Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They do but to me scran is quite an old fashioned word, I wouldn't expect to hear a teen saying it and google tells me it's not generally used in Lancashire, it's from the other side of the country/Scotland.

Maybe it's making a comeback in a wider area
Scran is a common term in parts of Northern England, not exclusively used by teenagers.

No, I'm not surprised by that at all but I am surprised that anyone would jump up and rush out in the small hours and make a meet with that cash within minutes of being contacted. This supposedly happened in a very short space of time and IMO it's not plausible.
For drugs perhaps but not a watch on it own what is plausible is criminals like the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning, less people around and shrouded by darkness

If he had a bag of cash he would have had the money for a taxi, he won’t have hung around for buses or attempted an 11 hour walk
As far as I remember from personal experience, there is no uber or equivalent in Tenerife (at least in the north of the island). To get a taxi, one needs to have a phone number of the taxi service (requires a charged phone and an internet connection) and then call it and speak Spanish.

As far as I remember from personal experience, there is no uber or equivalent in Tenerife (at least in the north of the island). To get a taxi, one needs to have a phone number of the taxi service (requires a charged phone and an internet connection) and then call it and speak Spanish.
But surely most of the taxi drivers there have a basic understanding of English, since a lot of their customers would be tourists from the UK?

Do we know if the place has CCTV?
I have no experience of stealing anything - are there really people able to source large amounts of cash and head off in the middle of the night to buy watches that they have no knowledge of the provenance of?
I don’t know about the place specifically having cctv, but it is across the road from the church square which has cctv, it is the cam that caught the image of someone who looked like JS later that day.

Talking about taxis, I'd have thought that Lucy would have told him to wait by the side of the road and ordered a taxi to pick him up. Sure, it would take a while to reach him and be expensive, but given how desperate he sounded to her, would that even matter?
If true that Lucy is now in Malta I think it is.. what kind of family is she from. If you were her parents wouldn't you be wanting her to stay home for a while after all this. I'd be worried sick after all the stuff that's been said about her and what happened to Jay

If true that Lucy is now in Malta I think it is.. what kind of family is she from. If you were her parents wouldn't you be wanting her to stay home for a while after all this. I'd be worried sick after all the stuff that's been said about her and what happened to Jay
I get what you're saying, but she is an adult and free to make her own decisions.

But surely most of the taxi drivers there have a basic understanding of English, since a lot of their customers would be tourists from the UK?
I can only speak about the north of the island, which is mountainous and lacks any resorts and accompanying English speaking tourists. There in the north, the taxi drivers I encountered (including the people who pick up the phone when you call to order a taxi), spoke no English whatsoever (this was in 2024, not long ago). We in fact had some adventures trying to order taxis and communicate with them in general.
This could be different in more touristy areas, I can't say.

I assume it’s a UK word and also I’m way behind on this thread so apologies if it’s been thoroughly explained but what is scran? I’m picturing spam (canned ham) lol.
He said that after moving the car,
he came back and saw Jay had his trainers on
and he told Qassim that the woman had said he could get a bus 'every ten minutes'.

Ummm, why would Jay NOT have his trainers on if he was standing outside talking to Ofelia?
Why would he state this? Odd observation to make imo.
It makes me believe hes been studying comments online re the Snapchat of Jays shoes/trainers/slippers...

WTF why would Jay NOT have his trainers on if he was standing outside talking to Ofelia?
It makes me believe hes been studying comments online re the Snapchat of Jays shoes/trainers/slippers...
This is one of the many odd comments he made, and I agree that he might have matched his explanation to the many theories going around on social media.
It hasn't worked though, as his talk through of that fateful morning raises more questions than it answers.

This is one of the many odd comments he made, and I agree that he might have matched his explanation to the many theories going around on social media.
It hasn't worked though, as his talk through of that fateful morning raises more questions than it answers.
I agree that it seems strange, however is it not more likely that the interviewer is asking him these questions directly, as he is just basing his questions from everything that has been discussed online

He said that after moving the car,
he came back and saw Jay had his trainers on
and he told Qassim that the woman had said he could get a bus 'every ten minutes'.

Ummm, why would Jay NOT have his trainers on if he was standing outside talking to Ofelia?
It is highly likely that he is reading stuff online.
It is also highly likely that MWT is reading stuff online and asked him specific questions, to kind of "clarify the mysteries" - e.g. about the blanket, and if he remembers which sneakers Jay had, and if he had cigarettes, and if his phone was charged, and if he had any food/drink, etc

ETA sorry didn't see almost exactly the same response above me as I was typing

I’m back and forward every hour on this, I really am. Ayub has said what I said in one of my previous posts what I thought may have happened (Jay went back with them as he couldn’t get back to his place for whatever reason).

If Ayub didn’t have these previous convictions then I could 100% believe his story in genuinely looking after another British lad who’s younger and worse for wear to make sure he had somewhere to sleep for the night.
But the kind of character he seems to be does put a bit of doubt in my head and I think that’s only natural. Granted he has some pretty severe drug convictions but we have no evidence/reports he’s caused injury to anyone before….supplying drugs is one thing (still bad) but potentially being involved in the disappearance (edited ‘murder’ out as that’s a very strong word to use) of a 19 year old lad for whatever reason is a pretty big step up.

I really do still think Jay’s gone back there, after an hour or so realised the situation is a pretty weird one and just wanted to get back to his accommodation and tried to go about it as polite as he can (“Cheers for the offer of a lift later on but I just want to get back and grab some food”). Unsure about the bus situation, he’s walked the way he has done and for reasons we’re not sure of yet has ended up off the road.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
394tx
Back