Jason Young to get new trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No bashing is occurring, just discussing the facts of the case. Would anyone wish to discuss the dog, or should we just ignore it? These unresolved facts are a problem. I would really like to know everyone's thoughts on the situation with the dog because it's important to understanding what happened.

Mr. G was a big lab mix. This is an easy one to me.....JY was able to get in the house without arousing Mr. G and causing him to bark. Our little dogs bark at everything yet know both of our cars by sound, even before they come in our driveway. They NEVER bark at our cars/arrival.....but only OUR cars. Other close family, they always bark. This is why I believe Mr G never once barked and Michelle never woke up.
JY came quietly in the house, shut Mr G up in the downstairs bath or laundry room, went upstairs, slaughtered his wife, dealt with Cassidy, who BTW I believe he thought would stay asleep through her Mommy's murder. I think Cassidy woke up, JY gave her his Co's cough syrup, put her to bed, and finished off Michelle. As far as scratches, if he wore gloves, long sleeves, and surprise attacked her with a few punches to the face, even if poor Michelle did fight him, his hands and arms would be covered. The shirt had cuffs which would have hugged his arm. There didn't have to be a space between the gloves and shirt.....hence no scratches.

I wear leather work gloves and shirts such as this when working in my rose garden.....I NEVER have a scratch, never.

I believe when JY left, after he used the hose out back to wash away any blood and changed clothes, he let Mr G out and headed back to Va......oh and dropping off his clothes, shoes, gloves, weapon somewhere along a mountain trail never to be seen again. I believe the hose was left running to wash away any evidence of blood. Someone mentioned him using the hose after mowing the grass....the kitchen/laundry/garage is just as easy to get to as the hose. We work in our yard and get dirty, but have never used a hose outside, never.....I don't know anyone who does. We come inside and use the sink in our garage or mudroom.

I also want to mention the lights JY turned.....the manager said in ALL his years of working there, he had NEVER had this happen to the lights. Another coincidence? NO indeed, just more circumstantial evidence.

And remember this too: Jason chose to hand full time physical custody of his beloved daughter to Meredith. She wanted visitation, as any loving aunt would want. He handed over 100% physical custody.

Finally, WS is a victim-friendly site. Pointing fingers at family members or friends and insinuating (or outright stating) they had something to do with the crime is not allowed, per the TOS.

Thank you!!

Mr. G was a big lab mix. This is an easy one to me.....JY was able to get in the house without arousing Mr. G and causing him to bark. Our little dogs bark at everything yet know both of our cars by sound, even before they come in our driveway. They NEVER bark at our cars/arrival.....but only OUR cars. Other close family, they always bark. This is why I believe Mr G never once barked and Michelle never woke up.
JY came quietly in the house, shut Mr G up in the downstairs bath or laundry room, went upstairs, slaughtered his wife, dealt with Cassidy, who BTW I believe he thought would stay asleep through her Mommy's murder. I think Cassidy woke up, JY gave her his Co's cough syrup, put her to bed, and finished off Michelle. As far as scratches, if he wore gloves, long sleeves, and surprise attacked her with a few punches to the face, even if poor Michelle did fight him, his hands and arms would be covered. The shirt had cuffs which would have hugged his arm. There didn't have to be a space between the gloves and shirt.....hence no scratches.

I wear leather work gloves and shirts such as this when working in my rose garden.....I NEVER have a scratch, never.

I believe when JY left, after he used the hose out back to wash away any blood and changed clothes, he let Mr G out and headed back to Va......oh and dropping off his clothes, shoes, gloves, weapon somewhere along a mountain trail never to be seen again. I believe the hose was left running to wash away any evidence of blood. Someone mentioned him using the hose after mowing the grass....the kitchen/laundry/garage is just as easy to get to as the hose. We work in our yard and get dirty, but have never used a hose outside, never.....I don't know anyone who does. We come inside and use the sink in our garage or mudroom.

I also want to mention the lights JY turned.....the manager said in ALL his years of working there, he had NEVER had this happen to the lights. Another coincidence? NO indeed, just more circumstantial evidence.

What about the fingernail scratches on MY's neck?

Edit: and what lights?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

With the dog, I'd like to know if there was a dog gate or something confining the dog to the kitchen and mud room. That's the only thing that would make sense. There's no dog prints anywhere, So unless there was something preventing the dog from roaming the house, I don't see how there's no paw prints.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

No, there wasn't a child gate preventing the dog from roaming through the house.

Only one problem - MF said the dog was in the house when she arrived. She called him out with her when her and C. walked out during the 911 call (whether he was actually there or not).
Also, the master bedroom door was open when she entered the house so there is no explanation for how that dog avoided the blood unless he wasn't really in there.

The hose could have been part of the staging along with the footprints in the bathroom. If it had been used for clean-up blood would have been found in the area.

Another oddity - MF didn't have any blood on her clothing or shoes. How did she check on MY and not get any blood on herself?

Only one problem - MF said the dog was in the house when she arrived. She called him out with her when her and C. walked out during the 911 call (whether he was actually there or not).
Also, the master bedroom door was open when she entered the house so there is no explanation for how that dog avoided the blood unless he wasn't really in there.

The hose could have been part of the staging along with the footprints in the bathroom. If it had been used for clean-up blood would have been found in the area.

Another oddity - MF didn't have any blood on her clothing or shoes. How did she check on MY and not get any blood on herself?

Good point. Remember on the 911 call she refused to check for vitals, just said she's dead. Then when she finally did kinda check, she just said she's cold.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

I've been thinking more about the dog. There is no evidence the dog was in that house. There should have been bloody paw prints and the dog would have needed to eliminate after so many hours in the house. The dog wasn't there.

Think about it. None of the first responders mention seeing the dog. MF said the dog exited the house with them so what happened to the dog? She didn't bother to secure him in the fenced yard. Where was he? The neighbor found him later that day. He had no blood on him. I believe the killers set him loose before the murder took place. That is the only thing that makes sense. The story about the dog being in the house has to be a lie.

I agree. The dog would have stepped in the blood if he had been in the house. Wasn't his bed right next to the side of the bed where CY was found?

There was testimony that Michelle put up a fight. Weren't her hands swollen? She wasn't asleep during the entire attack. Something awakened her. Meredith found her face down on the floor. Whether the dog barked or not, we will never know unless the killer confesses. As for Jason using the hose after he mowed the lawn, we often use the hose to clean our hands and yard tools so I'm baffled how that can be construed as evidence of murder.

JMO

BBM. I remain flabbergasted that law enforcement did not note that "oddity" especially considering bloody shoeprints were visible. MF's shoes needed to be excluded but weren't. So basic and yet it wasn't done.

Where's the source that LE did not check MF's shoes, as well as anyone else who went into the crime scene?

I don't know much about Meredith Fisher, except that the first responding officer wrote in his notes that she did not appear to be upset. His name was Earp.I have been reading some old message boards. I don't know if she was checked out immediately or not, and I never heard she took a poly and passed.
Where did that even come from? It's not the kind of information that LE would release.Sounds like a rumor to me. I also found a list of things of things that seemed off about the 911 call, I will try and find it again.
I think one of the reasons she may have been looked at , if she was, is because of the statement
of a woman with bushy hair coming out of the driveway. Who knows?

BBM. I remain flabbergasted that law enforcement did not note that "oddity" especially considering bloody shoeprints were visible. MF's shoes needed to be excluded but weren't. So basic and yet it wasn't done.

They did check her shoes some time later. No blood. There should have been blood based on how the scene was described.

What lights? If you mean cameras, it did happen before.and the manager was a woman, not a man.
Her name is Jennifer Marshall.

Now let's once and for all put to rest that ridiculous manufactured, pathetic attempt to claim the WC Sherriff's Dept did not inventory the items from JY's suitcase as well as his vehicle. They did.

Go to Day 7, pt 5 of the Murder Trial Video from 2012 and start at elapsed time of 13:00min. Sgt Al Sternberg is on the stand. He's the one who did the search of at least some of the SUV's contents. The suitcase itself was shown in court, opened in court, and each item was held up and described. Each item with a separate exhibit number was identified for the jury.

Sternberg referred to notes in a binder. However, neither the binder nor the notes inside the binder were admitted into evidence, which is normal and typical. Those notes were the list of items seized from suitcase as well as SUV (hint: that's an inventory list).

Also there was a search warrant issued that allowed the cops to do the search of the SUV and JY's suitcase and contents of the SUV. That search warrant was completed & signed at 3:15am the night/morning JY came back to Raleigh. The search of the SUV was conducted at CCBI starting at 4am and then stopped because shift changes were due to occur. Items found relating to that search warrant were listed on the return of the SW (hint: that's an inventory list).

At elapsed time of 15:30 on the video, the contents of the suitcase are shown to the jury and each item is displayed:

{State’s exhibits 59, 63b1 60a, 63a2}

Items found inside suitcase:

blue jeans, (which were sent off to SBI for testing)
shaving kit, toiletry items
2 pairs of shorts
white t-shirt
dark polo type shirt
socks
1 pair swim shorts
1 package/box containing 4 or 5 condoms

No dark color sweater found in suitcase

Sternberg also did the investigation into various papers and documents in the Young's home, including the ebay printout and other financial documents.

Now where the heck did this whole "Inventory" debacle come from?

Simple.

The jury made a list of items they wanted to look at back in their jury room during deliberations. One of the items was a "list of contents from JY's suitcase." No such list had been entered into evidence during the trial, and while there was a list, it could not be provided to the jurors since it wasn't entered into evidence already. That would be a legal error. The jurors had the option to see the actual suitcase and items again and/or refer to their notes, but a list of items could not legally be provided to them since it hadn't entered as an exhibit.

Again completely normal.

However paranoid conspiratoratorists (made up word) imagined some grand conspiracy must have ensued. Thus was born the "OMG they didn't inventory the suitcase or SUV" meme. No such thing occurred. Much ado about nothing.

Why would he put clothes he had on in a suitcase with clean fresh clothes. They were probably in his car somewhere, there were a lot of loose items,besides, you can't go looking for something 2 years later and expect to find it!!

We still don't have a date associated with the list of items. Also, they didn't remove everything from the Explorer and it could have remained in there.

And... this whole "they didn't look for the stuff he had at the moment he arrived back in Raleigh..." bs.

At the point they searched his Ford Explorer they did not know anything about what JY wore because they did not yet have any of the video from the Hampton Inn. They inventoried what they found, photographed it, gave it evidence numbers and sent some of the items off for testing at the SBI.

At that point they had nothing else to work with.

Sometime later...and perhaps much later (I don't know the timeline) they eventually saw images from the Hampton Inn and Cracker Barrel that showed them items of clothing JY was wearing as went to the HI and then right before he left the HI.

The point though is those items of clothes seen on the various videos were not found in JY's SUV, not in his suitcase, not "loose" hanging around in the SUV. LE had the SUV right away and they had his luggage and contents right away, and at 3:15am the night/morning JY returned to Raleigh they had a signed search warrant. Then they started their search. It's all in testimony.

We still don't have a date associated with the list of items. Also, they didn't remove everything from the Explorer and it could have remained in there.

Yes, there is a date. cf Al Sternberg testimony. cf search warrant. There are dates on everything they did.

And... this whole "they didn't look for the stuff he had at the moment he arrived back in Raleigh..." bs.

At the point they searched his Ford Explorer they did not know anything about what JY wore because they did not yet have any of the video from the Hampton Inn. They inventoried what they found, photographed it, gave it evidence numbers and sent some of the items off for testing at the SBI.

At that point they had nothing else to work with.

Sometime later...and perhaps much later (I don't know the timeline) they eventually saw images from the Hampton Inn and Cracker Barrel that showed them items of clothing JY was wearing as went to the HI and then right before he left the HI.

The point though is those items of clothes seen on the various videos were not found in JY's SUV, not in his suitcase, not "loose" hanging around in the SUV. LE had the SUV right away and they had his luggage and contents right away.

And, the reason for the search warrant was because they saw blood in his SUV? We all know that wasn't true either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton