Jason Young arrested and charged with murder

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Otto: Not sure what your angle is, but I don't believe anyone on this site has purported to have known Michelle personally, and it really doesn't matter whether we did or didn't.

We're all empathetic to the tremendous suffering and grief that Michelle's family and others like them have experienced. I'm sure most of us here are religious to some extent, and as such, we have a genuine desire to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort. It is only natural to earnestly want to see justice prevail.

Some people can't comprehend why we spend a great deal of time here discussing these cases, but to me personally, it's therapeutic to some extent. We see the tremendous damage that has been caused, and we genuinely want the perpetrator to atone for it.

I got involved initially with the Janet Christiansen Abaroa case. Though I didn't know her personally, she was a fellow member of my faith, and like the Young and Cooper cases, I could not understand for the life of me why a father would or could ever take the life of his children's mother. It's incomprehensible to me, hence, my interest in following and contributing.

Though seemingly insignificant, I can personally testify that these boards are reviewed regularly by local, state, and federal law enforcement. Our insight is invaluable, for we often provide angles that LE has failed to consider.

To this end Otto, please know that no one is here for the limelight. To impugn someone's genuine interest and concern is beyond petty.

TSG - I also have to say that every post I have ever read by you, I never once read were you stated you knew Michelle. All of your posts have been informative and respectable. This is my opinion: Don't let one person who apparently was either in a bad mood or just likes to "pick fights" get your goat, you are TOO good for that. Thanks for all of your interesting posts.

Otto: Not sure your angle is, but I don't believe anyone on this site has purported to have known Michelle personally, and it really doesn't matter whether we did or didn't.

We're all empathetic to the tremendous suffering and grief that Michelle's family and others like them have experienced. I'm sure most of us here are religious to some extent, and as such, we have a genuine desire to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort. It is only natural to earnestly want to see justice prevail.

Some people can't comprehend why we spend a great deal of time here discussing these cases, but to me personally, it's therapeutic to some extent. We see the tremendous damage that has been caused, and we genuinely want the perpetrator to atone for it.

I got involved initially with the Janet Christiansen Abaroa case. Though I didn't know her personally, she was a fellow member of my faith, and like the Young and Cooper cases, I could not understand for the life of me why a father would or could ever take the life of his children's mother. It's incomprehensible to me, hence, my interest in following and contributing.

Though seemingly insignificant, I can personally testify that these boards are reviewed regularly by local, state, and federal law enforcement. Our insight is invaluable, for we often provide angles that LE has failed to consider.

To this end Otto, please know that no one is here for the limelight. To impugn someone's genuine interest and concern is beyond petty.

If it is true that persons investigating the case read these boards, then accuracy is a priority. If I were to claim that I was a friend of Michelle, or that I met her before her murder, investigators may include me as a witness in their investigation. It would be a waste of their time if in fact I was not being truthful. If I claimed to know the victim, others may give more importance to statements I made about the victim, and the case in general. If I was quoted as a friend of two murdered women, that could earn me misplaced sympathy, particularly if I had not met them and was little more than an avid participant in crime discussion boards.

Feel free to believe that anyone claiming to have known the victim is truthful. My only objective was to make the facts known. The facts are that one person claiming to have known the victim has been quoted in the media as a friend of two unrelated murdered women. People are welcome to draw their own conclusions.

The only facts that are considered for a criminal case trial are those heard by the jury inside the courtroom. Those are the only facts that are to be judged as true or not. Comments made on blogs, on the Internet, in the media, at parties, or anywhere else ultimately have no bearing on a case or the outcome of a case unless or until they become part of the record of the trial and testimony is spoken, heard, or submitted within the 4 walls of the courtroom, under oath.

The facts are that one person claiming to have known the victim has been quoted in the media as a friend of two unrelated murdered women.

Except of course those aren't the facts at all. The media/reporter(s) have written the reports, said the words and made the inference. TSG herself has not said those words directly--at least not that I've ever seen or heard and you haven't brought forth one piece of evidence to demonstrate she has. Showing a 3rd party (reporter) saying the words is not TSG saying the words. In fact, TSG has said she met M.Y. one time and never met N.C. Those ARE the facts.

If it is true that persons investigating the case read these boards, then accuracy is a priority. If I were to claim that I was a friend of Michelle, or that I met her before her murder, investigators may include me as a witness in their investigation. It would be a waste of their time if in fact I was not being truthful. If I claimed to know the victim, others may give more importance to statements I made about the victim, and the case in general. If I was quoted as a friend of two murdered women, that could earn me misplaced sympathy, particularly if I had not met them and was little more than an avid participant in crime discussion boards.

Feel free to believe that anyone claiming to have known the victim is truthful. My only objective was to make the facts known. The facts are that one person claiming to have known the victim has been quoted in the media as a friend of two unrelated murdered women. People are welcome to draw their own conclusions.

Geez - I believe the point has been made painfully clear that she never stated she was a friend. She was mislabeled / misquoted. It's immaterial. And yes, law enforcement has contacted members of the forum from time to time on this case and other nationally recognized cases. We're all aware of the risk of reporting inaccurate information. Let's move on.

Geez - I believe the point has been made painfully clear that she never stated she was a friend. She was mislabeled / misquoted. It's immaterial. And yes, law enforcement has contacted members of the forum from time to time on this case and other nationally recognized cases. We're all aware of the risk of reporting inaccurate information. Let's move on.

I understand, mistakes happen. A person interested in murders of women has been quoted by two reporters at two different times related to two different murdered women as a "friend". There is no reason to conclude that this person has any connection with either of these women because, as has been stated, it was a "misquote" and there was no friendship. Thanks for the clarification.

I was assuming the Fisher family knew it all by now. But sure, if it saves them additional grief and they're OK with a plea deal that avoids a trial then I certainly can't fault them that. They've been hurt enough...more than enough.

I'm sure they do know about everything there is to know. In the Wrongful Death case Linda saw all kinds of horrid photos of the crime scene. I just don't wish for her or Meredith to EVER have to see them or hear all the horrid details again.

I'm sure they do know about everything there is to know. In the Wrongful Death case Linda saw all kinds of horrid photos of the crime scene. I just don't wish for her or Meredith to EVER have to see them or hear all the horrid details again.

Sadly Topsail those horrid photos are imprinted in their brains from the moment they 1st saw them. There is no way they will ever be able to forget...imo

I can not imagine walking into my sister's home and finding her in the shape that Meredith did. After what I have read it was truly a vicious beating, in fact one of the worst the department had ever seen. This is her flesh and blood that she spent years growing up with. Then one day her good ole SOBBIL calls her to go to the home to retrieve a fax, he didn't even prepare her for any what if's. You know I can't get a hold of Michelle at work or home, something is wrong can you check on her. Nope he just needs her to pick up a fax he doesn't want his wife to see because it is for a present. Can you imagine how her mind had to shift and absorb that scene. I applaud her for how calm she was with Cassidy and the 911 operators considering what she was faced with. She will do an excellent job raising her in Michelle's memory.

Jason Young's next court appearance will be Thursday, 3-18-10

A Superior Court judge signed an order Thursday afternoon setting the date for what is called a Rule 24 hearing. That is the time that prosecutors tell the court whether they will seek the death penalty. The DA will need to argue there was at least one 'aggravating circumstance' in order for the judge to rule the state can proceed with the death penalty.

Was the murder especially heinous, atrocious, cruel or depraved ?

In NC, first-degree murder is punishable by either the death penalty or life in prison without parole.

"Eric Miller's family was a factor in the state's decision to not pursue the death penalty. They told prosecutors they would rather not have a capital trial."

Eric Miller's father. "We do want justice for our son, but as a family we just wasn't for the death penalty."
Willoughby said that the state listened to the victim's family.
"We listened to what they said and took that into consideration," Willoughby said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/113972/

It sounds like the Fisher's will have a big say in the death penalty decision.
I would guess they prefer no, because of Cassidy.

YOUNG-1216_ART_G46105IP4_1YOUNG3_NE.jpg

Oh wow, I just saw this news today.

Just dropping in from anonymity to say I am SO GLAD JY has finally been arrested!

Is it naive to wonder why it took so long?? I mean, I guess what I am wondering is what triggered this event, at this time. I'm sure LE has known it all along and been working so hard to build a case, so I understand why it would take time, but what I am wondering, does anyone know WHAT made them finally, finally able to go get him? Did something new come up or did they just give him time to see if he tripped up, etc?

This case sticks with me, because I have a daughter who is about Cassidy's age so when it happened and I heard it on the news is just haunted me. I felt from day 1 JY had something to do with it, and could not believe he would do it and let time go by knowing Cassidy was there alone with her mom. Can't get the thoughts of that poor baby out of my head.

Thank goodness, finally, justice for Michelle.

Oh, and one more comment. WOW, what Jason looks like now! The difference over a few years is shocking.

I never thought he was nice looking, but he looked like a yuppy, now he looks ....just.....like :loser:

Just dropping in from anonymity to say I am SO GLAD JY has finally been arrested!

Is it naive to wonder why it took so long?? I mean, I guess what I am wondering is what triggered this event, at this time. I'm sure LE has known it all along and been working so hard to build a case, so I understand why it would take time, but what I am wondering, does anyone know WHAT made them finally, finally able to go get him? Did something new come up or did they just give him time to see if he tripped up, etc?

This case sticks with me, because I have a daughter who is about Cassidy's age so when it happened and I heard it on the news is just haunted me. I felt from day 1 JY had something to do with it, and could not believe he would do it and let time go by knowing Cassidy was there alone with her mom. Can't get the thoughts of that poor baby out of my head.

The case was recently reviewed by Becky Holt, the DA that was on loan to another department (Fed) for a year. Witnesses were reinterviewed, information from the civil and custody cases were taken into consideration, and it was decided that there was enough to present to the grand jury. Although two investigators were available to present evidence, the GJ was ready to make a decision after only one had presented. It sounds like it was nothing more than fresh eyes on an old case.

It could be two years before the case goes to trial. TSG, you were asking when there would be a trial for Cooper. The date was set today: October 2010. That's 2 years after the murder of Nancy.

I agree, I knew from the first article I read on CNN that her husband had something to do with it. Deep in my gut. The FAX.....OH PLEASE...

I am just filled with gratitude and relief for the Fishers that they won't ever have to see this slayer free again...not another Xmas, not another birthday, never again will they have to hand over Cassidy to that monster.

And yes, I fully expect slayer to be convicted of the crime and locked away forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!