Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

Hey folks, please remember that Websleuths requires links. Even maps require links unless there is a chyron that is visible on the screenshot. Copyright rules require that credit be given to the original source.

Also, providing a link allows other members a quick click to go to the exact spot you're showing without having to search for it themselves.

Old WS adage .. NO LINK, NO POST !!

looks like this is the same guy:

"Police were called to Hermitage Road, Rishton, near the old paper mill, at 9pm on August 6, 2021, after Thomas Hilton – who was 17 at the time – had been chased and attacked by a large group of youths.

Following a trial, a jury came back and found the eight teenagers, some of whom cannot be named for legal reasons, all guilty of violent disorder.

<modsnip - copyright violation>
MOD NOTE: As regards this article, a quick reminder from Etiquette & Information, linked below this post:

"VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case."

I hope to see Jay located safe soon.

Knitty,

MOD NOTE:

Hey folks,

Links to and discussion of fundraising is not allowed unless it is a fundraiser run by close friends or family AND even then, the only thing allowed is a possible snippet of a previously unknown fact regarding the specifics of the case itself (i.e. wearing black sneakers, or ??). The actual money figures, how it is progressing, and what the money will be used for are off limits.

Let's remember that a young man is missing, and that his mother is frantic to find him.

Thanks.

Knitty,

Here is the Official Facebook page (thanks again, @DanceCard & @kittythehare!) This is the only one. Others say official in the name - they aren't. JUST BECAUSE I'M POSTING THE LINK NOW DOESN'T MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE TO POST THE LINK LATER - threads move fast and not everybody reads every post. The link is required so that somebody reading on page 40 can still find the FB post you are talking about - and know that it's from the OFFICIAL FB post and not some jerk having a laugh at the expense of the victim.

The mod team is tiny - we don't have time to know all the details of all the cases and rely upon YOU to keep the threads factual.

Thanks for helping us!

Knitty,

With the news coming out today that Jay spoke to both of his friends on the morning of his disappearance, and both now confirming that he was not on the road, it looks increasingly likely that he is indeed in the wilderness - hence the police efforts being focused there and no actual sightings of him at all other than the brief interaction he had on the road. I hope tomorrow results in some closure.

"Tenerife police call

for more volunteers for mass operation."

View attachment 513976

I really wish this had been called for sooner. If the police have known about the two phone calls and the information given on Brad’s phone call huge numbers of searchers should have been combing the area metre by metre. I know if it was my son/brother/friend I’d be out there day and night. I hope they find him soon so the family can get some peace.

I really wish this had been called for sooner. If the police have known about the two phone calls and the information given on Brad’s phone call huge numbers of searchers should have been combing the area metre by metre. I know if it was my son/brother/friend I’d be out there day and night. I hope they find him soon so the family can get some peace.

This area is MASSIVE.
Terrain is rough and dangerous.
They call for volunteers,
but not just anybody
but experienced hikers.

"Given that it is a steep, rocky area, full of uneven terrain and with many ravines, tracks and trails,
we request the collaboration of all those volunteer associations that can help in this planned search that is intended to be carried out in a directed and coordinated way."

From my link upthread

"Tenerife police call

for more volunteers for mass operation."

View attachment 513976

I wonder if they will take up the offer of help from Lancashire Police now? JMO

I wonder if they will take up the offer of help from Lancashire Police now? JMO

I suspect they're appealing for local volunteers familiar with the area rather than foreigners. I can't say I've ever looked at Lancs and thought 'Blimey, that geography looks just like Tenerife.'

I'm sure the police investigated the phone calls, given that they were crucial evidence at the start of the investigation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back