Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If Rolex man was involved in the nightclub scuffle, and the Snapchat story is true, there is a motive right there to find Jay and retrieve the Rolex.

If one of those staying at the AirBnB is managing a local cannabis café, why is the remote AirBnB needed? AirBnB man has said a bed to sleep was offered because Jay became separated from his friends.

However, why not just take him back to his hotel?

There is a very clear drug-themed subtext in all of this, of course:

- a convicted drug dealer (described as a class A distribution ringleader) who now runs a "cannabis café".

- Jay's violent past during Covid and a rave where likely pills were on offer.

- a "burly" Eastern European (could be Russian) person who has been involved in a "scuffle" at the nightclub due to...

- a stolen Rolex which it is now rumoured Jay boasted about stealing from Snapchat

This begs the question: who knows who on this island, and who is looking out for who's interests?

Having said that, if Jay was using, for example pills and booze at the rave, and then cannabis at the apartment, and stayed up all night, he's going to be dehydrated, very tired and if he did indeed take the Rolex, and/or potentially drugs with or without payment or permission at the AirBnB, then he is likely to do a runner on adrenaline and if paranoid about all the circumstances under the stress, has a reason to do a runner.

He also arguably has a reason to disappear.

'Even when images show him dancing topless in the searing heat, the bag remains with him'

Well yeah, I don't think young people do dancing around their handbags :rolleyes:
Moo....bag carries your id n money etc. Possibly could hold personal or sellable drugs. It's a rave, there will be plenty of drugs around, party time. I guess there is no checking for drugs or weapons at rave. Lots o young ones dream of being a rock star or drug seller....then reality sets in, and they get over the quick rich scene. He is missing and all this chat chat about drugs n theiving, people are just not going to want to search for him....moo

Imagine a steep drop off, down in to a ravine, the total area being several acres or more....or a steep drop off, covered in scrub and cactus, off the edge of a trail, down in to a ravine a kilometer or 2 wide and long....then yes, I could see a ping location being somewhere in there, and I could see an investigator standing on a trail above that canyon of sorts, and saying, that phone, if it pinged in that area, well, somebody had to throw it way down in there.

Well, he did tell Lucy he was lost. There is that.
But in all reality- he was lost by the road as he was heading towards nothing visible and didn’t know where he was in relation to getting back to where he needed to be. He didn’t know it at the time, but he was lost before he left the air bnb. So saying I’m lost doesn’t mean he was trapped in the middle of a whole heap of cacti. It’s just 50 minutes later his brain processed he was lost- he could still perhaps see landmarks, but they were meaningless to him personally so he was lost.

But in all reality- he was lost by the road as he was heading towards nothing visible and didn’t know where he was in relation to getting back to where he needed to be. He didn’t know it at the time, but he was lost before he left the air bnb. So saying I’m lost doesn’t mean he was trapped in the middle of a whole heap of cacti. It’s just 50 minutes later his brain processed he was lost- he could still perhaps see landmarks, but they were meaningless to him personally so he was lost.
Brad puts him off road, before Jay spoke with Lucy. He suggested he was sliding down a hill. So, not on a path. So, it is entirely feasible he was walking in and around cacti - hence his cactus cut. Having done a far a bit of walking both off and on-trail, there have been times when I’ve been in a whole heap of thorns/weeds/heather etc. I do not believe he was saying he was lost whilst on the road.

Brad puts him off road, before Jay spoke with Lucy. He suggested he was sliding down a hill. So, not on a path. So, it is entirely feasible he was walking in and around cacti - hence his cactus cut. Having done a far a bit of walking both off and on-trail, there have been times when I’ve been in a whole heap of thorns/weeds/heather etc. I do not believe he was saying he was lost whilst on the road.
I’m not suggesting he was still on the road, what I’m saying is he was lost the whole time and people deducing that means he was absolutely in the middle of nowhere with nothing in sight is an assumption. Brad saw him climb over the bollards at the side of the road and then heard a noise like when you walk on gravel, then heard a slipping on gravel noise- none of that indicates to me that we know he was miles from nowhere. JMO and I know many are convinced he then wandered to the beach, but I’m not convinced on it.

I’m not suggesting he was still on the road, what I’m saying is he was lost the whole time and people deducing that means he was absolutely in the middle of nowhere with nothing in sight is an assumption. Brad saw him climb over the bollards at the side of the road and then heard a noise like when you walk on gravel, then heard a slipping on gravel noise- none of that indicates to me that we know he was miles from nowhere. JMO and I know many are convinced he then wandered to the beach, but I’m not convinced on it.
Indeed. We agree, he was lost. And no one knows where he was lost!

*This is from a from days ago but I find this interesting. I was imagining most people in the area would have been aware and curious of a large search.

Most visitors to the area are hikers and nature lovers.

The town has now returned to normal, with both foreign tourists and locals passing through.

Most of those spoken to by the BBC did not know about Mr Slater’s disappearance.

'Even when images show him dancing topless in the searing heat, the bag remains with him'

Well yeah, I don't think young people do dancing around their handbags :rolleyes:
Certainly not at a rave! However, there are other ways to keep your belongings safe, such as pockets, bum belt etc. while you're dancing. Having a bag over your shoulder isn't conducive to energetic dancing, IMO.

Allegedly ayub ran the coffee shop on the island in Playa de Americas according to the sun newspaper and the article says it quite possibly the property may have been trashed in the weeks previous to Jay's arrival in Tenerife, obviously jay had no involvement in this alleged incident but my attention was drawn to it as it highlighted the type of circles the two AirBnB guys mixed in and what Jay perhaps naively befriended and trusted if Jay did steal a high end watch as alleged perhaps the AirBnB guys were phoned and told who owned the watch and that the owner of the watch was connected to gangsters on the island which is why Jay was scared maybe the two AirBnB guys didn't touch him and Jay did leave of his own accord but was paranoid his new found friends would stitch him up to save their own skin this kind of suspicious mind would be atypical of drug use and would explain why Jay didn't wait at bus stop it is the one conundrum that occupies my musings as to why the choice was made to walk potentially for 10 hours over waiting for 2 hours

Moo....bag carries your id n money etc. Possibly could hold personal or sellable drugs. It's a rave, there will be plenty of drugs around, party time. I guess there is no checking for drugs or weapons at rave. Lots o young ones dream of being a rock star or drug seller....then reality sets in, and they get over the quick rich scene. He is missing and all this chat chat about drugs n theiving, people are just not going to want to search for him....moo
All the evidence is pointing to him having some kind of involvement in drugs. Whether this led to his disappearance is anyone's guess, but it should be explored by the Spanish police.
Maybe it has, but because of their strict policy of not releasing information, theories abound.

Certainly not at a rave! However, there are other ways to keep your belongings safe, such as pockets, bum belt etc. while you're dancing. Having a bag over your shoulder isn't conducive to energetic dancing, IMO.
His bag was not the type of bag you describe- it’s more of a bum bag that you wear across your body. Freeing your hands and also not slipping or being bulky.

Given whoever finds Jay finds the Rolex, there's a perverse incentive not to let on that you found Jay, because if you found Jay and make that clear, you might then have a target on your back for the watch, regardless whether you found it and took it or not.

"Everyone knows each other." - Qassim

There are clearly some unsavoury pressures being felt:

Last edited:
His bag was not the type of bag you describe- it’s more of a bum bag that you wear across your body. Freeing your hands and also not slipping or being bulky.
It was worn over his shoulder and around part of his neck, so it's going to bounce around while you're dancing, because it's not attached to anything.
If it was almost flat to the body, why bother with it, when you could easily keep your belongings in a less obvious place?

All the evidence is pointing to him having some kind of involvement in drugs. Whether this led to his disappearance is anyone's guess, but it should be explored by the Spanish police.
Maybe it has, but because of their strict policy of not releasing information, theories abound.
We have seen in other Spanish cases they have released information and statements. It’s not policy, but understandable if this is going deeper than originally reported. I’m sure as in the UK they are well aware of certain names and people- but they have to look at the bigger picture sometimes.

It was worn over his shoulder and around part of his neck, so it's going to bounce around while you're dancing, because it's not attached to anything.
If it was almost flat to the body, why bother with it, when you could easily keep your belongings in a less obvious place?
Because pick pockets are rife- have it slung across your body and you will notice. Women have done it for years and men have started joining the trend. It’s also zipped, unlike a pocket.

Because pick pockets are rife- have it slung across your body and you will notice. Women have done it for years and men have started joining the trend. It’s also zipped, unlike a pocket.
I don't think teenagers at a rave are thinking of safety consciousness to the extant that would necessitate a shoulder bag! How many people at a rave do you see with a shoulder bag!
They are there to dance, and any unnecessary accessories wouldn't be brought with them, imo.

I don't think teenagers at a rave are thinking of safety consciousness to the extant that would necessitate a shoulder bag! How many people at a rave do you see with a shoulder bag!
They are there to dance, and any unnecessary accessories wouldn't be brought with them, imo.
Most of them, for some reason they are way more savvy than we were. Regardless he had one, so whether you think it’s normal or not is irrelevant. But honestly man bags have been a thing for years.

Most of them, for some reason they are way more savvy than we were. Regardless he had one, so whether you think it’s normal or not is irrelevant. But honestly man bags have been a thing for years.
I'm fully aware that man bags have been a 'thing' for years. You're obviously more savvy than me about man bags, so I'll just leave it there.

The majority of late teens/ early twenties young lads wear these they are known as manbags and you can see in top photo in article linked that the majority of the young lads had them in the night club

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MerrieBee
Back