Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the Mirror/Express is reporting this accurately, then the Spanish Police definitely have intel that has not been released to the public. It's inconceivable that JS would have survived for this length of time unaided.
Would Spanish police actually talk to the Mirror/Express though?? Maybe someone in the force leaked this info for payment? Who knows ! Sincerely hope other avenues are being explored behind the scenes anyway

On Sunday, former Metropolitan Police cop Mark Williams-Thomas said the disappearance in Tenerife has links to an "established criminal network". Read what he said in full here.

Jay's family has expressed their frustration with the local police's efforts, feeling there has been insufficient action taken, especially after the official search was halted after two weeks. They are also perplexed by the swift dismissal of two individuals who had driven Jay to a secluded Airbnb near Masco, who were then allowed to return to the UK, reports the Mirror.

*it wouldn't be the first time cops would not release absolutely accurate messages to the public so any suspects wouldn't make any sudden moves. Undercover cops might be working the case. I'd be worried about their authorities if they weren't. just sayin'

If they have info that doesn't place him where they have been searching, it's really unfair on his father and brother who are still spending all their days trying to find him in the mountains.
I agree but it may jeopardise the investigation to reveal anything to the family. Especially as they are constantly talking to the press.

This case is actually makes no sense at all.......so many different accounts and far too many lies from the people who are meant to be his friends etc
What different accounts?

We have the owner who saw him leave and ask for directions and then head up the road.

We have Q that puts him outside talking to the owner whilst he moves the car. And then leaving the AirBNB. (Presume this is verifiable with the above and has been by LE).

We have Brad that puts him outside and possibly off-road after leaving the AirBNB.

We have Lucy that puts him lost, needing a drink and with low battery.

I don’t see where there are contradictions.

We have unverified MSM stories or through MWT about other stuff that could potentially be linked to more sinister reasons for his disappearance. None of it released by the actual witness though - just to be clear.

A source close to the case told the Mirror that investigators are still hoping to find the 19-year-old alive and are not working on the basis he was "missing feared dead".

Renewed hope? I wonder who "the source close to the case" is? Can this even be trusted?
Lets say Jay is alive...what theories do we have? Is that even something we are allowed to discuss? Apologies if not...

I can't see how there's any hope Jay is alive unless LE have information that the public aren't aware of. Such as promising sightings, reliable witness statements, CCTV footage, forensic evidence located such as fingerprints or DNA that put Jay at particular physical locations in the recent past. JMO, I sincerely doubt that.

A source close to the case told the Mirror that investigators are still hoping to find the 19-year-old alive and are not working on the basis he was "missing feared dead".

Renewed hope? I wonder who "the source close to the case" is? Can this even be trusted?
Lets say Jay is alive...what theories do we have? Is that even something we are allowed to discuss? Apologies if not...
*a theory discussed very early in the media:

Debbie, who works as a school finance officer, pleaded through MailOnline: "If anyone does have him, just let him go, he's not a bad person, maybe he's got in with some strangers who've befriended him. I'm not stupid, I've been to Tenerife before, I've worked abroad myself and I gave him warnings. I just think if anyone has got him, let him go, he's not a bad person."

Through her tears, Debbie continued, "If he's got himself mixed up with any trouble, just let him go. It's been three days, he's in the same clothes. If he's been dumped in the mountains, it's hot in the day and cold at night. ”

*a theory discussed very early in the media:

Debbie, who works as a school finance officer, pleaded through MailOnline: "If anyone does have him, just let him go, he's not a bad person, maybe he's got in with some strangers who've befriended him. I'm not stupid, I've been to Tenerife before, I've worked abroad myself and I gave him warnings. I just think if anyone has got him, let him go, he's not a bad person."

Through her tears, Debbie continued, "If he's got himself mixed up with any trouble, just let him go. It's been three days, he's in the same clothes. If he's been dumped in the mountains, it's hot in the day and cold at night. Jay is a brilliant person, everybody loves being in his company. He's bubbly and fun, he's such a lovely, beautiful boy. I just want my little baby home with me.”

The very idea that anyone could have a vested interest in kidnapping Jay or holding him to ransom is completely delusional IMO and only a mother could come up with such notions! JMO MOO

British media can do and say as they like
It is much the same here in the USA.

Though there is the concept of libel, there is also the concept of a very broad definition of what constitute 'news'. Networks can then report the 'news'- so long as the reporting is factually accurate.

The reporting does not need to be proportionate. Very minor events can be given national headlines. Likewise, the stories can go out of their way to publicize the names of those involved- so long as the names are not specifically protected under state law and are linked to the broad definition of 'news'.

“We need to, as a full family, do a proper press conference and ask the British authorities to help. He’s a British citizen. Get Interpol involved.

“It’s just us. I haven’t got a team. We need a team to come over here and find out for us what the police are doing and what we need to do.

“Our hands are tied over here, we need experts. How long can you stay here for? It’ll take an army 10 years to cover all this. I’d employ a team of Gurkhas.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/jay-slater-missing-tenerife--update-b2576360.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yedi
Back