Jason Young to get new trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A big problem with taking this purse printout as a genuine concern of JY and not a ploy is that he also printed out mapquest directions for his trip that evening and this was collected from his car and the time on that printout was after the purse print out so to me that is your evidence that this was a ploy and he deliberately left that purse printout on the printer.

Interesting. I hadn't heard that before.

Good point, Grammy Jean. And that too was in testimony. He had the mapquest directions with him and written on the mapquest printout in his handwriting, was MF's cell phone number, which he used to call her to go over to his house.

Wonder why he managed to leave the ebay printout but picked up those mapquest directions? Hmmm.... He printed them all around the same time, before he took off for his trip.

Good point, Grammy Jean. And that too was in testimony. He had the mapquest directions with him and written on the mapquest printout in his handwriting, was MF's cell phone number, which he used to call her to go over to his house.

Wonder why he managed to leave the ebay printout but picked up those mapquest directions? Hmmm.... He printed them all around the same time, before he took off for his trip.

Why would he need her cell number written down if he was in contact with her often, as claimed?
Why would he not have her programmed into his cell?
Unless she had just gotten a new number/phone or something, maybe.

Don't know, Nymeria. I just remember he had a phone number written on the map.

OK Justice....I respect your "calling me out." Point well taken.....we should respect and accept each other's opinions.

We are all here to share thoughts, opinions, and facts as we know them. You're right.....all we can do now is wait for the Court's ruling.

Although I do feel as if we're "beating a dead horse" so to speak as so many things have been said over and over.....and over again. By hey...this is a forum....right?

I hope you didn't take it personal, because it wasn't meant to be, and I do understand. Especially,if there is going to be 3rd trial and it sure looks that way since the appellate decision was unaminous, we need to try and get along. Even when it is frustrating, even when you feel like banging your head on the keyboard, lol. We are all allowed our opinions as long as we follow the rules.

Good post Boodles.

One question for the non-guilty: Where are/were the clothes he was seen in on the hotel video???

Was there ever an inventory of Jason's clothes that were taken when his SUV was seized?
What all was given back and what was kept? Is there a record I can view? Otherwise, there is no way
of knowing .
Can you imagine trying to find clothes you wore 2 years ago..

This post in 2012 by Tarheel8600 sums up many aspects of the case that came out at trial.

2 points I noted just from perusing it (it's a comprehensive list):

- There's one line that mentions MF took a polygraph test. That info must have come out somewhere for it to show up in Tarheel's list.

- Ebay and Mapquest printouts were printed at or around the same time. Only the mapquest printout was taken with JY. He left the ebay printout behind.

Did the police ever actually release information that Michelle's sister, Meredith had taken a poly?
Or, is it just rumor?
Because, either way it would be admissable and really doesn't mean much.

JMO

Was there ever an inventory of Jason's clothes that were taken when his SUV was seized?
What all was given back and what was kept? Is there a record I can view? Otherwise, there is no way
of knowing .

I was just lamenting today that I may have to throw out my "Team Russia" shirt from the World Cup of Hockey from 1996 :floorlaugh: (I am a Detroit Red Wings fan, we had "The Russian 5" back then so I was rooting for USA AND Russia).

I must be a rarity here, You all keep talking about not keeping shoes more than a year and trying to find clothing worn 2 years ago....I wear the hell out of all of my stuff!

I thought LE did make a listing of each item they removed both from JY's car and his luggage.

However, no list was presented during the trial itself. The actual items were shown, one by one, and talked about, but no itemized list was displayed or entered into evidence. During deliberations the jurors asked for a list of the items LE took out of JY's suitcase and maybe out of his vehicle too. The judge denied their request because no such list was in brought into evidence during the trial itself and thus jurors had to rely on their own notes. It would be an error to provide the jurors with a list that hadn't already been entered into evidence and given a Bates stamp.

Somehow that got morphed by Jason's fans into "OMG LE never created an inventory of items JY had when he got back to Raleigh!!!" And that is not at all what happened.

Did the police ever actually release information that Michelle's sister, Meredith had taken a poly?
Or, is it just rumor?
Because, either way it wouldn't be admissable and really doesn't mean much.

JMO

I tried to fix this........

Would you have any qualms about sitting a killer free?

Even if he did do it, he should've never been convicted on the evidence presented at court. Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The first jury couldn't convict him. The second jury was presented the same exact case, with the civil court rulings and daycare workers testimony added.

I'd rather 100 guilty men walk free than 1 innocent man spend a night behind bars.

Maybe the printout was for MF to see? Maybe it wasn't a ploy to get her over there to discover MY's dead body, just to get her over there to approve of the gift idea.

This post in 2012 by Tarheel8600 sums up many aspects of the case that came out at trial.

2 points I noted just from perusing it (it's a comprehensive list):

- There's one line that mentions MF took a polygraph test. That info must have come out somewhere for it to show up in Tarheel's list.

- Ebay and Mapquest printouts were printed at or around the same time. Only the mapquest printout was taken with JY. He left the ebay printout behind.

I call BS on the polygraph. It's a pseudo science. It doesn't really prove anything, and that's why it isn't allowed in court.

I thought LE did make a listing of each item they removed both from JY's car and his luggage.

However, no list was presented during the trial itself. The actual items were shown, one by one, and talked about, but no itemized list was displayed or entered into evidence. During deliberations the jurors asked for a list of the items LE took out of JY's suitcase and maybe out of his vehicle too. The judge denied their request because no such list was in brought into evidence during the trial itself and thus jurors had to rely on their own notes. It would be an error to provide the jurors with a list that hadn't already been entered into evidence and given a Bates stamp.

Somehow that got morphed by Jason's fans into "OMG LE never created an inventory of items JY had when he got back to Raleigh!!!" And that is not at all what happened.

Well, how come LE couldn't produce an inventory? My car has been impounded before. The police took an inventory of everything to the pack of gum in the cup holder, and I wasn't being investigated for murder, this was a traffic stop.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've been re-reading some info on this case and came upon this email between JY/MY. I think this is a great example of showing the real Jason Lynn Young,imo.

Michelle Young – “I know you are mad and I am really sorry. I know you have been doing a lot around the house and with Cass and I really appreciate it. I have just been really busy at work and I thought this is a slack time for you with your job so you could handle it.
Please give me a call — I want to know who is picking up Cass today

Jason Young – ” I don’t care who gets her

Jason Young – “I just got home and the *advertiser censored* power is out, I called progress and a crew is already out. Cass pissed herself all over the floor, it’s hot as hell inside and I can’t entertain her enough w/o tv to finish the godamn yard. I am taking beer and her to pool. I am in a mood that makes our trip to myrtle seem mild, pray the beer kicks in. I could kill u for not letting me finish the yard this morning

I'll admit there are a few things that bother me such as the mapquest if that's true but it's still not enough to counter the CE that shows innocence such as the gas mileage/receipts being consistent with his planned trip.

Re: MF polygraph - if she did take one, I don't think anyone ever learned the results. I can't imagine how she could have passed one when she had so many inconsistencies with her story. I won't list them unless someone requests that. I suppose if LE didn't question her about the specific red flags she could have passed. We have to remember that there were two people involved in this crime - two sets of footprints/two people seen at the house that morning. It doesn't fit with a JY crime.

Re: inventory list - it seems obvious that there's a problem with an official inventory list/chain of custody or they certainly would have presented it at trial. It could have been related to the timing of when they recorded the items. We know they grabbed certain items, such as the jeans from the luggage for blood testing but who knows how the other contents were preserved. We just don't know so it really isn't fair to hold him accountable for missing items.

Edited to add - They didn't even fill out a search warrant for the shirt he was wearing in the HI video until over two years later. Why did they wait so long?

Some unanswered questions to ponder -

If MF left the Ale House at closing, where was she from 2:30 until 3:37AM when she's seen on the Sheetz video in Fuquay? She called Colleen at 2:27AM and she said she called her on her way home. It's probably a 15 minute drive. Why did it take her 70 minutes to get to Sheetz?

MF definitely stated that Mr. G (dog) was in the house and she stated in early interviews that she saw bloody paw prints in the house - police never found any. The dog had no blood on him. How does one explain this?

How did C. get from the body/blood to the bathroom? There was no trail of bloody footprints. So she was lifted and placed in the bathroom but all of the prints are in one direction, all are dark and some are just the toes - as if she was transferred several times to make the prints. How can this be possible? If she had truly stepped in blood and walked to the bathroom, her feet would have mostly dried by the time she reached the bathroom floor.

The child wasn't able to dress herself at that age, yet she was found with no diaper, dry and wearing pants. She would typically wake up and remove her pants and diaper so the pants probably would have been inside out when removed. How did she fix them and put them on when this is not something she was able to do?

Her hands were in the blood based on the smears on the wall, yet no blood on her hands. The bathroom looks so staged to me. I can't believe more people can't see that.

Two sets of footprints/two people in an SUV at 5:30ish.

Then you look at JY and "He "could have" done it" isn't good enough. I would believe it if his mileage/gas receipts didn't add up but they did. Also, as someone mentioned - if the HI is the alibi, why doesn't he intentionally show himself on a lobby camera in the morning getting coffee? He is aware of cameras if he unplugged one of them so that is a real inconsistency/hole in the state's case to me.

Way too many problems with their case.

of knowing .

The shirt/sweatshirt in the hotel video was never found.

The family put out a pic of the shirt 'possibly' at a party... it wasn't the same one.

:jail:

That is why I asked the question... not remembering/finding now.

Some unanswered questions to ponder -

If MF left the 1. Ale House at closing, where was she from 2:30 until 3:37AM when she's seen on the Sheetz video in Fuquay? She called Colleen at 2:27AM and she said she called her on her way home. It's probably a 15 minute drive. Why did it take her 70 minutes to get to Sheetz?

MF definitely stated that Mr. G (dog) was in the house and she stated in early interviews that she saw 2. bloody paw prints in the house - police never found any. The dog had no blood on him. How does one explain this?

3.How did C. get from the body/blood to the bathroom? There was no trail of bloody footprints. So she was lifted and placed in the bathroom but all of the prints are in one direction, all are dark and some are just the toes - as if she was transferred several times to make the prints. How can this be possible? If she had truly stepped in blood and walked to the bathroom, her feet would have mostly dried by the time she reached the bathroom floor.

The child wasn't able to dress herself at that age, yet she was found with no diaper, dry and wearing pants. 4.She would typically wake up and remove her pants and diaper so the pants probably would have been inside out when removed. How did she fix them and put them on when this is not something she was able to do?

Her hands were in the blood based on the smears on the wall, yet no blood on her hands. The bathroom looks so staged to me. I can't believe more people can't see that.

5.Two sets of footprints/two people in an SUV at 5:30ish.

Then you look at JY and "He "could have" done it" isn't good enough. I would believe it if his mileage/gas receipts didn't add up but they did. Also, as someone mentioned - if the HI is the alibi, 6. why doesn't he intentionally show himself on a lobby camera in the morning getting coffee? He is aware of cameras if he unplugged one of them so that is a real inconsistency/hole in the state's case to me.

Way too many problems with their case.

BBM

1. Do you know which Ale house was she at? There are 2 in Raleigh.

2.Do you have a link for this? I don't remember reading that MF stated this. TIA

3.Of course she was carried and placed in there while the killer cleaned up. Just look at the crime scene photo. There are bloody foot prints on the wall. She was in there for a while. I think some foot prints are even on the back of the door, FWIR, I was in court the day they showed the crime scene of the house.

4.How do you what CY typically did? IIRC, from the testimony at trial, she was almost potty trained. Also there was urine in the toliet in MY bathroom. I think she peed in the potty.

5. How can JII hold what this "eyewitness" saw but yet don't believe Gracie?

6.See I think the opposite. IF he was there and got coffee like he said why is he not on camera?

I've been re-reading some info on this case and came upon this email between JY/MY. I think this is a great example of showing the real Jason Lynn Young,imo.

Michelle Young – “I know you are mad and I am really sorry. I know you have been doing a lot around the house and with Cass and I really appreciate it. I have just been really busy at work and I thought this is a slack time for you with your job so you could handle it.
Please give me a call — I want to know who is picking up Cass today

Jason Young – ” I don’t care who gets her

Jason Young – “I just got home and the *advertiser censored* power is out, I called progress and a crew is already out. Cass pissed herself all over the floor, it’s hot as hell inside and I can’t entertain her enough w/o tv to finish the godamn yard. I am taking beer and her to pool. I am in a mood that makes our trip to myrtle seem mild, pray the beer kicks in. I could kill u for not letting me finish the yard this morning

Just more character assassination taken out of context , imo.. Hot day in Raleigh, NC, Jason started cutting the grass, Michelle asked him to stop so she could go to work. Maybe they had plans to spend the day together, who knows? Then the power goes out, Jason and Cassidy are hot, and Cassidy has a bathroom accident. Is Jason pissed?
Absolutely, but we don't know all the details from one email , so this means nothing to me.
Also, the threat of killing her for not letting him finish mowing the lawn, clearly that did not happen.

The shirt/sweatshirt in the hotel video was never found.

The family put out a pic of the shirt 'possibly' at a party... it wasn't the same one.

:jail:

That is why I asked the question... not remembering/finding now.

Right, the shirt was never found but how do we know police didn't "lose" it? The case definitely had a shoddy feel to it when they got Gracie as their star witness - couldn't describe JY and no cameras, no proper photo line-up. I simply don't trust them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SueDoeNim