Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A theory or two (JMO of course). Based on MW-T video, and in contrast to my earlier scepticism about him being in the mountains at all:

Jay steals a watch from person unknown, either put up to it by the two AieBnB men, or because he knows/believes they will buy it from him once he’s done it.

He goes back to the AirBnB where they’ve told him they have the money for it.

The transaction goes wrong somehow: maybe they refuse to pay him and threaten him, maybe he tries to take both the watch and the money.

(This must be after the cigarette/steps pic, presumably.)

Jay leaves in a hurry, corroborated by the (now 3 according to MWT) witnesses in Masca.

He gets lost, in the area MWT claims to have pinpointed on the map, rings/facetimes (I’m still not 109% which) Brad, rings Lucy, has some misadventure or is caught up with by the AirBnb men. Bad result ensues whichever.

I thought people don't wear watches these days?

Was it a diving watch? Or some such sports watch?

How likely is being able to identify a watch as vauable then steal it then post a message about it all in the post rave atmosphere of the pub anyway?

The AP snapchat message, if real, has the ring of some kind of in joke amongst friends maybe. I don't do snapcaht but I thought the messages disappeared, is that right? Is it even real?

There was the alleged video of a tussle on the street before Jay went off to the Airbnb. Seems to me that there is truth in the watch story, interestingly it was talked about very early on after he disappeared.

Snapchat messages can be set to disappear or not, but of course they can be screenshot.

A theory or two (JMO of course). Based on MW-T video, and in contrast to my earlier scepticism about him being in the mountains at all:

Jay steals a watch from person unknown, either put up to it by the two AieBnB men, or because he knows/believes they will buy it from him once he’s done it.

The transaction goes wrong somehow: maybe they refuse to pay him and threaten him, maybe he tries to take both the watch and the money.

Jay leaves in a hurry, corroborated by the (now 3 according to MWT) witnesses in Masca.

He gets lost, in the area MWT claims to have pinpointed on the map, rings/facetimes (I’m still not 109% which) Brad, rings Lucy, has some misadventure or is caught up with by the AirBnb men. Bad result ensues whichever.
This to me seems the most logical scenario. It explains all the elements of the disappearance of this young man.

There was the alleged video of a tussle on the street before Jay went off to the Airbnb. Seems to me that there is truth in the watch story, interestingly it was talked about very early on after he disappeared.

Snapchat messages can be set to disappear or not, but of course they can be screenshot.

A tussle in the street could be a way of stealing a watch off someone's wrist. A set up. The sorts of people who do that are well used to doing it, distraction technique. Is anyone in the group of friends known for such behaviour?

Funnily enough I have been looking at Rolex and AP watches this morning (work) and can confirm they’re still very popular with rich people!

Do rich people or posers hang out in that area? Those type of events or clubs? Genuine question as I have no idea but it seems unlikely.

Do 'roadmen' / gangsters wear these types of watch for status? If so, I'd imagine it's not so easy to steal a watch off a hardnut!

Just my thoughts, the 2 men were “associates” of Lucy’s and known to her. Lucy lived a wonderful jet setting lifestyle visiting festivals and enjoying life. Jay meanwhile was an apprentice bricklayer living in his hometown and went on his first holiday to the festival. Did Jay steal the watch in the hopes of impressing the 2 men, did he go back to the apartment as he was trying to become involved with their lifestyle.

This sounds entirely plausible. The theory that the two men have invited Jay up to the AirBnB with the promise of buying the watch from him (possibly arranged by Lucy, who is confirmed to have known these two men - JMO) is a great take.

Do rich people or posers hang out in that area? Those type of events or clubs? Genuine question as I have no idea but it seems unlikely.

Do 'roadmen' / gangsters wear these types of watch for status? If so, I'd imagine it's not so easy to steal a watch off a hardnut!

I guess it depends on how they got rich and why they might be in that area. Read into that what you will.

A tussle in the street could be a way of stealing a watch off someone's wrist. A set up. The sorts of people who do that are well used to doing it, distraction technique. Is anyone in the group of friends known for such behaviour?
That's exactly what I thought when I heard there was a tussle. It's a pickpocket technique to create chaos so nabbing isn't noticed.

jmo

This sounds entirely plausible. The theory that the two men have invited Jay up to the AirBnB with the promise of buying the watch from him (possibly arranged by Lucy, who is confirmed to have known these two men - JMO) is a great take.
Yes, and would make the hour drive back to the AirBnB worth it and also explain why he left so soon. He never intended to stay, sleep, etc.

jmo

A great deal of these roadmen/gangster types are only 'hardnuts' whent they're surrounded by their mates or holding a long, sharp implement. They're certainly not the best and brightest of society and likely an easy (and lucrative) target for thieves in these resorts. Particularly with the amount of alcohol/drugs being consumed.

But that would make 2 guys accomplices
(buying stolen goods)

And yet,
they were not charged of any criminal activity
and left free to return to the UK.

Because they didn't buy, nor were in possession of any stolen goods. What grounds would LE have for detaining them? Giving some lad a lift to their accommodation?

Was the watch ever officially reported stolen in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member