Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe that Jay's fate/ demise was sealed from the time of the alleged theft of the expensive watch (if the Snapchat pic and his message are to be believed as true).
Once he had publicised the fact that he had stolen the timepiece along with the "Mali kids", one of whom appears to be an established businessman on that island, to at least one other person and thus implicated Ayub to others such as Lucy who work there and have connections and friends/ contacts without realising the full implications. I doubt Ayub and unknown friend are going to take this lightly.
My own belief is that taking Jay to Masca was planned a couple.of days before when they booked the AirBnB. It's a convenient, secluded location to gain revenge without witnesses. Not directly, but by setting him up with the watch owner or his "helper".
Having spent a lot of my teenage/ early 20s holidays in Los Cristianos and clubbing in Las Americas in the late 90s/ early 20s when my father retired there temporarily, I became aware of how things worked and would never have gotten involved.
My father left in the end as he became aware of how gangster run it was and people disappearing without trace on many occasions. MOO

Last edited:
Opinion only...

Something that some people don't want the public to know about was going on at the accommodation. Hence the secrecy around mystery man, the location of the accomodation etc.

But

It had nothing to do with J's disappearance. He walked off and got lost trying to take a shortcut.

Edited for clarity.

I don’t think they’re using it like an average hiking holidaymaker would use it. I think it being off grid with little CCTV and no prying eyes, is more the draw.

Oh I agree the whole setup in the AirBnB is very dodgy whether it is directly related to Jay going missing or not.

I just can't see it being so dodgy as to require one of the occupants to remain nameless and quiet for this long.

The only (highly unlikely) explanation I can think of is there was some sort of undercover operation going on that has now been disrupted.

The whole location of the AirBnB stinks to me, sorry but it just does and always has.

There is no way these people needed to save money by finding somewhere for £40 a night. There is no sense in them choosing somewhere so far out of town when they spent much of their time partying, I do not believe it was the only accom they could find when there are hundreds of hotels and they have contacts. They weren’t up there for hiking. It’s three times further from the airport than the resorts are.

The two burning questions I have are:

Why that particular location?
Was Jay scared when he left?

I think he’s been set up or avenged, whether that was for drugs or money or a watch, I don’t know. But it’s not right, it’s just not.
Good points/questions. Do you have a main hunch?

Oh I agree the whole setup in the AirBnB is very dodgy whether it is directly related to Jay going missing or not.

I just can't see it being so dodgy as to require one of the occupants to remain nameless and quiet for this long.

The only (highly unlikely) explanation I can think of is there was some sort of undercover operation going on that has now been disrupted.
Could well be. BBM

The thing that gets me curious is, of all the news sources that have been quoted on this thread, not one of them has revealed his name. Whose? That other guy! Yeah, no need to proselytize, I get it, armchair sleuths haven't a right to know that...but hey, it's the fact that no news source has revealed it, or even found it. And if they DID find that name, why did they NOT report it? Protect him? Yeah, I guess....but the question for me becomes....protect him from what? I mean, the other cat's name is blasted all out there, his criminal record, his business dealings, his comings and goings, yada yada yada, but NOOOOOO, nothing on the other dude.....WHY?
I agree, it's very unlike the British press in particular to just sit on a name, unless they actually don't know it, and having worked on a tabloid, I know the lengths to which they'll go to get information. So it's definitely strange that this man is still managing to stay anonymous. I wonder if he has managed to get some sort of injunction so that his name simply can't be revealed by the media?

I think that 'new/clean' teens on holiday, of the right inclination, could be very useful to organised criminals for transporting drugs in their holiday luggage back to the uk.
And one method of making these new partners tow the line, is to first get them to commit a crime which can then be used to threaten/blackmail them into doing the transporting.
Organising for a naive teen to 'steal' a watch would be one good way to start the ball rolling.
Could Jay have completed the first act then, back at the airbnb, refused the second part of the deal?
Ayub and his friend had spent 3 or 4 days getting to know this group of teens and deciding who to choose,
Or did they already know Lucy? that's even more interesting.
It seems Ayub and friend were not actually at the Rave, but booked to fly back to the uk with the end of the Rave, so would be conveniently on the receiving end of the plan.
The only problem I see with this reasoning is that apparently there are countless Brits only too happy to transport drugs in and out of the area; there was a piece about it today in the tabloid press. So would these men really need to press-gang a youngster like Jay into doing it? Genuine question.

Good points/questions. Do you have a main hunch?

Nope, I’m sitting atop a very rickety fence and repeatedly fall off one way then climb back up and topple over the other side.

I think something iffy was going on, in fact I’m sure of it, but I can’t decide if Jay cheerily walked off and got lost, ran off scared and got lost, or headed back/got caught and something else happened. I’m unconvinced by the mystery boat rumours and definitely don’t think Jay planned anything himself.

I think while the backstory is juicy and sleuth-worthy, that the daft lad saw the sea and decided to try a short cut thinking Los C must be right there. But honestly, no outcome would shock me now!

either that or another place in the Masca area presumably. Or it’s just from the same weekend. Either way I find it interesting given that it’s far away from tourist resorts and he is quite a bit older, and because the reason given for Jay going back there was “he had nowhere else to go”
Nobody is that much of a good samaritain imo to be "rescuing teenage boys who have lost there way on a night out tbh or maybe I'm just not hearing about all these knights and saints

Not saying he is making it up exactly but seems to be repeating stuff that has been circulating on SM for several weeks now. If he has found any new important information he should be sharing it with Police not SM. MOO
I had posted similar earlier in thread that lots of stuff that was on sm and dismissed as conspiracy ,rumour and lies is now coming through MSM much of it courtesy of Mark ,I've even seen theories put forward here end up in msm

I don't think he will have served any where near the full 9 years, he's possibly been out since 2020. What do you mean by an address associated with his passport please
Think poster is referencing the fact you have to have a stable address for a passport not just couch surfing here there and everywhere

This theory was put forward by webslueths yesterday now in msm

And manager of night clubs interview stinks of cover up and pay out to stay quiet wonder was ophelia paid off to say she seen jay and noise neighbours heard at 6am was jay been beaten up

Opinion only...

Something that some people don't want the public to know about was going on at the accommodation. Hence the secrecy around mystery man, the location of the accomodation etc.

But

It had nothing to do with J's disappearance. He walked off and got lost trying to take a shortcut.

Edited for clarity.
I think it was mesca was a smuggling route from the sea and ayub would wait to oversee shipment it has been reported that jay was calling friends and snap chatting in Airbnb wonder was he mouthing of about "business " and guy no 2 gave him a few digs and jay fled into the mountains

I am sure there are many out there who know exactly who guy no 2 is. Why don't they out him? Several reasons:
My guess is fear for most of them, Ayub the youngsters and locals that is. MWT fear again. LE .well they may be secretly looking into him and keeping it all secret.
I think he is probably Ayubs boss higher up the chain and Ayub is taking the fall for him.
Could be completely wrong of course JMO Thoughts anyone else ?
Or his rapper friend who owns the private members club

Random teens sell their drugs for them. Doubt they are high up the chain in the drugs business .Probably distribute to the teens who work in resort collect the money made etc. MOO
This is an angle I've not thought of be fore ,they don't get their hands dirty with the drugs they just collect the money ayub passes the money off as legit as he runs a coffee shop business in Tenerife classic money laundering scheme maybe jay didn't steal a watch per say but watch was taken by the two AirBnB guys as a debt and because jay was with them and witnessed it he taught he would brag to his friends about "stealing a watch " showing off kind of thing as he does say I stole an Ap with the two Mali kids what happened after that is anyone's guess but if I were looking for Jay I be searching a lot closer to the stop off for a fizzy drink

I dunno, glad I'm an old cat and not tied up in all this clubbin' fun! Gramma used to say nothin' good ever happens after midnight.....maybe she was right, eh?

My father used to say similar the only thing that happens after dark is trouble I think jay got mixed up with members of a crime ring him going missing could be no fault of theirs but IMHO if he wasn't with them he wouldn't have gone missing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back