Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd hope that the SM madness would stop now but already I see new conspiracy theories popping up. I wonder if the people who have bashed those involved will apologise or feel the slighest remorse for what they've put the family through.

So it would seem the announcement that they were abandoning the search was something of a ruse by the Spanish police, to enable them to carry on searching without all the media hoo-har.

“The Civil Guard mountain rescue and intervention unit has found, after 29 days of non-stop searching, the body of a young man in the Masca area," it says.

"Given the difficulties of the case, the discovery has been possible thanks to the constant and discreet search carried out by the Civil Guard for the last 29 days during which care was taken to ensure curious onlookers did not fill the area.

BBC News - Jay Slater: Police find remains during search for British teenager in Tenerife
Jay Slater: Police find remains during search for British teenager in Tenerife - BBC News
This brings tears to my eyes that they never gave up on the young man

I knew this would be the outcome from the start - such a sad ending of misadventure by this young man. Those areas are places not to be messed with. I hope all those sensationalists sharing rubbish on facebook and tiktok have a good hard look at themselves - honestly cant believe the rubbish people came up with.

So sorry for the parents and family who never gave up. Rip young man. Only thing I can think that will come from this is that young people are more careful in the future and keep Jay in their thoughts.

Charity urges privacy for Jay Slater's family

Here's the full statement from the British overseas missing persons charity LBT Global.

“LBT Global is saddened to announce that a body found in Tenerife does look to be that of Jay Slater. It is understood the body was found close to the site of his mobile phone’s last location.

Although formal identification is yet to be carried out, the body was found with Mr Slater’s possessions and clothes. A post mortem and forensic enquiries will follow. LBT Global are supporting the family at this distressing time and ask for everyone to afford them space and privacy to come to terms with the news."

Slater family informed of discovery - Reuters reporter

A reporter for the Reuters news agency has told the BBC that the body was found by the Civil Guard on Monday morning.

The Slater family was told before the media, the reporter adds, and a post-mortem examination is yet to be carried out.

It will now be down to a Spanish court on Tenerife to investigate the cause of death.

The only thing that should be investigated now is why was he too scared to go back or so scared he fled because imo he only got lost because he was brought to an Airbnb so remote at 19 years of age with not much life experience it just really saddens me and I feel there is some lose ends to be tied up my thoughts are with Jay's family and they deserve answers to whatever questions they may have and I sincerely hope they are given them openly and honestly

Evidence suggests body is missing British teenager - Spanish police

Spanish police have released a statement after discovering a body in Tenerife.
“The Civil Guard mountain rescue and intervention unit has found, after 29 days of non-stop searching, the body of a young man in the Masca area," it says.
"Given the difficulties of the case, the discovery has been possible thanks to the constant and discreet search carried out by the Civil Guard for the last 29 days during which care was taken to ensure curious onlookers did not fill the area.
"All the evidence suggests, with full identification still pending, that this is the young British man who disappeared on 17 June."

I hope the family are now reassured that the Spanish police were working for Jay the whole time. Sometimes, transparency isn't the best way and this does sound like a sensible decision, given the tourism in Tenerife and people's innate curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator