Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Allegedly, news outlets are reporting that there was a Snapchat of Jay showing the Rolex while being in the car to the airbnb

"During the hour-long drive, Mark claims Jay posted a Snapchat saying he had taken a Rolex worth £12,000 from an unknown person."
So how come this information wasnt given at the start when Jay first went missing?? Seems ridiculous JMO

Are they assuming the Rolex stolen was from one of the men staying in the air bnb?

If this is true, my wondering is this why he didn’t use the road to walk back to his hotel to avoid being seen? Was he afraid the men would wake up and notice the watch was stolen and come looking for him?
I think someone outside the club had his watch stolen and a fight erupted . Read it belonged to an eastern european male not one of the 2 men

Reactions: byo
Allegedly, news outlets are reporting that there was a Snapchat of Jay showing the Rolex while being in the car to the airbnb

"During the hour-long drive, Mark claims Jay posted a Snapchat saying he had taken a Rolex worth £12,000 from an unknown person."
Who did Jay send the snapchat to and why was it not mentioned earlier when he first went missing?

The newspapers describe Johnny Vegas and his mate as being ‘associates’ of Lucy as opposed to ‘friends’, that would subtly suggest that those 2 guys were involved in the drugs trade and she was a client of theirs (that is not judging her, millions of young take drugs), but the more stuff comes out the more I suspect these 2 guys know more about Jay disappearing than they have let on

A fight with a crowd watching is a good cover for pickpocket, watch thieves. The fight could even for exactly that purpose, if the thieves are part of a ring.

(Can you tell I've been the victim of this at one point?!)

jmo
“You cause a diversion by starting a fight, the two of us will nab the watch and we’ll split the profits a third each’

?

But if they were all in on the stealing, who was buying?

There's a post further up the thread saying that the AirBnB booking was made 90 mins before arrival. Clearly the 2 men in the AirBnB were already on the island before booking it. Could they have been staying in the hotel with the matching blanket?
Is anyone really brave enough to fly to Tenerife without accommodation pre-booked? Or did they already have accommodation booked? Why would they need to the AirBnB if so?

*My opinions only. I dont know any details of what their travel plans or what they had actually booked
Thought they arrived in Tenerife on the day it was booked , 3 days friday to monday?

The newspapers describe Johnny Vegas and his mate as being ‘associates’ of Lucy as opposed to ‘friends’, that would subtly suggest that those 2 guys were involved in the drugs trade and she was a client of theirs (that is not judging her, millions of young take drugs), but the more stuff comes out the more I suspect these 2 guys know more about Jay disappearing than they have let on
I think she worked for them rather than her being a customer. They were there to supply and collect only MOO

The Eastern European guy may well not have reported the watch as stolen to police because he himself could be involved in organised crime/bought the watch with laundered money or something so didn’t want the police to investigate the watch

So we have to believe

A) he got caught up in stealing a watch
B) The person he "happened" to steal a watch from was in a "crime gang" himself?
C) Said person managed to find out within 2 hours who stole it and that they were an hour a way in a very unlikely location?

Lot of unlikely possibilities imo
Not impossible...but occams razor is still telling me he likely died in the terrain...at the moment anyway

So according to that article he stole the watch during the festival, not these 2 men from the air bnb. It wouldn’t make sense for him to steal the Rolex from the same men he was going back to the bnb with, whilst also making Snapchat videos in the car with them..

I honestly don’t think this has anything to do with his disappearance and I still believe he had an accident during his walk back. This is just my opinion.
Hopefully the true facts will come out eventually whatever the reason MOO

I think she worked for them rather than her being a customer. They were there to supply and collect only MOO
I don’t think Jay was murdered, but I think he was escaping from something and wanted out of the area quickly, got into terrain he not cut out for and paid the ultimate price, something went on at that villa he wanted out of

people still thinking he ‘got lost’ then?
Yes, I still think that's the most likely thing to have happened. Obviously we have a lot more information now that couldn't have been predicted in the early days but lots of weird and wonderful carrying ons don't preclude a mundane final outcome

I'd like to say we'll see but I'm not sure that we will anytime soon

Reactions: byo
"Associates" being a well known police euphamism ;)

So we have to believe

A) he got caught up in stealing a watch
B) The person he "happened" to steal a watch from was in a "crime gang" himself?
C) Said person managed to find out within 2 hours who stole it and that they were an hour a way in a very unlikely location?

Lot of unlikely possibilities imo
Not impossible...but occams razor is still telling me he likely died in the terrain...at the moment anyway

All of those things can have happened, and more, and Jay still might have died just trying to take a short cut home. I suspect there’s plenty of truth in the social media rumours about his friends, yet it’s perfectly possible none of it is relevant to his disappearance.

(I’d love to know what’s in his bag though - that might tie a few loose ends up!)

I would think, the alleged theft of a watch wouldn't involve the two men as it has been said they're not implicated in any impropriety regarding Jay's disappearance.
But Police would not have known about the watch theft at the time they spoke to the 2 men which was very early on when Jay first went missing?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asmok
Back