Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some of my own thoughts from this interview...
- Jay wanted to continue the party back at the airbnb, yet they all went straight to bed??
- Jay borrowed a charger but he still didn't have enough battery when he set off?
- A man and a woman knocked on Ayub's airbnb asking him to move a car? Who are this couple and can they verify seeing Jay outside too?
- Who called Ayub to say he was "lying in a ditch somewhere" - plus "bitten by a cactus" is very strange language.
- Lucy said the men were shocked when she reached the apartment looking for Jay, yet they already knew Jay was missing if the above phone call was true.
- If everything was cool, why not go back and re-charge the phone/call a taxi.. anything other than take a perilous route (possibly down to the sea)..
- I personally think that Ayub is covering for the "real"Johnny Vegas..
Can anyone remember where the info about Ayub booking the Air BnB came from. I know there was a pic of the booking u nder a false name? This was how his identity came out, did someone leak the info

The fact Ayub states in the interview he had to move his car as he was told by a man and a woman at the same time when JS is speaking to airbnb owner sits a little strange with me, I don’t know why.

From the interview:

Mr Williams-Thomas said that Qassim told him he then went to sleep and woke up to the sound of the door buzzing.

He added: 'Qassim opened the door and spoke to a woman and man and they told, him to move his car, which he did and he said he could see Jay chatting to a woman.

He said that after moving the car, he came back and saw Jay had his trainers on and he told Qassim that the woman had said he could get a bus 'every ten minutes

Qassim said to him "Chill, mate, I'll drop you off later, when I wake up' but he said Jay said 'nah, I need some scran, I'm hungry"

The fact Ayub states in the interview he had to move his car as he was told by a man and a woman at the same time when JS is speaking to airbnb owner sits a little strange with me, I don’t know why.

From the interview:

Mr Williams-Thomas said that Qassim told him he then went to sleep and woke up to the sound of the door buzzing.

He added: 'Qassim opened the door and spoke to a woman and man and they told, him to move his car, which he did and he said he could see Jay chatting to a woman.

He said that after moving the car, he came back and saw Jay had his trainers on and he told Qassim that the woman had said he could get a bus 'every ten minutes

Qassim said to him "Chill, mate, I'll drop you off later, when I wake up' but he said Jay said 'nah, I need some scran, I'm hungry"

He said that whilst moving the car he saw Jay in the rear view mirror. Which implies Jay came out of the property whilst he was moving the car…so I guess the owner also saw him moving the car?

So a man also saw Jay at the bnb not just the woman he asked about the bus times. This is the first mention of anyone apart from the woman jay spoke to seeing him.
I wonder why Q needed to mention moving his car though? He didnt mention it in the first DM interview did he?
Maybe an alibi for the car being moved if he later drove off in search of Jay? MOO
Do we know how MWT got this interview with Q ? Couldnt have been in person unless MWT flew back to UK or Q flew back to Tenerfie ?

I wonder why Q needed to mention moving his car though? He didnt mention it in the first DM interview did he?
Maybe an alibi for the car being moved if he later drove off in search of Jay? MOO
Do we know how MWT got this interview with Q ? Couldnt have been in person unless MWT flew back to UK or Q flew back to Tenerfie ?
It would be interesting to know the registration numbers of the white vehicles at the air bnb see if any matched the one shown in the road near where Jay's phone pinged when a lad was seen getting into or out of the car. This was seen on the live cams. There is probably an innocent explanation of this and many many people have white cars in Spain but simply checking registration plates would have been a quick way to see it there was anything of interest to this sighting. It does seem strange the knock on the door to move the car. I would imagine Qassim had parked in the same place outside the air bnb during his stay then just that morning he happened to be asked to move it.

So a man also saw Jay at the bnb not just the woman he asked about the bus times. This is the first mention of anyone apart from the woman jay spoke to seeing him.

Nope...

'They told me he'd spoken to the next door neighbours and they'd told him there was a bus every 10 minutes back down to Los Cristianos,' she said.

His answers sound so rehearsed and why go into detail about inconsequential things such as what brand of cigarette he gave him.
I agree. Probably his friend the 2nd man has told him what to say and what not to say? MOO
I still think it is odd that he has only now decided to speak to MWT. Perhaps the heat is getting hard to handle ?
Sure Border force will be paying more attention to them all now regardless of the outcome !!
MOO

His answers sound so rehearsed and why go into detail about inconsequential things such as what brand of cigarette he gave him.
I did wonder the same. I know that research shows liars don’t tend to drift into too much detail though. I’m not sure where I’ve read it, but I’ve seen something about Jay not having any cigarettes left. So, that detail would reinforce that, but not sure to what ends?

Edit: grammar

It reminds me of when someone calls into work pretending to be sick, they give way too much information to try and make it sound convincing, rather than just saying I’m too ill to come in…
He doesnt seem particularly smart to me and obviously he was caught for his previous crimes .
I think he has agreed or been persuaded to take the rap here. Probably safer to serve more time than the alternative outcome!! All MOO of course

"The search could be
'boosted by partridge hunting season'.

Hunters and their dogs could provide a breakthrough in the search for missing Jay Slater
as they walk through the area of Tenerife
where the teenager disappeared during partridge season,
locals believe.

'There will be different people in the area and a better chance of finding him'.

The season begins in early August but hunters are already in the area for training.

Also seen on Sunday,
two huntsmen, with their pack of dogs,
were spotted in the same area that was searched by a local hiking group,
along with members of Mr Slater's family the previous day."

"The search could be
'boosted by partridge hunting season'.

Hunters and their dogs could provide a breakthrough in the search for missing Jay Slater
as they walk through the area of Tenerife
where the teenager disappeared during partridge season,
locals believe.

'There will be different people in the area and a better chance of finding him'.

The season begins in early August but hunters are already in the area for training.

Also seen on Sunday,
two huntsmen, with their pack of dogs,
were spotted in the same area that was searched by a local hiking group,
along with members of Mr Slater's family the previous day."

August isn't that far off, and a person with a dog is a recurring theme in bodies being found for a reason. Hopefully, Jay's family will get to bring him home soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member