, and (from the map) it is very near the accommodation tower where he lives - in fact it could almost be line-of-sight depending on which of the towers is number 4305. I don’t necessarily think it’s strange he was hanging around there, especially if this was a plan to run off, or a self-harm scenario (taking a last look at his old workplace, then popping home to take a look at his wife who maybe he presumed would be sleeping - she “saw” him well enough to see he didn’t have his jacket, but there’s no reports they spoke). The problem I’ve got with this being self-harm is that by now he surely would’ve been discovered - the base isn't a jungle, military bases aren’t designed for easy hiding out, and they have had investigators on this for more than ten days now.

It's midnight here, I'm really tired but I just wanted to mark my spot on the thread and say that I finally got around to watching the video of his girlfriend... It was a bit odd IMO. I found it so strange she had the music playing in the background and it almost seemed like she was trying to force emotion. I found it a little bit creepy tbh. I'm so sorry if this sounds offensive, just offering my late night loopy thoughts!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch
Back