Jason Young to get new trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hose wasn't just dripping....it was slowly running, enough so that water puddled all over the surrounding ground. Trash bags were on the kitchen counter as well.

As for the trip.......I'm simply tired of debating this issue as well as other issues. That's why I don't post much any more. It's just become a back and forth exchange and everything has been beaten to the ground. Those of us here know how and why we feel and believe the way we do. Those, like myself, believe this trip was planned and JY intended to end the life of his wife and unborn son. He though he was smart.......but he ultimately got caught. It took more time than planned because Michelle didn't die quickly and he had to deal with Cassidy. He thought he could sneak in the house....of course Mr G didn;t bark......murder Michelle and quietly and quickly leave. Michelle altered this plan as well as his time.

I believe JY did this horrific act to his wife and unborn child. I can never forget the OVERKILL that went on for some time. He thought Michelle would die quickly, but she fought and fought all the while knowing this man, the father of her children, her husband was trying to take her life and ultimately he did indeed to this. He strangled her....just so she would die. Oh poor Michelle.....what must have been going through her mind as she fought her sadistic, evil husband. If she saw Cassidy her fear must have been a fear I can't even fathom.

RIP Michelle and Rylan.......I believe with every fiber of my being JY will stay right where he is and I hope and pray he suffers each and every day of his life.

It was very irresponsible of Jason to leave the hose running after completing his yardwork.

bbm. I can't speak to Cooper, and have no opinion about that case, as I did not follow it. I did follow Michelle Young's murder from the day it happened.

Please back up your statement that LE 'discounted and thus did not investigate evidence.' Like what? Do you have insight and were you privy to what LE investigated and what they did not? Please share facts.

Regarding justicefever's "character assassination" comments, e.g., about JY and BC both 'being jerks at times' etc., thus being the default suspects, do you really believe the husband's behavior is irrelevant? Do you not understand or agree that circumstances make up pieces of an entire situation? Are you suggesting that circumstances be omitted from consideration, and only direct evidence be considered?

I had no preconceived notions about a suspect when Michelle was murdered. For the longest time, there was absolutely no information released. Supposedly, "the husband was out of town" although that was never substantiated or solidly confirmed by official sources prior to the trial as far as I knew.

Then, the pieces came out: JY (conveniently) was out of town, but not very far away; his "hey Meredith, go pick up that expired auction printout from a Coach purse eBay sale at the house in the middle of the day" request; JY's refuseal to ever inquire about his wife's death or speak with any member of law enforcement; JY's first and only priority was to immediately hire attorney Roger Smith to CHA rather than to assist investigators; affairs with Michele Money et al; etc., etc., etc. (watch the trial for the hundreds of etc's), I could not come to any other conclusion.

I have no doubts that he did this. Whether someone conducted some tasks related to the murder afterward, I don't know and my mind is open. It's possible LE suspects another's involvement but cannot prove it (or gave someone else 'consideration' for testifying). I personally do not think anyone except JY committed the murder itself. But I do wonder where 2 specific individuals were that night and the next day (and I'm NOT referring to any members of MY's family).

I am grateful for NC's jury instructions about circumstantial evidence. Not all states use it, e.g., FL in some recent trials. Circumstantial evidence requires more "hard thinking," IMO, because you gave to assemble the totality of the situation piece by piece. It's not as easy as being handed a smoking gun. I wish more definition could be elaborated upon in regard to "reasonable doubt" to help jurors understand the concept. Any old "Joe" can let himself off the hook from making an unpleasant decision by hanging his hat on a red herring.

It was known from the very beginning that Jason was out of town , Meredith Fisher told the detectives and Jason provided LE with receipts. The exact location may not have come out until later, but it was always known he was away.

Young was not actively bidding on any Ebay auction, I don't know how many times this gets
stated incorrectly.

It was very irresponsible of Jason to leave the hose running after completing his yardwork.

Yes. I think this had to be another one of the state's possibile theories on how Cassidy was so clean. That Jason took her outside in the freezing cold and wet her down with a hose.
The same with the trash bags that were on the counter, trash day was scheduled for the next am in Raleigh, it could have very well been Michelle getting the trash ready that nite.
The trip was scheduled by his company, Young told Michelle and Shelly he would drive about half way and then spend the night. He also told them he was going to Cracker Barrel before he left.
He called along the way, every minute of his trip was documented and he was everywhere he was supposed to be. He was shown on video buying gas before he left town, he was shown on video at CB, he was shown on video at the hotel.

Know the one place Jason Young was never shown at?
In Kings, NC. at a gas station in the early morning hours of Nov. 3rd, 2006.

The hose wasn't just dripping....it was slowly running, enough so that water puddled all over the surrounding ground. Trash bags were on the kitchen counter as well.

As for the trip.......I'm simply tired of debating this issue as well as other issues. That's why I don't post much any more. It's just become a back and forth exchange and everything has been beaten to the ground. Those of us here know how and why we feel and believe the way we do. Those, like myself, believe this trip was planned and JY intended to end the life of his wife and unborn son. He though he was smart.......but he ultimately got caught. It took more time than planned because Michelle didn't die quickly and he had to deal with Cassidy. He thought he could sneak in the house....of course Mr G didn;t bark......murder Michelle and quietly and quickly leave. Michelle altered this plan as well as his time.

I believe JY did this horrific act to his wife and unborn child. I can never forget the OVERKILL that went on for some time. He thought Michelle would die quickly, but she fought and fought all the while knowing this man, the father of her children, her husband was trying to take her life and ultimately he did indeed to this. He strangled her....just so she would die. Oh poor Michelle.....what must have been going through her mind as she fought her sadistic, evil husband. If she saw Cassidy her fear must have been a fear I can't even fathom.

RIP Michelle and Rylan.......I believe with every fiber of my being JY will stay right where he is and I hope and pray he suffers each and every day of his life.

There's no evidence of what the killer was thinking. There's no evidence it was JY. There's no evidence he didn't want this child.
Oh, he told MY to consider an abortion when she was pregnant with CY, so that must mean he's willing to murder his wife and second child.... I'm sure many couples who get pregnant out of wedlock the topic of abortion comes up. Doesn't make you a murderer.

And if MY fought and fought, which there is evidence she did put up a fight, how did she not even put a scratch on JY?

There's no evidence that JY planned anything except for his business meeting.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

The trash bags only point to someone cleaning up...the two people whose footprints were near the body. We don't know who they were but two people were seen in an SUV at 5:30. That is the best evidence we have and it couldn't have been Jason because he was in Virginia at 7:40, had already left the hotel.

I don't think the hose has any significance as blood would have been detected had a person actually cleaned up with that hose.

I just don't buy that someone would premeditate a brutal slaying. If one is going to plan a murder, why not something cleaner? If I recall, Jason had recently gotten a gun for the home for protection so wouldn't he have been worried about her using it on him?

The State's story is just so far-fetched as far as all that would have had to go smoothly for his alibi to work. No one would seriously be dependent on a hotel room door to remain propped open all night for this to work. The clerk put a paper on the handle and didn't push it closed? No way. Not logical.

Then there's C. found clean, calm, not dehydrated, hungry, covered in blood after being alone for 10+ hours?

Why did he wait until 12:14 to call MF? He knows the child is alone but decides to wait until afternoon to call MF? It just doesn't make sense.

I believe with every fiber of my being JY will stay right where he is and I hope and pray he suffers each and every day of his life.

Would you have any qualms about putting an innocent man in jail for life for something he didn't do?

This quote bears repeating, IMO. The man is exactly where he should be.

I read upthread about the hose that was not completely shut off in the Young's backyard. I seem to recall that Jason was doing all sorts of yardwork on the last day that he was at home (before his wife was murdered). He was doing the yardwork because there was a possibility that his father in law would be visiting and he wanted the yard to look good ... but his father in law had cancer and was unable to visit. Since Jason was doing the yard, isn't it completely normal that he would have used the hose? Isn't it common that sometimes the hose is left dripping?

Why is that dripping hose now part of an imaginary scenario where Jason murdered his wife, then washed himself and his clothing in the backyard on November 2?

I agree, all well and good. How do we know this? Because JY said so? His words? His testimony? The dripping hose is not part of an imaginary scenario, it is based on HIS words. Subject to interpretation. You interpret it one way ( unclear when you crossed over.....maybe for the purpose of discussion?.......whatever) and others get a different read.

I agree, all well and good. How do we know this? Because JY said so? His words? His testimony? The dripping hose is not part of an imaginary scenario, it is based on HIS words. Subject to interpretation. You interpret it one way ( unclear when you crossed over.....maybe for the purpose of discussion?.......whatever) and others get a different read.

What did Jason say about the hose in the back yard?
How does the hose in the backyard relate to Michelle's murder?

My question remains the same, what evidence exists that connects JY to the murder of his wife and unborn son?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This quote bears repeating, IMO. The man is exactly where he should be.

What genuinely frightens me is how certain all of you are that believe this. I'm not saying he is innocent, I don't know. But your certainty, and the desire you have to see someone suffer who may be innocent, pains me for the state of justice in North Carolina and in the U.S.. I worry about being on the receiving end of circumstantial evidence for a crime that I did not commit. I worry about the meaning of "innocent until proven guilty".

What genuinely frightens me is how certain all of you are that believe this. I'm not saying he is innocent, I don't know. But your certainty, and the desire you have to see someone suffer who may be innocent, pains me for the state of justice in North Carolina and in the U.S.. I worry about being on the receiving end of circumstantial evidence for a crime that I did not commit. I worry about the meaning of "innocent until proven guilty".

I've basically said the same thing. He may or may not have done it, but he should've never been convicted based on the evidence produced at trial.

Would you have any qualms about putting an innocent man in jail for life for something he didn't do?

But that doesn't apply to JY,,,,I feel without a shadow of a doubt he is guilty as sin. What I don't get is people here keep calling him innocent, yet beat us up for calling him guilty.

I have read and studied everything there is to read, see, study, etc about this case. Many of you who so adamantly proclaim his innocence have not. Michelle's pitiful autopsy photos are forever etched in my mind....so many fractures they all just ran together. This beautiful, vibrant lady was viciously beaten. I began following closely the day it happened as I lived very close to Michelle's residence. There WAS evidence.....yes, circumstantial but still evidence. The jury obviously did what they were instructed they do. They looked at the totality of the evidence and put it all together. When put all together it makes a complete circle.....a circle of guilt.

Jason left the hose running after yard work? Give me a break.....Michelle had to almost beg him to mow the yard. They ONLY thing he did around the house was play with Cassidy.....I will give him that. Mentioning the possibility of an abortion before marriage has no bearing on this case at all. JY wanted to end Michelle's life.......poor baby Rylan just got in the way. JY never gave him an afterthought.

Jy treated Michelle like dirt on the floor. Do you honestly think close friends and family made this up?? Even some of the close neighbors had heard their screaming. But...and I stress but, this doesn't make him a killer. The totality of the circumstantial evidence makes him a killer. Mr G was a large Lab mix, very protective of Michelle. How in God's name did anyone other than JY get in that house, much less upstairs without him raising he%%? JY slaughtered Michelle with an element of surprise involved....she was in bed, probably asleep. Yes she fought.....would he have scratches if he attacked her from behind after he punched her so hard she fell out of bed. What if he wore gloves? What if he wore a certain long sleeve, heavy shirt? Of course he hadn't bid on an auction........the auction had ENDED. What better rouse to get Meredith there? I could go on and on..........but bottom line circumstantial evidence, especial when put all together point only to guilt.

Yes, I do have extremely strong feelings about this case and yes, I do hope this psychopathic murderer spends every minute of every day in misery for the rest of his sorry life! I urge you all to watch the video of JY playing basketball with his young "peeps".......watch his face as the reporter attempts to talk to him......watch him when he says "You came here for THAT?" Every time I see it I get tingles down my spine because this is exactly the respect and feelings he had for Michelle!!

But that doesn't apply to JY,,,,I feel without a shadow of a doubt he is guilty as sin. What I don't get is people here keep calling him innocent, yet beat us up for calling him guilty.

I have read and studied everything there is to read, see, study, etc about this case. Many of you who so adamantly proclaim his innocence have not. Michelle's pitiful autopsy photos are forever etched in my mind....so many fractures they all just ran together. This beautiful, vibrant lady was viciously beaten. I began following closely the day it happened as I lived very close to Michelle's residence. There WAS evidence.....yes, circumstantial but still evidence. The jury obviously did what they were instructed they do. They looked at the totality of the evidence and put it all together. When put all together it makes a complete circle.....a circle of guilt.

Jason left the hose running after yard work? Give me a break.....Michelle had to almost beg him to mow the yard. They ONLY thing he did around the house was play with Cassidy.....I will give him that. Mentioning the possibility of an abortion before marriage has no bearing on this case at all. JY wanted to end Michelle's life.......poor baby Rylan just got in the way. JY never gave him an afterthought.

Jy treated Michelle like dirt on the floor. Do you honestly think close friends and family made this up?? Even some of the close neighbors had heard their screaming. But...and I stress but, this doesn't make him a killer. The totality of the circumstantial evidence makes him a killer. Mr G was a large Lab mix, very protective of Michelle. How in God's name did anyone other than JY get in that house, much less upstairs without him raising he%%? JY slaughtered Michelle with an element of surprise involved....she was in bed, probably asleep. Yes she fought.....would he have scratches if he attacked her from behind after he punched her so hard she fell out of bed. What if he wore gloves? What if he wore a certain long sleeve, heavy shirt? Of course he hadn't bid on an auction........the auction had ENDED. What better rouse to get Meredith there? I could go on and on..........but bottom line circumstantial evidence, especial when put all together point only to guilt.

Yes, I do have extremely strong feelings about this case and yes, I do hope this psychopathic murderer spends every minute of every day in misery for the rest of his sorry life! I urge you all to watch the video of JY playing basketball with his young "peeps".......watch his face as the reporter attempts to talk to him......watch him when he says "You came here for THAT?" Every time I see it I get tingles down my spine because this is exactly the respect and feelings he had for Michelle!!

BBM

If the above bolded is true, then it is reasonable to state that most people that adamantly claim that Jason is guilty are simply unfamiliar with the facts of the case.

Again I'll ask, what is the circumstantial evidence that even sticks?

Neighbors hearing them screaming? Michelle and Jason's house was not even close to their neighbors, and if they heard them screaming, why didn't they hear anything the nite Michelle was murdered?,,,,Sorry, but no neighbors ever testified to such a thing., Can we please stay with the facts presented at trial?

BBM

If the above bolded is true, then it is reasonable to state that most people that adamantly claim that Jason is guilty are simply unfamiliar with the facts of the case.

Yes, Otto, I agree. I don't understand that comment either. Granted the case is almost 8 years old, but both trials are still online and there is plenty of information about the case here at Webslueths and other places.:dunno:

Thank you. I know you know this case very well, and I agree with you completely.

It seems there are posters who do not believe in the importance or validity of circumstantial evidence and will not assimilate it without direct evidence. It's hard to have a meaningful dialogue when faced with that point of view.

Circumstantial evidence is evidence, valid evidence!! And this case has a ton of it.

Maybe there should be a separate thread for "we believe JY is innocent" or "we require direct evidence in order to believe JY is guilty." Because otherwise, co-mingling mutually-exclusive belief systems is not very interesting or productive. I'm not intending to be snarky, it's just a suggestion because all this back and forth, e.g., "it's black", "no, it's white" is futile.

:seeya:

Thank you. I know you know this case very well, and I agree with you completely.

It seems there are posters who do not believe in the importance or validity of circumstantial evidence and will not assimilate it without direct evidence. It's hard to have a meaningful dialogue when faced with that point of view.

Circumstantial evidence is evidence, valid evidence!! And this case has a ton of it.

Maybe there should be a separate thread for "we believe JY is innocent" or "we require direct evidence in order to believe JY is guilty." Because otherwise, co-mingling mutually-exclusive belief systems is not very interesting or productive. I'm not intending to be snarky, it's just a suggestion because all this back and forth, e.g., "it's black", "no, it's white" is futile.

What about all the misinformation that is posted towards guilt, though, that isn't true or factual at all, just in this one thread?
1) Cassidy Young had no male doll to choose from @ her daycare...False
2) Jason Young's business trip was 2 hours away from his home. False
3) Young was actively bidding on an auction @ Ebay. False
4) The Youngs were having finanical troubles. False
etc, etc, etc.

Thank you. I agree with you completely.

Anyone that has followed criminal trials understands the concept of "circumstantial evidence". If there is one "ton" of circumstantial evidence, then I have to wonder why the question remains unanswered.

For example, which of the following is circumstantial evidence that Jason murdered his wife?

• Michelle Young was murdered. As part of any murder investigation, the husband should be excluded. Her husband was miles away, so he should have been excluded. Was he? If not, why not? After he was excluded, he was included. Why?

• There were two sets of adults sized bloody shoe prints at the scene.
  • There was a 2 year old child.
  • Blood smears on the inside of the bathroom door were photographed without a scale for measure.
  • It's possible that the child was placed in the bathroom after coming into contact with blood.
  • There was blood on the bottoms of the child's pajamas.
  • The child's feet were not bloody when she was found in her parent's bed.
  • The sheets were not collected, so it's unknown whether the blood wiped off on the sheets.
  • There were child's bloody socks at the scene - deemed irrelevant and not collected as evidence.
  • There were bloody sheets at the scene - deemed irrelevant and not collected as evidence.
  • The victim's teeth were left at the scene - suggesting that visible evidence was deemed irrelevant.
  • Photos were taken of the bathroom with blood, but no scale measure was included in the photos. Investigators returned months after the crime scene was released to photograph the bathroom with a scale, but the evidence was long gone.

• There is no evidence of Jason driving from the hotel to his home in the middle of the night - no gas receipts, no CCTV, no witness.
  • There is no evidence that Jason tampered with cameras.
  • It is ludicrous to suggest that Jason needed to prop open a door when the door was always unlocked at 6AM.
  • There is evidence that the hotel room door was locked through the night and that no one used the keycard to enter the room to collect the hotel receipt in the morning.

• Investigators became so involved in the case that they attended events organized by the family of the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141