DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something old,
Something new...

"In the car they played music all the way,
they stopped once to get a can of fizzy drink,
and there was three of them in the car,
Jay in the back and Qassim's friend in the front.

'Once at the property, his friend opened the door, and went to the left and went straight to sleep'.

'Jay walked in, and Qassim walked in behind him,
went upstairs, and got him a red blanket.'

Jay then asked for a charger and then went into Qassim's friend room, while he was sleeping and got the charger.

Mr Williams-Thomas said that Qassim told him he then went to sleep and woke up to the sound of the door buzzing.

He added:
'Qassim opened the door and spoke to a woman and man and they told, him to move his car,
which he did and he said he could see Jay chatting to a woman'.

He said that after moving the car,
he came back and saw Jay had his trainers on
and he told Qassim that the woman had said he could get a bus 'every ten minutes'.

Qassim said to him
'Chill, mate, I'll drop you off later, when I wake up'
but he said Jay said
'nah, I need some scran,
I'm hungry'.

Jay said he had been told by the woman the bus to Los Cristianos was every ten minutes
and Qassim said there was no bus and added
'Do what you like'
before going to sleep.

Mr Williams-Thomas added:
'Qassim says the next think he remembers is getting a call from one of Jay's friends to say
he is lying in a ditch somewhere
and that he's been 'bitten by a cactus'."

Just some of my own thoughts from this interview...
- Jay wanted to continue the party back at the airbnb, yet they all went straight to bed??
- Jay borrowed a charger but he still didn't have enough battery when he set off?
- A man and a woman knocked on Ayub's airbnb asking him to move a car? Who are this couple and can they verify seeing Jay outside too?
- Who called Ayub to say he was "lying in a ditch somewhere" - plus "bitten by a cactus" is very strange language.
- Lucy said the men were shocked when she reached the apartment looking for Jay, yet they already knew Jay was missing if the above phone call was true.
- If everything was cool, why not go back and re-charge the phone/call a taxi.. anything other than take a perilous route (possibly down to the sea)..
- I personally think that Ayub is covering for the "real"Johnny Vegas..

His friend called Qassim according to that article - how on earth would Jay’s friend have Qassim’s number? Also, “lying in a ditch” ??? moo
This is a very interesting statement.
If I recall correctly, neither Brad nor Lucy mentioned this to any media.
What's more, Lucy supposedly had to track down the airbnb by Snapchat photos via Facebook and then "surprised" them with a visit. So who called and why did Lucy go on Facebook to ask for help with finding the location?
Edited: typo

Talking of phone chargers...

Every phone I got (Android)
required a separate charger!

There is no "one for all".

Although it is supposed to change soon I heard.
New phones don't even come with one any more.

My partner and I got new (android) phones in the last year or two. Both take USB C. We just bought charger boxes and cables off eBay.

It's very flexible now. If Jay had a newer phone, it's very probable he could charge from anyone's charger, so long as it wasn't an iPhone.

MOO

In terms of the theory that Jay stole the Rolex last minute (e.g while getting the charger) and left almost immediately, I’m really 50/50. On the one hand, if Qassim has offered Jay a towel, lift home, cigarette and phone charger, then Jay stealing the watch would be a rather nasty thing to do. It seems Qassim was considerate and hospitable that night, taking a young man on drugs to a safe place to sleep as he’s buzzing after the night’s ended. Jay would have to either really distrust these men, or dislike them for some reason, to betray them like that. I know the whole “roadman” lifestyle often is based on making money and endorsing violence to solve problems, but after such a nice favour from mutual friends you’d have to lack a lot of empathy and appreciation for them to do that. You’d also have to be pretty fearless, now that we know who Qassim is.

I am also under the impression that if this watch theft did happen, Jay would’ve had to keep his cool pretty well after the fact. I think Qassim would’ve been able to suss Jay out pretty quickly if not - after stealing a 12K watch, suddenly Jay leaves the room and is in a hurry to leave, refusing a lift, nervous and putting his shoes on? I think that’s pretty obvious IMO.

However… Jay Slater cannot be the ONLY one in Tenerife that night, at that rave, who was capable of stealing a watch. There must’ve been hundreds of young men out of their minds, perhaps many pickpockets, and we STILL have no confirmation of who this Rolex man was, or if it was even real. ALL MOO! <3

The source added: "In an ideal world the family would like the equipment to be in the hands of those leading the search by next week. That’s what they are pushing for."

Yep.
These guys and co. seem dodgy
(drugs, prison, etc.)
But...
does it mean they are murderers?? :rolleyes:

Nah!
I somehow really doubt it.

I still think Jay's disappearance was an ACCIDENT.

JMO
Indeed. Also, if there was a watch, they’d just take it.

New phones don't even come with one any more.

My partner and I got new (android) phones in the last year or two. Both take USB C. We just bought charger boxes and cables off eBay.

It's very flexible now. If Jay had a newer phone, it's very probable he could charge from anyone's charger, so long as it wasn't an iPhone.

MOO
Even the new iPhones charge through usb-c now.

Just some of my own thoughts from this interview...
- Jay wanted to continue the party back at the airbnb, yet they all went straight to bed??
- Jay borrowed a charger but he still didn't have enough battery when he set off?
- A man and a woman knocked on Ayub's airbnb asking him to move a car? Who are this couple and can they verify seeing Jay outside too?
- Who called Ayub to say he was "lying in a ditch somewhere" - plus "bitten by a cactus" is very strange language.
- Lucy said the men were shocked when she reached the apartment looking for Jay, yet they already knew Jay was missing if the above phone call was true.
- If everything was cool, why not go back and re-charge the phone/call a taxi.. anything other than take a perilous route (possibly down to the sea)..
- I personally think that Ayub is covering for the "real"Johnny Vegas..
BBM - I personally think large quantities salt should be applied to anything Ayub says, we know right from the first thing he said that Jay has nowhere to stay that he may not be an entirely truthful person

JMO

Qassim said he got a call, so I might be right in thinking Lucy called him before heading up there. Makes perfect sense to me to get their location then drives around trying to find him.

I don’t buy the ‘helping him out as his friends had all left him’

I think the guardia civil should have more questions for Q and his mate after the watch news but as they let them leave (no critisism at all on that, they worked with what info they had) not sure what the protocol would be to interview them as they’re both back in London.

Mark Williams-Thomas has stated that Jay was scared when he left the Airbnb so much so that Jay apparently told Lucy by phone that he couldn't go back there. He seemed happy to go with the 2 men to the air bnb maybe hoping for more partying (though apparently according to Qassim the 2 men just went straight to bed). For Jay to be scared something must have happened in the air bnb and all I can think is Jay may have taken something the men believed belonged to them maybe drugs, a watch? Very early on we heard Jay's mum had received a threatening phone call saying "kiss goodbye to your son he owes me alot of money". Could this have been from Qassim or his anonymous (so far) friend after something they owned had been taken? Just my thoughts only..

Mark Williams-Thomas has stated that Jay was scared when he left the Airbnb so much so that Jay apparently told Lucy by phone that he couldn't go back there. He seemed happy to go with the 2 men to the air bnb maybe hoping for more partying (though apparently according to Qassim the 2 men just went straight to bed). For Jay to be scared something must have happened in the air bnb and all I can think is Jay may have taken something the men believed belonged to them maybe drugs, a watch? Very early on we heard Jay's mum had received a threatening phone call saying "kiss goodbye to your son he owes me alot of money". Could this have been from Qassim or his anonymous (so far) friend after something they owned had been taken? Just my thoughts only..
I really can’t get the text to his mother out of my head! Such bizarre timing… Moo.

Regarding the charger, unless Jay had an iPhone 15 any iPhone charger would work. I’m sure I read he had an iPhone

If it was on low change to start with and he only charged it for a short amount of time (going on when he arrived/left air b and b) Facetime / snap live would drain it quickly, especially if it’s an older model.

I’m wondering if not being able to ‘… go back there…’ was down to something else rather than him being scared? He may of just wanted to leave? Nothing to do there…he was hungry, no food etc. Is it being surmised he was scared, or did he state he was scared? It reads the former to me.

Also, didn’t tell Lucy he was lost? So, how could he go back there? If he was lost…

Regarding the charger, unless Jay had an iPhone 15 any iPhone charger would work. I’m sure I read he had an iPhone

If it was on low change to start with and he only charged it for a short amount of time (going on when he arrived/left air b and b) Facetime / snap live would drain it quickly, especially if it’s an older model.

listening to the above, he didn’t necessarily get the charger.

What the heck. So Qassim is Vegas...then who exactly is the 2nd man with Qassim/Vegas? Ugh!
Yeah right !! He is covering up for Vegas , Wonder why he is willing to take all the heat and refuse to name the 2nd guy with him?? Probably the 2nd guy is higher up the chain than Q MOO Also Q works out there so must have his own place to stay near the Strip. Why rent the AIR bnb for 3 nights when his Friend arrives in Tenerife?? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieV