Jason Young to get new trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referencing the cameras not lights.......my mistake. The night manager DID say he had never seen the cameras tampered with in all his years of working.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/story/10702549/

In this artical it states that CY referenced her father the day MY was found. AND, a child psychologist tried to speak with her that night, but by that time she had shut down. Guess this can put to rest the "rumors" that CY never mentioned JY.

And soon after, Cassidy was taken to the hills where she had limited, then no contact with her mother's closest relatives. This always bothered me.....always. This was psycholocially damaging to Cassidy......first her Mommy.....then her aunt and grandmother. Sooooo wrong!!!!!!!

I'm curious about the child and how verbal she was. I have heard her in the background on the phone call, and I can't make too much out of what she says. However, in the last couple of weeks I've spent a lot of time with three young children. There is a two and a half year old child who is completely verbal. He speaks in full sentences, makes interesting observations, has no problem pronouncing words and letters. It has been said that Michelle's daughter was completely verbal. Are there any examples of her verbally interacting with others prior to her mother's murder? I'd like to get a sense of her verbal skills at the time in order to put the background sounds she makes in some sort of context.

According to Meredith's testimony, CY was very talkative and couldn't stop mentioning her daddy during the 911 call and afterward but apparently it didn't capture the interest of cops enough to have someone trained in interviewing children question her.

JMO

As has been said before, it was HER fingernails marks trying to get his hands off her neck. JY didn't expect to have her fight back. His initial plan,imo, was to strangle her. When this didn't go his way he beat her. All that rage he had for her finally came out. He hit her over and over and over and over......

Do you really believe that he planned this in advance - to drive 170 miles in the middle of the night to strangle his wife to death? If his intent was to strangle her, how did he think to wear all the gear to protect himself from the blood that he didn't know he would be getting all over himself?

To me this crime seems like it wasn't planned, someone attacked MY but I just can't fathom that anyone would plan something so shoddily.

I keep thinking about how Shelly sensed that someone was watching them. That means someone was watching for her to leave at 9-10PM or so. JY was at the Cracker Barrel.

According to Meredith's testimony, CY was very talkative and couldn't stop mentioning her daddy during the 911 call and afterward but apparently it didn't capture the interest of cops enough to have someone trained in interviewing children question her.

JMO

If she saw her father do this, she would have been terrified of him when he arrived in Raleigh that evening.

*Respectfully snipped*

By the time MY was found the blood was dry. It wouldn't leave tracks by then. It was many hours later when she was found.

I didn't see any crime scene photos of the blood on the floor but from what's been described, if she went to the body to check for a pulse, it wouldn't matter if the blood was dry (I doubt it would have been completely dry though because she lost about 50% of her blood) she still should have had blood on her shoes and clothing, trace amounts at least. I think this is circumstantial evidence that she didn't really check for a pulse.

If she saw her father do this, she would have been terrified of him when he arrived in Raleigh that evening.

I agree with you. But CY speaking constantly about her father would explain why cops were focused on Jason and only Jason from the outset. If this was her testimony in court, MF likely told cops right way.

Meredith also mentioned in her testimony that a psychologist was at her house later that evening and by then CY had "shut down" which seems strange to me because CY sounded so chatty and in good spirits in the background of the 911 call. I'd like to hear what that psychologist has to say.

I didn't see any crime scene photos of the blood on the floor but from what's been described, if she went to the body to check for a pulse, it wouldn't matter if the blood was dry (I doubt it would have been completely dry though because she lost about 50% of her blood) she still should have had blood on her shoes and clothing, trace amounts at least. I think this is circumstantial evidence that she didn't really check for a pulse.

I have wondered the same thing because there was no way a carpet saturated with that amount of blood is going to be completely dry.

Trial #3 should be interesting to say the least.

Do you really believe that he planned this in advance - to drive 170 miles in the middle of the night to strangle his wife to death? If his intent was to strangle her, how did he think to wear all the gear to protect himself from the blood that he didn't know he would be getting all over himself?

To me this crime seems like it wasn't planned, someone attacked MY but I just can't fathom that anyone would plan something so shoddily.

I keep thinking about how Shelly sensed that someone was watching them. That means someone was watching for her to leave at 9-10PM or so. JY was at the Cracker Barrel.

BBM

Yes I fully believe in my heart that JY planned this murder. I believe it just as much as you believe he is innocent.

If someone was watching and waiting for SS to leave, why was she not attacked earlier? The ME said the TOD was between midnight and 6am? Also noone else had a motive to kill her. If robbery or rape was the intent then why was the house not ransacked? She wasn't raped. This person wouldn't have beat her. This was a rage beating. Some drawers from a jewlery box were taken, which didn't even hold anything valuable. To me, the killer made it look like they had been robbed. If it was some drug head why didn't they take her purse which was left out in plain sight in the kitchen?

BBM

Yes I fully believe in my heart that JY planned this murder. I believe it just as much as you believe he is innocent.

If someone was watching and waiting for SS to leave, why was she not attacked earlier? The ME said the TOD was between midnight and 6am? Also noone else had a motive to kill her. If robbery or rape was the intent then why was the house not ransacked? She wasn't raped. This person wouldn't have beat her. This was a rage beating. Some drawers from a jewlery box were taken, which didn't even hold anything valuable. To me, the killer made it look like they had been robbed. If it was some drug head why didn't they take her purse which was left out in plain sight in the kitchen?

We know she wasn't raped? As far as I know, no rape kit was preformed.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

I was referencing the cameras not lights.......my mistake. The night manager DID say he had never seen the cameras tampered with in all his years of working.

According to Keith Hick's(night clerk) testimony, he had only worked at the Hampton Inn for 2-3 years.
It was Jennifer Marshall(hotel manager) that testified that the same camera in the same stairwell had also been tampered with previously.

Exactly, she would have cowered in fear and possibly screamed or ran away from him.. Meredith Fisher testified that Cassidy was not at all afraid of Jason.....

I don't see what is so hard to understand. IF, your spouse is murdered, you are the first to be looked at. It's normal. They work there way from immediate family first then out to close friends and family. If JY was innocent and cooperated then, maybe, the "real killers" could have been found. The point is that he cast the suspicion on himself. I don't get where this "they had their mind made up from day one" comes from. They were doing the normal routine in a murder investigation! Once again, common sense!

He was uncooperative from day one! He refused to help investigators in any way. They wanted him to do a walk through to determine if anything was missing or out of place. He refused. He never asked how Michelle died, or asked about his daughter and hung up on the investigator. Friends interviewed said they had money problems and one friend said Jason said he was sick of Michelle.
So I agree, he cast the suspicion on himself.

Maybe after being told you are a suspect on the drive back to Raleigh, having LE waiting for you to return, and having your car seized would do that someone. It was testified that Young did ask about Michelle and Cassidy at trial.
No financial problems ever surfaced despite the state's endless efforts to prove otherwise. Of, course, he was a suspect, he was the husband, he had affairs, and he didn't speak to LE because he followed his lawyer's instructions.

I agree with you. But CY speaking constantly about her father would explain why cops were focused on Jason and only Jason from the outset. If this was her testimony in court, MF likely told cops right way.

Meredith also mentioned in her testimony that a psychologist was at her house later that evening and by then CY had "shut down" which seems strange to me because CY sounded so chatty and in good spirits in the background of the 911 call. I'd like to hear what that psychologist has to say.

Wonder why the psychologist was not called at trial?

BBM

I don't know. If she was killed after midnight, maybe they waited for her to go to sleep.

They never did the rape kit so we really don't know if she was assaulted though there is no indication that she was. Still, we don't know for sure.

It's my understanding that the valuable jewelry including her wedding rings was taken.

I think you know who I believe was involved and I can think of potential motive there too. I wish I could discuss my thoughts in more detail but people don't want to hear it, not here.

You guys/gals seem to be struggling some. Reminds me of the Knox thread.

1st there is no inventory. There was. Now it changes to the search warrent wasn't legal.

Next they didn't check MY's shoes. Really???

Do you think she just jumped right in it? Don't you think she would try to avoid it?

Now we move on to the child not being scared or telling that the dad did it. Really?

How can the dog leave with MF... but not have been in the house?

You guys/gals seem to be struggling some. Reminds me of the Knox thread.

1st there is no inventory. There was. Now it changes to the search warrent wasn't legal.

Next they didn't check MY's shoes. Really???

Do you think she just jumped right in it? Don't you think she would try to avoid it?

Now we move on to the child not being scared or telling that the dad did it. Really?

How can the dog leave with MY... but not have been in the house?

I don't think you mean MY.

Maybe after being told you are a suspect on the drive back to Raleigh, having LE waiting for you to return, and having your car seized would do that someone. It was testified that Young did ask about Michelle and Cassidy at trial.
No financial problems ever surfaced despite the state's endless efforts to prove otherwise. Of, course, he was a suspect, he was the husband, he had affairs, and he didn't speak to LE because he followed his lawyer's instructions.

There is a difference between helping and not giving any information. Hanging up on cops is not a good start IMO.

You are a husband, your wife is slaughtered... you better be ready to be a suspect.

You are out of town, your wife is slaughtered... don't you think they are going to impound the vehicle you had been driving?

A cop tells you your wife has been killed. Do you ask how? Do you ask where is your child and is she ok?

Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member