Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but are there wild animals in the area? It looks like a pretty isolated/rural place. If he was walking in the ravine, is it possible an animal attacked him? I don't believe this is terribly likely, but I have no idea what to think anymore!

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but are there wild animals in the area? It looks like a pretty isolated/rural place. If he was walking in the ravine, is it possible an animal attacked him? I don't believe this is terribly likely, but I have no idea what to think anymore!

Lizards, skinks, geckos, woodpeckers, turtle-Doves, pigeons, partridges and kestrels.
To be fair, I think that JS could have held his own against any of them.

IMO

Last edited:
Were the Police aware quite early on about the call with Brad? Why has it taken this long for it to surface in the public domain? Have they been searching the area where he was on the call with Brad?
Its a bit odd as the kidnap / third party involvement theories didnt start from tiktok or conspiracy accounts but the official family & friends public comments in week 1.

MWT was even quite aggressively perusing this line few days ago after being in contact with the group + seeing messages.

'Soon after Lucy reported him missing, Jay's mum, Debbie Duncan, flew to Tenerife and told reporters she was "beside herself with worry" and was convinced Jay had been kidnapped.'

"We need British police here. I just want to find my mate. "The two boys that he was last with have left the country. They need to be questioned by British police."

So what are you disputing? That no one should look elsewhere? Even the local police are looking further afield now? He hasn’t been found in the location that we thought the ping was from- so rational people search further afield.
Ruth,

Nobody's saying that. If the "last position" is real, then it means he was heading down that track at that point. He could have turned around and walked back to the road before heading in a different direction, though I doubt he stayed on the road for long given the lack of sightings.

Having said that, I think the fact that the Spanish Police are currently organising a big search with a meetup at the head of that same valley, and the fact that they have searched that valley/ravine at least twice already, shows where their thinking is at.

Ruth,

Nobody's saying that. If the "last position" is real, then it means he was heading down that track at that point. He could have turned around and walked back to the road before heading in a different direction, though I doubt he stayed on the road for long given the lack of sightings.

Having said that, I think the fact that the Spanish Police are currently organising a big search with a meetup at the head of that same valley, and the fact that they have searched that valley/ravine at least twice already, shows where their thinking is at.
I understand where there thinking is, I am allowed to differ in opinion and have felt strongly from day one on this thread that they should be searching around where they think he left the road (we have approximate timings) and not just where the phone pinged/ didn’t ping/ last live location was. The Spanish police have a certain amount of capacity and I can’t criticise that, however to criticise someone else searching elsewhere and closer to where he was last physically seen is IMO unnecessary.

Just watching the interview now with this friend.
Apparently according to the interviewer this information has changed the police search.
So why has this information only been given now?

That wasn’t what was said, she said it changed the search that Paul Arnott is doing. No mention of the police search changing.

I think it's worth remembering that according to Jay's stepfather, he was not one to walk any kinds of distance, and would need to be driven a few hundred yards to get a haircut.
I can quite imagine Jay waking up with a bit of Dutch courage and deciding to go for a hike up the mountain to get a picture/video of the view (likes and shares are irresistible to teenagers).

Being that he's far from being an experienced walker, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that initial Dutch courage quickly vanished after getting caught in the leg by a cactus while sliding down the hill. Cactus spines can be particularly nasty and cause pretty severe swelling. This would have quickly sobered Jay up and possibly put him I to panic mode, or even shock. Shock can be a killer, especially if he's dehydrated from a night of partying already.

As morbid as it is, I suspect that he called Brad in high spirits, probably excited about his excursion, then slipped and caught himself on a cactus whilst on the call, prompting him to tell Brad he'd call him back.
The cactus injury begins to swell or otherwise turn particularly nasty, prompting Jay to panic and call Lucy (who appears to have the most experience with the island out of the group).
Jay then passes out/falls somewhere on the mountainside, south of the path. JMO.
So why do you believe he would be at the beach?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I have never been in the area he was but the main road looked incredibly scary to walk on, especially with drivers driving on the right, instead of the left, I would not have felt safe walking on such roads, especially with the possibility a first timer like him may not have known Spanish drive on the right

I can imagine him getting freaked out walking on mountain roads and wanting to get off the road

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a known fact that Jay was in possession of his phone when it last pinged?
Nobody can know that for sure, but the battery was apparently critically low, and I'd assume that if he had dropped it, it would have been around the same time that he potentially had a fall/accident. If it was dropped, I wouldn't imagine it would be more than a few hundred feet from him at the most.

He called Brad prior to calling Lucy. According to brad, Jay was in high spirits when he called. It was only later upon calling Lucy (with low battery) that he sounded distressed.
I'm certain local LE were made aware of this at the very beginning of the search.
"Lucy said Jay was lost, thirsty and wounded by a cactus" if this is accurate and he did indeed fall into a cactus, then he could of been poisioned, native to tenerife (Euphorbia debilispina), the Sap can cause blindness and other health issues, could explain why he possibly traversed into a remote hazardous location, hopefully I'm wrong. Maybe looking at locations in and around where the cacti is prevelant might help, or it may be too prevalent to help.

Last edited:
Apologies if this is a basic question (I am fairly new to this case)
Wasn't his phone supposed to be low on battery ? Why would you decide to make or receive a video call if that were the case ? When was this information about the video call given to the police ? Was it at the start of the investigation or has his friend now just volunteered this information ?
Excellent insight IMHO. If low on battery why would you not put phone into low battery mode? Snapchat captures would be low on my list of priorities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980